“Stay at this Courtyard and you will feel like family!”

Courtyard Greenbelt
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I've stayed at many Marriott hotels at various places as a rule and generally am pleased with the hotel brand. None are absolutely perfect but each one has their own special "thing" that makes it come close to perfection. This one (and I've stayed at one that looks similar in DC near the Navy Yard) was very clean. At the time I stayed (July 31 - Aug 3, 2014) they were freshly painting the exterior, but I didn't smell any fumes. The place looked great! Plus, the interior of my room was very clean, even in the corners, and the maid was so sweet and nice to me!

What this particular location has is that the staff has some of the best customer service skills in the world! I was not only greeted by a smile and kind greeting, but the ladies made me feel like family and gave me some helpful advice about where to eat in the area, but they were not bossy about it. I felt welcomed and as if I were talking to friends.

I did have a bad experience, but it had nothing to do with the hotel. The floor I was on had some very rowdy people staying a few rooms down. They were very disruptive! I called to the front desk and got Miriam who was immensely helpful. She apologized and said there were other complaints and she called the police. She told me to stay inside my room to be safe, which I appreciated. When the police left the floor, the rowdy people started up again and when I had to call the front desk a second time, Miriam again took care of it. I could tell she was experienced in how to handle these situations and she did indeed take care of it. I'm not sure if the people were asked to leave or if she moved them somewhere else, but that was the end of that!

I checked out in the morning and thanked her, but she again was very nice to me and apologized and sympathized with me. She is a pro and I felt very well taken care of! So I intend to stay here again the next time I'm in Greenbelt. The location was great with a state park right across the street, and lots of places to eat and do light shopping a few blocks down the other road. Plus they care about the environment and employ water saving practices by letting you choose how often you want them to wash the linens.

Odds are that if you stay here, you won't have any problems, but even if you do, the staff will handle it for you to make sure they do what they can to make you have a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard for a quiet and peaceful view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kriss_15401
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent stay in Greenbelt, MD. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while at the hotel. Your feedback is crucial to the success of your hotel. I do apologize for the guests who were disruptive and inconsiderate of others. I'm glad that we handled the complaint professional and within a timely manner. Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I just completed a two night stay at this Courtyard. It is a typical Marriott Courtyard. The rooms are nothing special, but very clean. The hotel was very quiet. It is a quick and easy drive to UMD from this hotel. The AAA price for a room was excellent.

The front desk staff, especially Kari, make your stay! They are prompt, efficient and very helpful! They get an A++++ for customer service.

My only real con to this hotel is the parking lot. Most of the parking spots are on the side and back of the hotel. I do not like walking in late at night from parking spots that are not in the front.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather M
ManagerGB, Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greenbelt Courtyard. We appreciate your business and you taking time to provide us with your feedback. I will certainly pass on your kind words to my associate. I'm very sure it will make her day. Please stay with us again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard while our daughter attended a sporting event. Conveniently located by the highway and close to U of Maryland. There are plenty of casual eat-in or take out/fast food options within a five minute drive. The price was great using a pre-paid website. The rooms were quiet and clean; standard Courtyard facilities and a amenitiies. What set this Courtyard apart from others that I've stayed at were the staff. From check-in with Miriam (I think that's what her name was) to housekeeping. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kreino
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback about your most recent stay here at our hotel. I will share your feedback with our entire staff. Please come and stay with us again if you are ever in the area again.

Greenbelt Courtyard

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fine, nothing memorable but clean. Front desk service was prompt. Convenient to some restaurants. Beds a little soft and bathroom was small but good shower and plenty of hot water and water pressure. Quiet area in an office park so no road noise. Good for a night or two and price was fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DocRMP
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It would be a great help if you could contact the hotel with your feedback on what we could have done to be more memorable. We use our TripAdvisor comments to improve the service that we provide.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I travel to this hotel ~every 6 six weeks for work. The hotel has a very efficient shuttle that can take you from the Metro to the hotel and to your destination that is free.

The staff here is really the best part. They know me by name. They are extremely kind, friendly and upbeat. I feel that this place is a home-away-from-home.

The rooms are kept very neat and clean, with recent decor updates. They look like what you see on HGTV. They are a medium size. The king-room has enough space for a mini-living room with a couch, coffee table and desk. The bathrooms are always kept very clean.

The food service is quite good. You can get a reasonably priced breakfast or dinner, although some of the rates have these included. The dining staff is very efficient and reasonable.

I enjoy staying here.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms facing the courtyard instead of the parking areas.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank allegrande

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will be certain to share your comments with my team. In order for us to improve our level of service your feedback whether positive or negative only helps us. Please come and stay with us again. We are happy to have you as our guest.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Courtyard in May 2014 for a business meeting, and I am sad to report this hotel is just an "OK" choice; it will keep you warm, dry and safe, but you won't miss it when you leave.

The hotel is nestled into an office park just off I-295, and it gets high marks for a convenient location: it is literally just seconds to/from the highway. When you are arriving, you should note the hotel is a bit difficult to see because it is set below the road in a small valley, and only the Courtyard sign is visible. There also is a Residence Inn and a Hampton Inn in the same office park, plus a horrible TGIF Friday's (you can see my review of that culinary fiasco also on TripAdvisor). When I parked, I noticed quite a bit of litter in and around the hotel. When we left the next morning, it was still there — not a sign of sharp management.

The lobby has been remodeled in the new Courtyard "bistro" style. Check-in is fast and courteous, and our special requests were accommodated nicely.

The room was merely average: average size, average furniture, average amenities. My wife said the bed was very comfortable and she enjoyed the numerous pillows. One minor point that was truly annoying: the television is bolted to the bureau, right at the front edge of the bureau. This means the important shelf-space for wallets, purses, watches, cell phones and all our other gear is unusable, because the stupid TV is in the way. Who thought that was a good idea? Flat-screen TVs should be mounted on the wall. One last complaint: the very stylish couch in the room is absolutely un-sittable. I nearly threw my back out, trying to watch the Weather Channel.

The bathroom was small and uninspired, with a feeling of vintage plumbing. There also was no fan or ventilation in the bathroom, which throws a lot of warm, humid air into the room in the morning.

Outside, in the central core of the hotel, was a lovely, quiet patio. It featured large, grassy areas; several sitting areas with nice exterior chairs and couches; plus an enclosed heated pool. We enjoyed a cigar and a scotch and watched the stars come out. Two thumbs up for the designers on this feature.

The best part of the visit was breakfast. We wandered into the "Bistro" to order a coffee and I personally had very low expectations for a sandwich, eggs or bacon. Both of us were blown away when, for about $20, our breakfasts were huge AND delicious. My wife could barely tackle her eggs and sausage; my "Breakfast BLT" was a surprising delight and I devoured every bite. The staff was friendly and hospitable. This was an excellent way to start a long, tough day.

Overall, you could do far worse than to stay here. It has several excellent features — the convenient location, the breakfast bistro and the outdoor patio are the highlights. Sharper management and a few tweaks could make this a superior choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PilotMike2009
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is truly appreciated! I will share your comments with our staff so that we can make the necessary improvements and tweaks to get better and make this a superior hotel of choice within the Greenbelt Area.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location for commuting to DC. It is the second time Ive stayed in the Greenbelt area. The rooms were typical for a Courtyard. What impressed me the most, was the young lady at the Bistro counter, I believe her name was Alicia(sp?). There is nothing better than havent a pleasant interaction with an employee, and she seems to enjoy her job. She was kind, and friendly to each person that ordered.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Alicia. We do our very best to ensure all our guests have a great stay serviced by a wonderful group of individuals who are passionate about creating personal connections.

The Greenbelt Courtyard Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Courtyard Greenbelt? Share your experiences!