My husband and I come to SA every year, and each time we are rarely dissapointed, but this was our our first time to Natal and to the battlefields and being that Fugitives Drift which had been recommended was fully booked, we decided after scanning the internet we would stay at the Lodge as opposed to the Hotel, the latter we thought looked rather impersonal, and normally the guest lodges we have always stayed in have been extremely hospitable and have enjoyed getting to know the owners, but on this occasion we only met the owner Christine once and never her husband Our room was comfortable, and had faboulous views. Food was good, and well presented, but surprised we had to eat so early at 7p.m. but did manage to persuade the manager to let us move this 7.30 p.m. We departed having very much enjoyed our tour of the area, but will not be recommending this establishment, as we left to return our journey back to Cape Town I discovered at our First stop for lunch at Clarens that I had left my mobile, as I hadn't even got out of the car since our departure and remember using this phone in my room before leaving I just knew it had to be in the safety of our bedroom. As soon as I was able to locate the internet I emailed Christine, and her reply was that she never found it. On my return to the UK I emailed her again to say that it definitely had not dropped out in the car therefore had to be at the Lodge, her reply was well it must have dropped out of the car when you perhaps opened a gate from the lodge. As previous reviews have said there is a dirt track of approx 5 kms to the lodge, which if particularly wet could be difficult to negotiate but there is no gate..........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal