Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My daughter and I had reservations in this hotel and we were immediatedly disappointed. The hotel was dirty! When I checked in, I went to the room and immediately asked for the bathroom to be recleaned. There was more hair on the floor and tub than on my head! GROSS!! The housekeeper was pleasant, but he was not very good at his job. There was also a problem with the tub not draining, the sink draining slowly, and the appearance of general disrepair. The kicker was the bug I found in my bed the next morning. I couldn't wait to check out!

I was slightly amused when I told the guy at the reservation desk that I was checking out early because of the bug. I showed him the picture on my phone and he asked me what kind of bug it was!

Please spend the extra money and stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give you is to get a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TraveltilYouDrop_12
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear TraveltilYouDrop_12
Thank you taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry that the cleanliness of the hotel caused you to check out early. We are clearly letting people down with these conditions and therefore we are making it our mission to change this. Once again we are very sorry that you had such a poor experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I didn't realize that the Holiday Inn is so bad. As previous reviewer's comments, there are a lot of stains around the walls. Bathtub is the cheap plastic one. Room temperature is very low and we shut off the AC. Midnight the temperature was higher and we turned on the AC. The big noise from the AC was surprised me. I used my Android pad to show you the noise level. I didn't have good sleep since then. It is very bad.

It provided free Internet access and it was a plus.

The second morning, I checked out and told the front desk staff. He offered me a free breakfast but we didn't have time at all. This was plus too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank johnsmith2008
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear JohnSmith2008:
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel. We are so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping about the bathroom and maintenance about the loudness of the air conditioner.
Thank you for bringing all of this to our attention and we are sorry that you were so disappointed.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here only one night on business. The room was a good value, but I got what I paid for.... Average hotel, very slow front desk check in and check out, average room with carpet that appeared stained. The restaurant offers a breakfast buffet for $10.99... Seriously, holiday inn??? It was exactly the same buffet available at most hotels for FREE- there was nothing about that breakfast that was worth $10.99! Overall, I'm not so sure I'd stay here again... Maybe if I were just passing through again and needed a few hours sleep for a cheap rate.... But I would skip that breakfast for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for posting your comments. We are sorry that our breakfast was not to your satisfaction, it is something that we are working on. We apologize that your room was less than adequate. This will be addressed with our Housekeeping Staff so that we can prevent this from happening to anybody else.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The desk staff were very curtious and accommodating. However I do believe they need a younger staff to drive their shuttles. Our stay was 4 nights and 5 days. Because of the distance to anywhere from this hotel a shuttle to the metro was necessary. We were a large group and were all very shaken after each shuttle ride. We even were involved in an accident (no injuries) and were delayed for 45 min before another shuttle could pick us up at the scene. We got a "sorry for the incident and inconvenience" We all thought there should have been at least a free drink/meal or something, but that didn't happen. Our door lock was broke n they did replace it first thing next day which was appreciated. Needs a good cleaning through out. If your going to drink in the bar and have a waiter. (Male). Make sure you ask how much your drinks are. I gave waiter $10.00 to pay for 1 beer n glass of tea. Never saw him again until the next night when I purposely asked how much beer was. He said he didn't know. Asked for a receipt n beer was $3.75. Later bought a round of drinks (3 beers). Gave him $15.00 n got $1.25 change. You figure it out!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very sorry for the troubles that you experienced especially the minor accident in the rain. We are happy that nobody was hurt. Thank you for staying with us and we are very sorry for all of the troubles that you had during your stay.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

With all the recent positive reviews, I had to double check that I located the correct hotel here on TripAdvisor. Indeed I have and I can only say that my room was filthy, with a layer of grime on anything touched by human hands, from the telephone (especially) to the A/C unit to the light switches. Yes, the essentials were clean -- the toilet, the linens, and the sink. But everything else looked as if it hadn't been touched for months.

As for the rest of the property, it was tired looking and ready for a refresh -- peeling paint in the corridors, dirty walls, dinged-up old metal doors.

If Holiday Inn is, indeed, trying to improve its image, then may want to start here.

Room Tip: Take a close look at your room and if it's as filthy as mine was, ask for another.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry that your room was clearly unacceptable, we have addressed all of this with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for staying with us and again we truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I am an occasional business traveler on a budget, and spent several days here, using a reservation through an online hotel discount website that was quite reasonable. Check-in was great, Daniel helped me get the type of room I wanted, and answered my questions about getting around the area thoroughly. The hotel looks like an older property that has had some updating over the years. My room was pretty clean, linens were in good shape, and I slept fine. Wireless internet (free) was fair from my 3rd floor room, which also had a fridge and small microwave. This came in handy, as breakfast wasn't included in my room rate. There's a restaurant on-site that I didn't try, and several $5-15 dining options within a 5-minute drive from the hotel. Housekeeping staff was polite, and otherwise average. I used the small, but well-equipped workout room almost every day, and was glad to have that available. There's also a pool that I didn't have time to use.

If I were going to point to anything in need of improvement, I would say the common areas need more thorough and frequent cleaning - hallway carpets, lobby, workout room (fingerprints on the glass, dehumidifier full of water, occasional used paper cups or towels lying around). If this were a little better done, it would be an easy 5-star review. Even with these issues, I'd probably stay again for the price paid.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank terminaldegree07
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We are so glad that Daniel at the front desk was so helpful and all of your accommodation needs were met. We have addressed your concerns about the common areas with Housekeeping and just to let you know we have upgraded our complimentary WiFi so that our guests can work as if they were at home. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

There is a guy named Chris at the front desk that is very dedicated to helping customers. He greeted everyone that walks in and out of the hotel, he helped everyone pointing them to any and every direction to and from the hotel. He is more than a front desk guy, he will make sure you are helped in any and every ways he knows how. I believe Good Customer Service is very important in every establishment and this man brings it to every customer that walks into the doors of this hotel.

The joy of knowing someone like that is there in this facility makes my stay extra smooth. This man should be promoted.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Etukudo

Thank you for posting your comments about Chris at the Front Desk. We agree that he is extremely helpful and you are absolutely right that everyone gets taken care of when Chris is working. Thank you for staying with us, we are glad that it was such a great stay for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Greenbelt Marriott
Greenbelt Marriott
#4 of 5 in Greenbelt
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!