“Never felt more relaxed!”

and 1 more site!
Aftas Beach Guest House
Ranked #5 of 12 Mirleft B&B and Inns
“Never felt more relaxed!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I loved my stay here! The location is superb, with a fantastic view to wake up to. Brenda was great and very helpful, particularly with finding us space last minute and giving us advice on our further travel. My stay there was incredibly relaxing and if I didn't have other places still to see in Morocco I would have happily extended my time there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank helen_l_berry

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
london
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I read the reviews on Mirleft and was drawn to Aftas after which I befriended Brenda on Facebook. So I didn't know her before the holiday. Brenda made us an affordable deal for a ten days stay inclusive 6 days of surfing with Rachid.
Travelling with three boys out of which two teenagers (and an irritating little brother thrown into the deal) is stress-full!
Well, it doesn't have to be like that: After a day surfing the boys were simply to exhausted to bicker, let alone fight!! Add to that the friendly, welcoming atmosphere of Aftas – the reviews are not lying – and you have the perfect, peaceful family surf holiday and all that on a budget!
Brenda is a gem of host: friendly, relaxed and Adam (the little one) had found a mate!
Just remember that Aftas is a budget accommodation and occasionally it reminded me of travelling in India. Like the time the tap needed replacing and the plumber came to have a look. It took him some time to gather his tools (and wits) in various places and by the time the work was done we had been in tears – of laughter. So if you love the real Morocco and its people and if you don't feel like sealing yourself off in some 5* star resort with its closed gates, if you love being right on the beach, if you and your family love surfing at affordable rates... there is no better place than Aftas and as a travelling mum, surfer and beach lover I give this place 5 stars. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had tears in my eyes when we left reluctantly, for once we had peace on earth. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DCGallin
Mirleft, Morocco
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I found that all the great reviews this place already has are justified:
* the place is incredibly calm and relaxed
* lots of space on terraces, so you can always find a quiet spot for reading
* the guys doing the fishing trips and surfing lessons are really kind
* the host is incredibly helpful (just ask her)

Summary: Perfect spot for winding down for a few days.

Room Tip: * rooms on the top floor are quieter (rooms 4, 5 and 6) * room 4 is a single room with sea view (th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank trypppy
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ive managed to find a cheap ticket from Berlin to Agadir, rented a car, and decided to drive south and stop somewhere where i find nice bay and beach. It was end of november, sun was still shining, and then ive found Brenda place! What a gem! Hostel like, but very cosy, and with some spectacular views from the room near balcony. I got to sleep listening to the ocean waves. I will never forget 3 days i have spent there. Beautiful, wonderful, worthy....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mikiboj
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of spending 2 nights with Brenda at Aftas Beach House and loved every second of our time there. It has all of the charm and character that can be so hard to find but it is the beach, the view, the sunset and the feeling of idyllic isolation that is the real draw.
I could easily have spent much longer as a guest but if I had I may never have left.

• Stayed April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend booked 7 days at Aftas Beach House and can honestly say it was fantastic. The beach house is on the beach and you have the Atlantic Ocean on your doorstep. You can literally step out of the beach house onto the sand.

The location of Aftas is perfect if you want a fabulous view of the sea. It's about 15 mins walk to the village which is an advantage if you want a relaxing, quiet holiday.

Brenda who manages Aftas is a great character and makes Aftas such a success. She is full of good advise and has a wealth of information about the local area. We were lucky enough that she went out of her way to hire a car with us and drive us around further up the coast to some amazing picturesque beaches off the beaten track and to some great places to purchase to bargains. I've been visiting Morocco for over 10 years and have travelled around quite a bit. Aftas beach house I will mark down as one of my favourite places and will definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank sarahkhano
Stege, Denmark
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Where to go as a family seeking a unique and peacefull holiday, far from resorts and stressy life?
We hoped Aftas Beach was what we were looking for. It was - and more to it. Hospitable and genuine Brenda and Mourad accompaigned the marvelous setting - and we came to feel as a part of the house very quick. 11 days here during newyear for us was only to little, and we all came to feel at home at Aftas, and in the cosy town of Mirleft. Delicious food from the berberist, surfing, swimming and listening to the waves, laidback and very original.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mirleft
Kasbah Tabelkoukt
#3 of 11 in Sidi Ifni
Dar Saada
Dar Saada
#6 of 12 in Mirleft

Been to Aftas Beach Guest House? Share your experiences!