“Best Concierge Ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Greenbelt Marriott
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
“Best Concierge Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel had a great concierge. I had to stay for a month for work and they had breakfast and light dinner M-F. The ladies that host were the best! Overall, the staff in general were great. (I only had one problem with a package that was "lost" for three weeks. Good thing Fed-Ex records signatures! It was tampered with so the hotel gave me a full refund for the package and assured me that this NEVER happens. I wouldn't advise having anything delivered there.)

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rockville Centre, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Overall hotel experience was positive.

One disappointment was the frequency of the hotel shuttle to and from the Greenbelt Metro station. The shuttle runs EVERY HOUR which is not the most convenient schedule for those business travellers doing business in DC. On my 1st day there I missed the shuttle by about 10 minutes and had to wait 50 minutes outside the Merto station in the hot sun in my business suit for the next shuttle. A call to the hotel to request a special pickup did not help and I was told that I would have to wait for the next shuttle in 50 minutes. Certainly not what I expected of a Marriott property and certainly not what I expected as a Gold Elite Member.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway for light sleepers.
    • 1 of 5 stars
Globe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Location: the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Of course you must have a car, but even so the nearest restaurant, cafe, bar, supermarket or bank are miles away. It's just off the highway but there's surprisingly very little noise. The Greenbelt Metro Station is very close (10-15 minute walking distance, if you're willing to walk where no one does).

Room: standard Marriott. Nothing particularly good, nothing particularly bad. I found the shower mediocre (those faucets that control both the pressure and the temperature at once -- I never got it). Towels were thin. Other than that, the room was clean and housekeeping was efficient.

Service: people were nice.

I stayed four nights on a Priceline ridiculous rate. For the money I paid, this was excellent. I wouldn't want to pay the going rates though.

Half Moon Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is one of those times that trying to recall the physical surroundings of the place was overwhelmed by one staff unimpressive moment after another. Check-in: "You are not in our system." I was and am a Gold Level. And what is with the TV screen running news behind the front desk people? Depressing, not welcoming at all. Room Service Call: "They are busy right now...." The tone was "don't bother us please, it is the morning, what are you thinking calling at our busiest time?!" Check out is noon. I went to my room at 11:45 to get my stuff which was all moved to a pile so that housekeeping could make up the beds and clean for the next guest!! Ugh! It's a Marriott and their usual fare where the update is nice but the staff in this case did not seem to get it.

1 Thank LinGal2001
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We come to Maryland often because our son is at UMD. We have stayed at several hotels in the area. This was the first time we stayed here. We were happy with our stay and definitely will stay here again. The staff was very friendly and we got a welcome package for college students. My only complaint was we had a room near the ice machine and that was quite noisy. I'm sure if we requested not to have a room near the ice machine they would have obliged. The pool and workout room was a great plus. We enjoyed both.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

As a Platinum member with Marriott I like this hotel. It is in a local office setting so not much around the hotel, but the staff and pool area make up for it. Not many nice hotels in the DC area that have both an indoor and outdoor pool. This one does. All DC pools require lifeguards and the one at this hotel was a neat guy.

The lounge area for members was always stocked and the food was great. Always good selection of tasty and fresh fruits and veggies. Had a $20 a day food and beverage credit and didn't even use it as the lounge was all I needed.

Usually stay at the JW Marriott on Penn Avenue downtown, but this is the second time to stay at Greenbelt and both times it has been a joy.

Room Tip: In an office area so plan to use a car to get around. The closest Metro station is a couple miles aw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed here before with no complaints. That was part of the reason I chose to stay here again. Just a few issues...it started when we walked in. Beer caps were in the floor, which I just ignored. I brought a soda with me so i went to get a glass, but it was dirty. No other issues until the next morning... I woke up to find I had already used my one washcloth the night before to wash my face. So I went to call the front desk, but....the phone didn't work. So I called with my cell phone. The front desk clerk asked why I didn't use my room phone and I mentioned my phone was broken. So, they immediately brought up wash cloths. Well, I was getting undressed to take a shower, the maintenance guy knocked and wanted to fix the phone. After explaining this was an inconvenient time as I was trying to get ready for work, he said he would try to come back later. A plus, their response time was fantastic. The shower has no middle heat setting, it is either cold or extremely hot. I am one to take ridiculously hot showers but this was even too much. I will say, the lobby is amazing. It is so beautiful. But, the room is a disappointment. I wanted to express my concerns at the front desk before I left but they seemed too busy. All in all this is a nice place. The first time I stayed there, it was awesome. I was very disappointed this time and I can't say I would come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard Greenbelt
#5 of 5 in Greenbelt
3.5 of 5 stars 154 reviews
Holiday Inn Washington College Park

Been to Greenbelt Marriott? Share your experiences!