“Nice hotel -> No (in-room) recycling”
Review of Greenbelt Marriott

Greenbelt Marriott
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I actually thought this was a pleasant hotel. I was here for a conference and it had everything I needed to make do. My one major complaint was that there was no in-room recycling. I find this to be disgraceful. Marriott should be doing a much better, and more responsible, job at being environmentally friendly.

I found the hotel food to be overly salty every time I had it (three times), but sufficient. The sunday brunch made-to-order omelets and waffles were very good and I would do them again if I went back.

The front desk staff was very friendly, as were most of my table attendants for dinner. The 3-mile radius free shuttle was very convenient (and included Kinko's for procrastinating poster makers like me).

All in all, very good, but please do start recycling in the rooms...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Greenbelt Marriott

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had the opportunity to attend an FDA public meeting and other meetings in the area and this hotel was booked for me by the organizers. I am a diamond HHonors member, so I am used to the amenities those facilities provide. I will say that every employee I encountered was friendly and helpful and I certainly felt welcomed. I flew in from the West Coast that morning and was a little tired. The front desk clerk had a perky disposition and provided me with all of the information I needed about my room and my conference in the hotel that evening. My second stop was the in-lobby Starbucks (a definite plus!). It was about 3 in the afternoon and they didn't have any dark roast brewing. The barista voluntarily offered to brew me a fresh cup, which I certainly appreciated and did not expect as this was not a company-owned Starbucks. She was also very friendly and provided excellent service. My room was on the 9th floor with a nice view of the greenery surrounding this area in Maryland. The beds were comfortable, wifi worked great and TV had all the expected channels.

I attended a meeting and a dinner that evening and the meeting and dining rooms were clean and the staff working the event were professional and friendly. The food catered was also tasty and enjoyable. It was actually quite nice not to have any negative distractions from the facility during my meeting and conference, so I appreciate the Marriott staff's professionalism.

The next morning, the Marriott shuttle took me and my colleagues back and forth to the FDA building and the drivers were again very friendly and drove courteously. This is a great location for those who have business in the DC area but who don't necessarily want to stay in DC. The shuttle will take hotel guests to the red line Metro for convenient travel into the city.

Overall a pleasant place to stay with a very friendly and customer-oriented staff. The service from the staff is the main reason why I decided to rate this place as "Excellent."

Room Tip: Higher floors will yield better views of the greenery surrounding the area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The staff was wonderful during my stay! So attentive & when I had to move rooms due to a leak they were so apologetic. Convenient location and excellent concierge lounge! This is exactly why im a MarriottElite Gold member :) thanks, Marriott!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Recently I was chaperoning a school music trip to Maryland and the group, 80 students and 10 chaperones, stayed at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful. Whatever they could do to assist us was offered. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable. There was an area for the students to work out and a pool to swim in. That made our job extremely easy. Thanks again to all the staff..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel three times over the last several years for conferences. It's clean, comfortable, and has a friendly and helpful staff. It provides shuttle service to the local Metro station which makes getting into DC very easy. It also has a dedicated computer in the lobby area for checking in for flights and printing boarding passes. There are in-house restaurants with reasonably priced and tasty food.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wife and I stayed here because of its proximity to the Metro to get us to Washington for a race we were in. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful; we were greeted with a smile and nice conversation every time we were at the desk. Will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed one night for a University of Maryland visit. We picked the hotel because it is an easy drive from Baltimore (BWI) airport and relatively close to U of MD. The hotel was very easy to find. The room and bathroom was very clean. But, the rooms and bathroom do show some age - like scratches on the front edge of the desk and on the frame on the bathroom mirror.

The staff was very nice and check in was easy. Breakfast in the concierge lounge was typical Marriott fare. The fresh fruit was very good.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!