“Fish Dishes that are superb”
Review of Nautilus

Nautilus
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Kilifi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nautilus-restaurant-kilifi/128164030653813
Craigavon
“Fish Dishes that are superb”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our second visit to Nautilus and just like our first visit we found the food exciting and innovative. While we both had the hot prawn starters that are highly recommendable I stuck with the fish of the day while my friend sampled the steak - both cooked to perfection and served with an interesting and tasty selection of side orders. This place must surely feature on on the list of places to eat for those who visit Kilifi

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Irvine G

Romsey
“Sensational setting and fabulous food!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Wow what a raffle prize to win!. We travelled from Watamu with friends and weren't we glad we did. The restaurant is built out into the Creek with stunning views. The menu has an excellent choice of fish dishes and also caters for other tastes too. Between us we sampled fish platters, catch of the day, soup and pasta and a delicious mix of ice-creams. Pietro introduced us to his cartoon characters who adorn the tables amongst the stunning displays of gorgeous flowers.
The ambiance is delightful the service excellent and the food outstanding. A hidden gem which you should try if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Crampmoor
Mombasa, Kenya
“Delectable food and brilliant setting”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I think this is the best restaurant in kilifi by far. The food is fresh and cooked by the owner himself. Great personal touch. Not much choice for vegetarians but it is good nonetheless. We had some vongles for starters, apple flame crab, and grilled prawns. My 3yr old had some chicken skewers which she devoured. Our vegetarian friends and some freshly cooked tortellini which was yum. For dessert we had homemade icecream! Divine.

1 Thank neelmas
London
“A really romantic setting, with top quality food and service.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrived at Nautilus after a sunset cruise on a dhow and were in a beautifully relaxed mood, ready to enjoy Pietro's local fare. There are parallels with Louie's Back Yard in Key West, in terms of ambience, with no apparent risk of variable service and at about a third of the price. We had a really great experience, with plenty of personal service and anecdotes from Pietro. It's a long trip from London but for anyone who can get there, you really should go. They even take pictures of you and e-mail them to you afterwards, except that we had our camera with us, so Pietro took some for us.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CeriLondon
Mombasa, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My getaway, & Amazing food... Perfection!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I live in Mombasa & somehow/luckily found this restaurant, run by a very special couple and very genuine staff. The setting is just what I personally need to get away from a busy business, as it's set on the beach, an entrance to swim or get lost in your thoughts, as well as a place I take my guests (I run Backpackers Nirvana in Nyali) to experience very high standard service and beautiful food... Even if I'm not there, this place is one of my top recommendations to any visitors and expats. If you're in the coast of Kenya, then treat yourself to this experience and get to know the staff and owners...You both have a perfect gem :-)

• Visited November 2012