I got a great deal staying in this hotel. I booked this hotel through hotwire but wouldn't mind paying the full price and when my family comes in the fall, this is definitely where I would recommend them staying. I've lived in the DC/MD area for about four years now. The only reason I booked a hotel for the weekend is because I work in a hospital in DC that requires me to show up within an hour of calling me to come in (On-call). So, since I live so far away and can't make it to the hospital in an hour, I have to book a hotel whenever I'm on-call. This hotel is on the outskirts of DC but very close to the city and once more, you're also close to the beltway (495). I work with many people who live in this area and work in DC. The parking is free (which is very much appreciated especially when you're living in this area) and from what the website says, it's close to the metro station. I haven't been to the Greenbelt metro yet so if you're planning to take the metro going into DC I would check first if parking is available. Although shuttle service is also available through the hotel (I think). Anyway, once you're in a metro, you can go pretty much anywhere in DC/MD/VA area, see sites like the National Mall and even go to VA and airports like BWI and Dulles. These may take longer of course since it's pubic transportation.
Back to the hotel...The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. The staff is friendly. Free coffee/hot chocolate/tea in the lobby. Easy check in. Internet works fast and very easy to connect. Cable TV in the rooms. My room had a king bed, desk, comfy chair with ottoman, fridge, microwave, and coffee machine (which I told is included in ALL the rooms) and a good-sized bathroom. Quiet and there's a restaurant downstairs in their lobby. There's also a pool downstairs and I was told that an Ihop is close by. Would definitely stay here again. It's a great room at a great price. Safe area too. and once more, the hotel is tucked away so although it's close to the main street and the I495, you need not worry about walking late at night from your car to your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn