Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Gorilla Tracking

I'm really satisfied about my experience with Kabarole Tours. Last week I had the chance to do the... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Marc P
Barcelona, Spain
Reliable and spot on!

While staying by myself at Lodge Bella Vista, I contacted Richard by mail. He responded swiftly and... read more

Reviewed October 18, 2018
Annet1970
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
via mobile

All reviews chimp tracking queen elizabeth national park richard itinerary driver gorillas company parks support safari uganda crater lakes landscape walks lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We had paid for our tour in advance but when arrived to office the manager said that he needs to borrow money from us because of some problem with the bank and his account and he is going to give it back to us the next day. We did not agree to lend him money so the tour was canceled. Manager promissed to give the money the next day, but more excuses came and now it has been more than 2 mounths and many emails, and our 700 euro have disappeared.
Don't trust this office! Don't ever send them a deposit because there is a big chance that you won't get the service!

Date of experience: August 2018
Kabarole S, General Manager at Kabarole Tours and Safari, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Trip Advisor readers.
This isan official response to Mr Janis staris comments above..
Mr Staris with a group of 7 booked a number of tours with us and we did all the tours which included chimp tracking, Queen Elizabeth safari and a drop off in Kigali. One tour we did not was amicably agreed with the group and exhanged with another for the day.

The calculations showed that we owe the group a refund. This we affirm that we shall refund as we sort out discussions with our tax body that has been going for the last month's and is almost complete and then we will have unlimited access to our accounts
Please note that due to the nature of our services many things do change on the ground and all discussed amicably and agreed on some are beyond our control.
Kabarole tours with its over 20 years service wishes to assure every one that we have many times refunded for cancellations and committed to refund to all we owe in the future as required.
We continue to provided memorable experieces to visitors and continue to work for the well being of our communities and conservation projects.
I have as founder written personally to Mr. Staris an apology to him and group apologising assuring him of our commitment.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

It was an awesome weekend in the Queen elizabeth national Park. Our guide Brydon is a good driver and takes care about us. We saw many animals and I had enough time to take a photo. Best weekend ever!

Date of experience: August 2018
Henri M, Public Relations Manager at Kabarole Tours and Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Kathrin,
thank you very much for writing abour your experience with us!
I wish you a nice day!
Henri

PS Brydon also sents his best Greetings!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We had a fabulous and forever memorable trip around Uganda, and Kabarole tours was a key reason. They suggested a superb itinerary and our guide, Kenneth, was knowledgeable, professional, and good company. I cannot recommend them too highly--and the cost was in my opinion very reasonable (I am a professor and my wife is a teacher so we have an OK income but are not wealthy). I also strongly recommend Western Uganda for those considering a trip to Africa. Go before it is overrun with tourists, which will surely happen as word gets out. BTW, our health worries proved groundless. In particular, sleeping sickness (from Tsetse flies) has been eliminated from the areas you are likely to visit, and can apparently be readily treated in any case. And the gorillas are worth the fee, which supports their conservation.

Date of experience: July 2018

Dear mckinnoj62,
thank you very much for writing abour your experience with us.
We are happy that you liked your tour. Should you ever come back to Uganda again, we would be happy to host you again!
I shall also submit the best Greetings from Kenneth to you. He liked the time spent with you a lot.

I wish you a nice day!

Reviewed February 28, 2018

I did a two days trek with Kabarole including crater lake the first day and up and down to Karangura Peak the second day. My tour guide was Brydon, he was friendly. I really enjoyed our first night in the ecotourism campsite in the Rwenzori. The hike was a bit too intense for me as it is super stip and it was so warm. Still, it was an unforgettable moment. Richard Tooro, the boss of Kabarole Tours, is a nice and honest person and you can feel it through the agency.

Date of experience: August 2017

Dear Guillaume,
thank you very much for writing abour your experience with us. We are happy that you liked our service.
Should you ever come back to Fort Portal, we would be happy to host you again!

Warm Greetings from Fort Portal (from Brydon as well!)

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Booking service was good, pick-up and conduction of tour reliable; unfortunately our guide was very unenthusiastic and preferred to chat with other people in their local language instead with us.

Date of experience: February 2018

Dear Yaw,
thank you very much for writing about your experience you had with Kabarole Tours. We are happy that you liked most of our service.
I would also like to apologize that your experience with our guide was not how you would have expected it to be.
Would you mind writing us privately at (info@kabarole-tours.com) and tell us more details about what in detail you didn't liked about the behaviour of our guide? This would help us a lot in improving our services!