My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently because it is convenient to work. We are greeted by name by everyone from the front desk to the woman who cleans our room. We usually get the same room because my husband requests it.
The hotel provides free Wi-Fi, which I certainly find convenient so that I can use my laptop computer at the desk in the room. There is also a business center with three computers if one needs to print documents, send or receive a fax, etc.
The fitness center is adequate. The pool is nice in the summer and has a lifeguard when it is open. The food at the attached Willy-the-K’s restaurant/sports bar is good. One can eat breakfast at the buffet or order from the menu. (The buffet includes fresh fruit, juice, milk, cereals, pastries, eggs, meats, french toast, oatmeal, and some other hot items, but is not extensive. It is fine for me because I do not wish to overeat at breakfast. Lunch and dinner offer soups, appetizers, sandwiches and entrees. Yes, it is not a five-star gourmet restaurant, but the food is fine. I especially like the chicken quesadilla and the Maryland crab soup. The breakfast staff also greet us by name. When I recently had laryngitis, the server brought me tea with lemon and honey for my throat.
The staff keeps the rooms clean, and responds quickly to any requests or complaints. For example, when I reported that the hair dryer clip had broken, engineering arrived within a few minutes to replace the unit.
My only complaint is that when the hotel remodeled the bathrooms with granite countertops, they removed towel bars from the bathroom. While I can hang a bath towel on the hook behind the door, I must leave hand towels and wash clothes on the vanity – not hung up after use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn