“Great place at the top of the beltway”
Review of Greenbelt Marriott

Greenbelt Marriott
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I live in PA. When traveling into Washington DC, I really like staying at this place. It is close to the top of the beltway - traffic is not a hassle. Their shuttle will take you to the Metro Red line(1 mile away) - take that instead of driving to nearly anywhere in DC. Great staff at the lounge. Large fitness center, pool and hottub. Last, the Concierge Lounge staff is top notch!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JessFuquay
There are newer reviews for Greenbelt Marriott

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stay at this hotel twice a year for business and it feels like coming back home. The rooms and services are great. The breakfast is absolutely delicious. I want to thank Biruk Tadese for helping my colleagues and I during the snow storm. He provided us a conference room in a short notice with all the amenities we needed. He never hesitated to ask me how I was doing and if I needed anything. Thanks for all, I greatly appreciate it! See you later this year.

CJA

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is consistently a fantastic hotel experience with an outstanding staff. The pool and hot tub are fun and the fitness area has been nicely renovated since our last visit. The breakfast buffet with omelet and waffle bar is always great. We have been staying here for years upon visiting family in the area and are always delighted to be welcomed by so many familiar faces. Staff members seem to never leave, which says a lot for the management at the Greenbelt Marriott. Thanks for another excellent visit.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room facing D.C.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel while working on a project over the last few weeks and have found it to be a very nice full service hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful (especially the manager). The restaurants are very good and the full service Starbucks in the lobby is a welcome addition. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

One of my favorite places to stay for business. Nice and courteous staff, open and well equipped gym and outstanding food and service in the concierge lounge.

I stay at many hotels and for the comfort and convenience, the welcoming staff and the gym I make sure I stay here every time I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank UDbill
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here in October 2013 for business. No complaints! Everything seemed to be clean. The staff that I encountered was very nice. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious and the restaurant staff were very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am very shocked at the high reviews. this hotel should not bare the name Marriott. Went here during this Christmas week and would say this hotel is the worst Marriott hotel I have ever stayed in in my entire life! The only reason why I chose to give 2 stars instead of 1 is because the bed was so comfortable and I slept well.

The first day I checked in everything was great smooth check in. The next day the front desk call me to tell me my business reservation that my account was u re have not been paid! I called my company travel department and they said nothing was wrong!! It has been paid successfully! For two days they made me believe I would have to find another hotel as a backup. Then on the 2nd day the manager told me she doesn't know what happened and everything is fine. What? What kind of hotel is this? I stayed for one night and this is what she calls my room to tell me to then later take it back!!after that!!

Rude staff, cold, standoffish and just plain mean...it appears they may be want to be FBI agents as there was a cop in the hotel when the hotel was totally empty during Christmas Eve. At 1am Christmas morning while in a wonrful sleep we get a knock on the door! My husband and I was startled so we did not answer the door, my husband looked inside the peep hole and saw it was security. He never answered because we were suspicious about the knock and who would be knocking on the door at 1am!!!!!!! So we called the front desk and said there was someone who looked like security at the desk and the front desk agent replied "oh well they went to everyone's room and knocked to see if you had your doors locked" ... I said locked?? Isn't it already lock on its own and what kind of hotel does that???? Middle of the night knocks on the door....is this place unsafe??? My husband and I should have packed our bags and ran out of there that night!!! We were so tired the next day because of the lack of sleep. She never apologized for the late night wake up call or anything, just cold and rude people.

The room smelled like mildew, refridge but no microwave. Otherwise the room was good.

The day of Christmas was even worse. We decided to go to the breakfast buffet happy as can be we head downstairs to get Christmas breakfast. As we entered the cafe the staff was lethargic and dry no good morning greeting or merry Christmas greeting. The service was lousy. There was a nice lady who was from Philippines (cant remember her name)was a sweetheart but the rest of the staff was rude and even they started screaming at the kids playing!!!telling them to go to their parents and angry at the kids!! It's CHRISTMAS LET THE CHILDREN ENJOY CHRISTMAS!!

On the next day, One of the keys did not work so I called the front desk from the room and asked to a replacement key and the front desk worker ask that I confirm my address on the hotel room. I have her my address and she said she will bring up the key. Within 30 seconds I got a call and it was the same female she stated that the address that I gave her didn't match!!! I said what now?? It's the address that I have on my reservation, and I am the person in the room calling from the phone. I began to bring my drivers license but at that point I was so done with this hotel. This reject low level FBI stuff was getting under my skin.

Needless to say we will never ever stay there again and do not recommend anyone to stay there horrible stay and did not feel welcomed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Misssunshine1203
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!