WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I got a great deal staying in this hotel. I booked this hotel through hotwire but wouldn't mind paying the full price and when my family comes in the fall, this is definitely where I would recommend them staying. I've lived in the DC/MD area for about four years now. The only reason I booked a hotel for the weekend is because I work in a hospital in DC that requires me to show up within an hour of calling me to come in (On-call). So, since I live so far away and can't make it to the hospital in an hour, I have to book a hotel whenever I'm on-call. This hotel is on the outskirts of DC but very close to the city and once more, you're also close to the beltway (495). I work with many people who live in this area and work in DC. The parking is free (which is very much appreciated especially when you're living in this area) and from what the website says, it's close to the metro station. I haven't been to the Greenbelt metro yet so if you're planning to take the metro going into DC I would check first if parking is available. Although shuttle service is also available through the hotel (I think). Anyway, once you're in a metro, you can go pretty much anywhere in DC/MD/VA area, see sites like the National Mall and even go to VA and airports like BWI and Dulles. These may take longer of course since it's pubic transportation.

Back to the hotel...The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. The staff is friendly. Free coffee/hot chocolate/tea in the lobby. Easy check in. Internet works fast and very easy to connect. Cable TV in the rooms. My room had a king bed, desk, comfy chair with ottoman, fridge, microwave, and coffee machine (which I told is included in ALL the rooms) and a good-sized bathroom. Quiet and there's a restaurant downstairs in their lobby. There's also a pool downstairs and I was told that an Ihop is close by. Would definitely stay here again. It's a great room at a great price. Safe area too. and once more, the hotel is tucked away so although it's close to the main street and the I495, you need not worry about walking late at night from your car to your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Valby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Holiday inn always seems to deliver. I have been lucky to get many times using hotwire and always its a positive experience.

Rooms are spacious and clean, staff nice and the buildings in good standard.

Its a safe pick, and this place also.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you continue to enjoy staying with us.
Thank you for being a loyal guest.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 4 times. This is the only hotel I stay in Prince George's County because of the questionable areas in the county. There may be better hotels, but my first stay was very good, so I continue to return. The beds and rooms are comfortable. My only problem with the room is the lighting. They need more lighting for those who are there on business.

I don't know if it is a language issue or not, but it's a hit or miss regarding the quality of service at the front desk.

I've eaten dinner at the restaurant during each of my stays. The food is good and reasonably. priced.

If you drive to hotel, be ready to be confused with the traffic circle. Although they have Holiday Inn signs, for some reason, navigating the last 1-1/2 is always difficult.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingLawyer2011
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad that you enjoy staying with us and keep coming back. If you are having issues with the lighting let us know, and we can get you an extra lamp. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our room was well kept and very clean. We had no issues with any noise or anything wrong. The check-in was very smooth. We booked through Hotwire and got a screaming deal. I would have gladly paid a little more to have a place this nice. Great location near but not in Washington DC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for posting your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come see us again if you are ever back in the Greenbelt Maryland area.
Tiffin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire, which gave us an excellent price. We wanted to stay somewhere near Washington, D.C., but not right in the city. This was right near the loop that goes around Washington! It took us only 15-20 minutes to get to the Basilica on Sunday morning for Mass! We checked in around 11 pm and had no problems, and checked back out around 6:45 am (only needed to sleep there). The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave in the room for my husband to make coffee in the morning. I would stay at this hotel again if we go back to DC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsey S
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Chelsea S.
Thank you for posting such positive comments, we are so glad that our location near 95/495 was ideal for your trip. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can welcome you back very soon.
Chittenango, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My stay was very pleasant, staff was very helpful and went out of their way to help you, the only reason for not an excellent rating rooms and bathrooms are very dated, other than that no issues with my stay, will stay here again.

Room Tip: Above the pool area can be noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Ramossr65:
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are so glad that our staff was so helpful because that is what we are here for. We're sorry that you found the room and the bathrooms to be dated.
Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Husband and I along with our friends that stay there as well had a really pleasant experience. We had adjoining room which was very convenient. The rooms were clean and cozy. Room service was nice and speedy. The restaurant was also very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear RJharding:
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can welcome you and your friends back very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard Greenbelt
Courtyard Greenbelt
#5 of 5 in Greenbelt
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!