“Very nice hotel, just the location lets it down” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Amphitrite Palace

L'Amphitrite Palace
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skhirat
UK
“Very nice hotel, just the location lets it down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed here on a tour of Morocco with VJV. A very nice hotel. The rooms and facilities are super but do come at a price unless you are on a tour such as this. Apparently we were supposed to stay at the Golden Tulip in Rabat itself rather than at this resort but that hotel had screwed up in a big way recently with VJV customers and so they did a switch. Both dinner and breakfast were good and as usual in Morocco the breads excellent.

The hotel is in lovely grounds and it has a nice infinity pool overlooking the beach. The beach lets it down somewhat as it is pretty scruffy but if you are happy with the pool it would be fine. It is the location which is a bit of a problem. Partly this is because the only other thing in Skhirat is a royal palace, heavily garded and next to the hotel which means you do not walk along the beach to the right.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Naples, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

we had a week holiday in June 09
the only part of this Hotel that worth is the beautiful swimming pool overlooking the ocean and the kindness of the pool and beach manager.

Than the experience was not good at all.
A million local people invading the beach which you cannot walk through
the service was very poor and the staff not at good standard; they don't even speak a word of eanglish other than the receptionist. And if you don't speak their language or Franch you are stoked.
Also this place is in the middle of nowhere and you can never go outside the hotel which is even dangerous.
In Skirat there is nothing to do and you can't even walk.
Rabat is the only place to go at 1 hour driving
Breakfast room very small and not big enough if the hotel is booked up
They are definitively not prepared to manage the full booking

restaurants are good expecially the arabian one and the one at teh pool level.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

I was booked at this hotel by my business associate i was going to meet. What a pleasant experience. Nice people, great ammenties. Granted, it seem to be during off-peak time but I would go back without question.

It is a bit far from anything else so plan on having a drive or a rental car if you intent to move around.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TikiTavy
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

The hotel is beautifully set by the beach. The new restaurant they have by the pool is just lovely; you have the illusion of the pool water flowing into the sea. The rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated.
The spa is what you should not miss. The girls who attended to me were very friendly and nice and I guess speaking Arabic must have helped.

I was in charge of the coordination of our event and I must say that the reception people were not the most efficient of all. Some never looked away from the computers while you were talking to them. I had a terrible headache and asked for a pill. I got an aspirin some 2 hours later. I ordered lunch once and waited an hour then called back to hear the room service telling that they were very sorry but the person who'd noted my order has left since her shift had ended and that they had no record of my order. When you call room service after 9, start by asking them what they have to eat; it'll save you time and energy.

Overall, the stay was very calm and pleasant and the Moroccan traditional restaurant is just great. The rest of the food is disappointing.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of the Grand Tour of Morocco though VJV. We were told once on the tour, that we would not be staying in Rabat but had been moved, to this hotel. I don't think VJV will be using it as part of the tour, in future, they probably got a good deal due to the building work, as who in their right mind books a hotel where building work is knowingly going on? Unfortunatley we arrived late in the day so were unable to make use of the facilities. Our welcome drink was fresh orange drink, and we were told that the mini bar (non alcholic) drinks were free. The hotel is lovely and situated on the beach. Building work was being carried out at the pool and bar area, as we left after breakfast we could not say what impact this would have if you were staying around the hotel for the day. Free water with our evening meal, and very good service. Breakfast was plentiful and nice. Rooms are very spacious, with your own small living area, we were accommodated at the back of the hotel, so well away from the building work. Service was good, but there was hardly anyone staying there, our group of 17 being the only ones in the restaraunt in the evening, although their were a couple of other restaraunts which looked nice.

Hope when the building work is finished and the hotel is back up and running that the food quality and service remains as good as we got.

• Stayed May 2009
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

This was a surprise 5 day holiday from my husband for our 18th wedding anniversary. From the time we were picked up at the airport till the day we left I can only describe the experience as magical. I was greeted at the airport by the hotel driver who gave me a white rose. On arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a man in traditional Morocccan costume who served us rose water flavoured milk and local sweets which I was told are customary for newlyweds. We were taken to our hotel room which was beautifully decorated with flowers and dusted with rose petals everywhere. I was very impressed by this point, the hotel room was indeed beautiful and befitting for a honeymoon couple even though I was married for 18 years I did feel like a newlywed. That evening we chose to dine on the terrace overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and what a dinner it was. I felt like royalty. The table was dressed with flowers and candles and we were waited on with a four course meal and even the chef came by to make sure we were happy.

The next day the hotel organized a car and chaffeaur to take us to the sights of Rabat which included lunch at a local Morrocan café which was fantastic and that evening we dined in the Moroccan restaurant in the hotel which is a must, the food was great and the ambience was fantastic with the locals playing music etc while we dined. We always ended up every evening before and after dinner in the hotel Lobby Lounge for cocktails and Moroccan tea. Day 3 saw us enjoying spa treatments that had been organised ahead of time. We had an exfoliating body scrub, massage, jacuzzi and sauna and we were so relaxed afterwards. My husband enjoyed the massage so much he booked himself in for another two sessions before we left. The last two days we kept for relaxation only and took the time to sunbathe and was able to build up a healthy tan as the sun was quite strong.
On the whole the staff at the hotel were polite, courteous, willing to please. The attention to detail was amazing and I thank Sanaa the Guest Operations Manager for making this trip a holiday of a lifetime. The hotel and the room was clean with housekeeping cleaning the room three times a day and even turning down your bed in the evening whilst you dined before bedtime. I have travelled a lot and stayed in many hotels but this one definitely is at the top of my list. This is a great hotel for couples, those wishing to relax and unwind. My only reservation is the fact that there is not a lot for children but again in the summer months when the sea is warm and the pool is busy I think even the little ones would be quite happy here too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

Very NON-welcoming! The security at the door made us go the parking lot across the street (convention Center) to park our car, and we had to carry our suitcases all the way to the hotel to see that they have let other cars to get in, supposedly, it was somebody important!!! This is not the type of behavior you expect in a 5 stars. Next, the lady at the front desk was chewing gum while asking us for information, she never looked on her computer to see that not only we have a reservation but the 3 nights were already prepaid. Instead, she kept asking me for payment and me telling her that it's been paid for.
Staff at the front desk are terrible, they need to learn the words " sorry", " I apologize", etc...
Too bad, a very nice hotel/resort by the beach, but staff is not qualified for the job, excepts higher management. Bottom line, don't hesitate, if you have any concern, call for the manger to get your problem solved.
The lady who was the manger on duty when I complained was extremely helpful, but then do you need to call for the manager every five minutes, good luck, I won't go back!!

• Liked — Locatrion and facilities
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank fatouf6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skhirat
Sofitel Rabat Jardin des Roses
#7 of 42 in Rabat
Riad Kalaa
Riad Kalaa
#4 of 42 in Rabat

Been to L'Amphitrite Palace? Share your experiences!