Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
$90
Econo Lodge(College Park)
$85
EconoLodge
All reviewsfront deskmetro stationwashington dcbreakfast buffetbusiness centerhotel is locatedwould stay here againhotel shuttlenice roomconvenient locationvery nice hotelbed was comfortableshuttle servicefitness centersafewayottomancrosswinds
Reviewed April 10, 2011

When my boyfriend had surgery at Walter Reed, we needed a SAFE and CLEAN place to stay for a few nights. This hotel is only minutes from Walter Reed (using the easy access to I-495). Far enough away from the interstate... I didn't hear any road noise. We had to book on short notice, so there were no king beds available. However, when we checked in, the clerk offered to switch us to a king bed after the first night. Both rooms were very clean and in good repair. Fridge and microwave in the room. The area was safe... no gun shots or ski-mask clad men to be seen (as in reviews of hotels closer to W-Reed.) We got a great rate with our AAA membership. Plenty of free parking. Plenty of places to eat in the area. The hotel clerk even gave us a list (with directions) to area restaurants. The restaurant in the hotel was good too. The breakfast buffet was very tasty (not complementary). If you need groceries, there's a Safeway (and Starbuck's) just around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and choosing our hotel for your stay. Well wishes for a full recovery.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

My family and I stayed here during our spring break visit to DC. Initially I wanted to stay in DC but my husband was adamantly opposed because of the prices. We settled on this hotel because we were driving and it is only 7 miles away from DC. Overall the hotel was ok. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and our maid service was very accommodating. There were a few things though. Although I loved the convenience of the fridge and the microwave in the room, the fridge was very loud and probably needs to be replaced. The only other problem was the daily garbage truck collection was very loud and it sounded like thunder and lightning outside our window. Those were really the only two downers. Other than I enjoyed our stay. It suited our needs and was clean. In glad we drove to DC as opposed to flying. More convenient.

• Stayed: April 2011
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the area. We apologize for the inconveniences, as we strive to provide excellent service and accommodatioins.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I had a business trip to DC and needed a hotel that would fit my per diem and let me ride the metro. I stayed a week. The complementary shuttle provided by the hotel got me to and from the Greenline Metro each day. I only needed to take a cab the night I met up with former classmates. The complementary breakfast was varied enough that a person could get a couple of kinds of meat or avoid meat altogether and still have a decent breakfast. Breakfast was heartier than what I am used to in a hotel and much appreciated since the Convention Center food in DC was terribly overpriced. Not near great shopping centers or restaurants but within walking distance of a couple of fast-food restaurants and a grocery store that can be reached without crossing a major highway. Microwave in the room. Refrigerator large enough to hold 2 liter soda bottles. For someone on a per diem like I was and without a car it was a great location. The free wifi was consistently strong on the fifth floor, something that is a problem in other places where the wifi only works near the lobby. There was a large desk and a lap tray. I got a lot of work done. The showers were consistently hot. The room service was pretty good and the desert was great. Not a great hotel but a really good deal and a nice place to stay. The main thing I can say about the place is that I always got the feeling the staff wanted my business and wanted me to come back and were always looking for ways to improve.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the area. We are very happy our hotel fit your needs. With our convenient location near two area metrostations and just off Interstate 95 and the Baltimore Washington Parkway, it makes for an easy commute to Washington, D. C. , Baltimore and surrounding areas. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed here for more than a week while doing research at National Archives-College Park.

Pros: Fresh and tasteful remodeling with new furniture and large screen TV in rooms. Front desk staff is professional and accommodating. Free wi-fi. Free parking. Easy access to/from Baltimore-Washington Airport via Baltimore-Washington Parkway (MD 295).

Cons: Bathroom was halfway renovated -- granite countertop around sink, but outdated, plastic bathtub/shower. Smokers cluster around front door -- non-smokers have to endure the smoke every time you enter or leave the hotel. Surely they can be moved elsewhere. Hotel is located in an aging complex of several office buildings. Restaurant options nearby are limited, for the most part, to chain restaurants and fast-food places. Neighborhood does not offer good shopping options; nearby Beltway Plaza mall has seen better days.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations and welcome all guest comments. We are sincerely sorry that our location wasn't as suitable as you may have preferred. Prince George's County's smoking ban does pose a challenge for businesses of all kinds to accommodate smokers and non-smokers. Again, our sincere apology that our outside designated smoking area was not suitable to you.

Reviewed December 18, 2010

I recently visited DC to spend some time with my wife, and I must say I was very surprised by this hotel. I usually stay at a more expensive hotel in the area, but decided to stay at this hotel because some friends were meeting us in their restaurant. I was shocked from the moment I walked in the door. I couldn't believe how great the rooms were! They had HUGE Tv's, with soooo many channels. I mean, they had NBA TV. What hotel has that? The rooms look like something you would expect in downtown, not in the suburbs. I am going back for Christmas, and definitely staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very delighted you enjoyed your stay with our spacious, refreshed guest rooms plus 37" televisions. We look forward to welcoming you back.