I stayed just one night for a business trip, flying into BWI for meetings in downtown DC. I was looking for a good value in between these two points, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. The reasonable room rate and free parking made it well worth being a bit outside DC.
I arrived late (close to midnight) and the front desk checked me in quickly and professionally. Upon discovering my reserved king bed room was not available, I received a two doubles room, an apology, and a coupon for a free breakfast.
The hotel property is a bit dated, but has been refurbished fairly recently. My room, although not large, was very clean and attractively furnished. The beds were very comfortable with nice sheets and a selection of firm and soft pillows. The large TV worked well and the bathroom was clean, with a nice sink and a good hot shower.
The hot breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations, and I was quickly on my way to work. The commute on a Thursday morning took about an hour into downtown DC.
Bottom line: I will stay here again for a similar trip. A similar hotel in DC would be at least twice as expensive. It is a solid value for a good night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn