We stayed here for three nights to explore Rorke's Drift and the other Zulu war sites. Beforehand we worried about what we might find in such a remote area. This hotel dispelled all our concerns; it was absolutely excellent! The five star directions prevented any navigating errors getting there. The view form the pool, the veranda and from our two storey rooms (huge bathroom down our own spiral staircase) was breathtaking. Gareth and Christine and their great staff looked after us royally - we even had our dinner specially organised for us in front of the roaring log fire in the sitting room one evening! The honesty bar typified the feeling of trust and homeliness. The Zulu guide, Tulani, was outstanding and set the war in its historical context as well as showing us all the key locations. His tour was booked very straightforwardly by Gareth after we arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal