Kasbah Igoudar
Domaine Malika(Ouirgane)
Tigmi(Oumnass)
El Warda(Msemrir)
View Hotel
All reviewsatlas mountainsperfect combination of relaxationlocal towndeep endhotel nightsget away from it alllounging by the poolgrounds are gorgeousstaff were incredibly attentivefinal eveningcamel rideperfect breakdirt trackhotel organisedhotel taxiour honeymoonsome tlc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We took advantage of a living social voucher for three nights. The pictures are not fake to my surprise. The place looks exactly as portrayed in the pictures. On offer is peace and tranquillity. As stated before by other reviews, the staff are flexible, attentive and entertaining. As far as accommodation is concerned, we could not ask for more. The grounds, our room, the spa, pool area and restaurant were all above average. The food was better than I expected. The taste was on point. Some we believe were organically grown. The highlight was the quad bike session. The views were definitely to die for. The best we have ever seen. Shopping in the medina in Marrakech was a bit too much for us but we are glad for the experience. It was all too busy and loud. Next time we will go but spend less time. The spa is fantastic and the service good. The weather was very hot but we had parasols if needed. Nothing is cheap. Food, drinks, excursions and transport are all priced above average. However you get what you pay for. The service is in keeping with the relaxed atmosphere of the ethos of the place. We had a relaxing short break that we will experience again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank princess777uk
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Kasbah Igoudar is a perfect retreat if you are looking for peace and quiet, exceptional service, and good food and comfortable rooms. The owner, Amine has put his heart and soul into the design of the Kasbah and has found the most wonderful staff that provide brilliant service with a warm smile and genuine friendship.

It has a certain charm that will leave you wanting to come back. We went with our best mates and we had a really wonderful time. So glad we went.

It takes a good 45 minutes to get from the airport but when you arrive and breathe that wonderful mountain air and soak in the atmosphere and are greeted by Amine, Ismael & Simon - all your stresses disappear and a few days in the Kasbah will make you feel totally recharged.

You can still go into Marrakech and visit the main square and experience the hustle and bustle of the souks, do some serious bargaining (thanks Carole!) and return to the peace and serenity of the Kasbah.

Not to be missed. We made some good friends and will return.

Thanks to the vision of Amine and his staff - the Kasbah and the Atlas Mountains.

Room Tip: All rooms except the small one round the outside corner are wonderful. Typical Moroccan style and to be appreciated for its style and originality.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jilly H
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay and get a flavour of peaceful Morocco. It is as stunning as the photos suggest, with views of the snow-capped mountains an unexpected surprise. The accommodation is very much in the Moroccan style and each room is different. Our friends had the suite with the veil-surrounded four-poster which looked amazing, but all the rooms are really comfortable and clean. We didn't come to Morocco to watch TV, but there is a multi-channel set in the rooms if you really need it.

What made our stay really fabulous were the staff who were friendly, humorous and keen to help. They also offered great advice on our visit to Marrakech, without which, we'd probably have fallen for every trick in the book.

The food was great too, varied and interesting.

Igoudar is about 45 mins from Marrakech, a great fun ride in one of the standard-issue early 1980s Mercedes saloons. It's a great thing that they can arrange taxis in and out as approaching a random taxi and agreeing a price to get anywhere can be as interesting as trying to not pay too much for spices or leather goods in the markets!

We didn't use the fitness room or spa, but the pool gave us a bit of exercise and is refreshing to say the least!

Enjoy! I'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Littlecrabs
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was an amazing, relaxing, rustic, luxurious stay. The staff were incredibly attentive and trustworthy and bend over backwards to ensure that your stay is as you would like it to be. The location was excellent - away from the hustle and bustle of the main town but not too far away that you couldn't just order a taxi and go out for the day or evening. Scenic view of the Atlas mountains. The food was amazingly fresh and flavoursome and you could ask for anything you wanted - within reason! The onsite Hammam was absolutely amazing and better than the ones you get in town. I felt like royalty! Great for a short break - I am definitely going back! Don't forget your sunblock - the sun is deceptively hot!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jay K
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I bought a 5 night stay at Kasbah Igoudar through Living Social last year for my partner partly because I have always wanted to go to Marrakech and partly because I have always wanted to go up into the Atlas Mountains and Kasbah Igoudar seemed to offer the best of both worlds. However, the address is slightly misleading (Road of Amizmiz, Marrakech km 7 Igoudar – Marrakech). I thought this meant it was 7 km outside of Marrakech whereas it was in fact circa 49 km - a good 45 mins drive and fairly isolated. Living as I do in London this personally didn't worry me but I can see how some people could feel a bit trapped, particularly if the weather was bad. I had booked a deluxe room last September so was disappointed to be told that this wasn't possible after all as the hotel was full and the room we were given was a little on the small side and a tad basic and the space in the ensuite bathroom very tight. We did have a lovely sight of the the owners peacock and peahen roosting outside our window. It was very quiet at night apart from on one occasion when we were kept awake by dogs barking. However, the room was perfectly adequate. I also hadn't appreciated how cold it could be at night and had to sleep with my clothes on for the first night to keep warm! Thankfully it warmed up after that. My partner is vegetarian and as all the meals seem to come in pots for two and I didn't particularly want to eat lamb or beef I thought it would be simpler for me to say I was also vegetarian. However, after two evening meals and one lunch of just a massive pile of potatoes, carrots, courgettes and aubergine I couldn't face it any more and asked if I could have some chicken! My meals thereafter were really delicious (and they even cooked a vegetarian tartiflette for my partner) but the portions were so generous and the food very filling so we tended to have breakfast followed by a late lunch which was ample. Sitting on the terrace having breakfast and lunch surrounded by the snow capped mountains was very special. The evening meals were served in the 'restaurant' which again was a tad basic and lacked atmosphere but one of the waiters entertained us each evening by playing the guitar and singing classic songs which was quite fun. As there is no bar apart from outside and it was far too cold to sit out in the evenings, most guests were in bed by around 9 pm. There were lots of activities to choose from but all for an additional cost so one had to be selective or the costs could easily mount up. We decided to visit the mountain village of Imlil. It was a fantastic day trip which included a two hour guided walk and lunch in a local restaurant on the way back. Highly recommended. Our voucher also included quad biking. A first for both of us and great fun. We also went into Marrakech for the day and the hotel organised a local taxi to take us in and bring us back. There was a bit of a mix up coming back as we hadn't been told that it would be a different driver but I just rang the hotel and it was all sorted out. A word of warning, however, for those of a nervous disposition. The local taxis do not have safety belts which work and they can be a bit battered. Also, all the traffic drives down the middle of the road to avoid the numerous pot holes so when you meet oncoming vehicles a game of chicken tends to ensue! The Kasbah does have its own pristine 4 x 4 vehicle and driver which picked us up from the airport and drove us on the day trip to Imlil which did have working safety belts and the driver was an absolutely wonderful elderly gentleman who drove more carefully than the younger taxi drivers. There are also mountain bikes available for guests to borrow but punctures were a regular problem. The spa is still not quite finished but is operational and both my partner and I each had a one hour massage which was amazing. I was asked whether I would like a shower afterwards but although there was running water there were just bare wires where the lights had yet to be fixed so rather than shower in the pitch dark I thought it preferable to go back to my room instead. The shower in the room in general was a bit hit and miss. The temperature of the water varied from day to day from stone cold to quite warm and the water pressure also fluctuated but was never particularly powerful. The hotel also had a swimming pool (unheated) but the water was so cold that only the bravest guests dived in and then very quickly got out! The water was also a bit cloudy for some reason and there were no markings to indicate which was the deep end and which was the shallow end which might be of some concern to guests with young children. The gardens were beautifully landscaped and maintained and I spent a lovely peaceful afternoon in one of the hammocks (another first for me!). The hotel only has 9 rooms so it feels very intimate. The staff are all absolutely charming and nothing is ever too much trouble. The hotel grows its own vegetables and herbs and rears its own chickens and the water is heated by solar power so it tries to be environmentally friendly as far as possible. The staff all live on site in specially built accommodation and are treated by the owner as part of his family which is lovely. The pace of life is very slow (nothing is ever done in a hurry) but that is just what we needed. After a day in Marrakech I was desperate to get back to the calm and peaceful haven of Kasbah Igoudar! For the price we paid for our stay it was incredibly good value for money and meant that the minor hiccups and teething problems weren't an issue for us. However, if we had paid the full price I wouldn't have been quite so happy. The hotel has only been opened for ten months and there is clearly some work to be done but it has real potential and the owner is keen to make sure that all his guests leave feeling happy. He is a very charming man and I hope very much that his dreams and ambitions are fulfilled and that the business becomes a great success. He certainly deserves it. Overall it was a very memorable and fun week and the holiday offered everything we were looking for - a mixture of relaxation, culture, good food and adventure! Morocco is an amazing and fascinating country and the people are lovely and clearly very loyal to the King but one has to keep reminding oneself (as it is sometimes easy to get swept up in the romanticism associated with it) that it is still Africa with its share of poverty and a fragile infrastructure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple