Upon checking the desk clerk on duty immediately thanked me for being a gold card member of the priority club. The snack bag given to me had two bottles of water rather than one and a snack.
The room was large, clean and comfortable. I was not tripping over the furniture which is sometimes the case in hotels in large cities, they want more rooms and less space but this was very comfortable. The room had free wifi and a large flat screen TV.
The bathroom was small to the point the door had to be shut to get into the shower but not a big issue with me. Supplies were plentiful. Coffee maker was in the room but was a bit difficult to manage since it was on top of the microwave which was on top of the cabinet holding the refrigerator, again not a big issue.
I ate in Willy's, the bar/restaurant. Food was very good and reasonably priced, and drinks were well made. They didn't skimp on alcohol. I ate breakfast in the same restaurant and it was a typical Holiday Inn breakfast, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, potatoes and bread and cereals. The bagel seemed to be stale and cold. Not worth the $12.00 even if it is a buffet.
This hotel is a short drive to DC but takes longer on a weekday morning. I would definitely stay here again if my travels took me to DC overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn