We booked this hotel for a one-night stay before an admitted students event at the Univ. of Maryland. I booked mostly based on price and proximity. Front desk staff members were friendly and welcoming. The room was fine and the beds seemed to be newer, although the walls were pretty thin. Bathroom was tiny, but had been updated. The heater/AC unit was older and so noisy and hard to control (too hot!) that we turned it off--might be a bigger issue in summer, but we were fine with it off in colder weather. Be warned that the breakfast buffet is NOT included in the rate, even though the offerings look like the usual free breakfast spread found in Holiday Inn Express and other similar hotel chains. This was not marked clearly anywhere and there was no one around the dining room to ask when we arrived, so we ended up paying $21 for 2 people for a very mediocre breakfast, and we hardly ate anything. Another guest also didn't realize it wasn't included, grabbed a box of cereal, milk, and coffee, and went back to his room--the hotel really needs to make the price clear somewhere or have someone stationed at the front of the dining room at peak times. We wouldn't have eaten there if we'd known the price ahead of time. Go to the Silver Diner instead! Wifi was free but very slow and I ended up not using it much based on the slow speed. If my son enrolls at UMD we might return based solely on price, but I will look for deals elsewhere, too. It might be cheaper to find a hotel that has slightly higher rates but includes breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn