“The Best...”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels from my travels with basketball, business or pleasure but this was the friendlist stay I've ever had... The hotel happens to be right next door to Friday's(#1 IN THE COUNTRY) but has a number of shops and resturants with-in mile from the front door of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roderick B
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great hotel. . clean, quiet and close to everything. The hotel was quite crowded but our room was very quiet. Close to the metro into Washington DC. We stayed 2 nights and will definitely stay again when we are in Greenbelt Maryland or heading into Washington for sightseeing or a Nationals game.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DavidKasprzyk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thanks for the great review! We love our location being so close to major highways and airports, while providing the ease of getting into the city with our complimentary shuttle. Please come back and see us! David

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2013

EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT!!!! THE STAFF WAS GREAT!!! it was a wonderfull stay!! all of the staff that we came in contact with were excellent!!! when i check in the gentelman, i forgot his name, was very polite and i felt very confident in all that he said about the motel. we were there for the miller/lewis family reunion. as we were getting things set up in the banquet room the banquet staff and manager was awesome!! they were very professional. the young lady that took care of the housekeepping services did a great job aswell. the young ladies in your breakfast area, terry and africa, were outstanding. every area we went in the staff was great!! also a customer was rushing into the loby and made one of the young ladies attending our family reunion spill her cup, well the manager that was there friday july 19 2013 around 5pm, when i went to the desk to tell him what happened he was very polite, came right over to the spill stood there and ask another associate to get a mop so he could clean it up. like i said everything was just GREAT!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Nicely tucked way and quite. The staff is fantastic. Plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from. Easy access to Baltimore and Washington DC. Very pleased with the decision to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Thank Vanessa M. W
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Service at this hotel is absolutely fantastic. Had one minor issue in my room with the AC and the staff helped move me into another room and provided dinner for me for the minor trouble. Everyone I spoke with during my week long stay was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I came to DC for a wedding and met two wonderful young women in the dining room who made my stay complete. Their names were Timnit and Africa. The wedding I was attending was an Ethopian affair and they explained things that would be going on to us and made us much more knowledgeable than I could have imagined. They were exceptionally nice and friendly and made our stay wonderful. Thanks for having such wonderful people at your hotel. It really made our week. Also want to give a shoutout to our shuttle driver, not sure what his name was but he was originally from California. He was so nice and fun to be around.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the great compliment. Both Africa and Timnit are two of our best Team Members. I am so fortunate to work with such a culturally diverse staff. I love when the hotel has a team member pot luck so I can try all the different foods! Hope to see you again. David

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt offers good value lodging, and is otherwise a typical Hilton Garden Inn property. The hotel is located close to both the Capital Beltway and the Baltimore - Washington Parkway, as well as in reasonable driving distance to the Green Line Greenbelt Station (which has a huge park and ride lot - paid on weekdays / free on weekends).

The rooms themselves are spacious and comfortable, although not particularly remarkable. The desk work area was of sufficient size, and I liked the fact there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The adjustable Hilton Garden Inn bed had no "instruction" / "user" guide, and the adjustment knob was hidden under the sheets. Having better instruction on how to adjust the firmness of the bed would certainly have been appreciated. I did not notice any exterior noise - either from the outside or the hallway.

Breakfast was set up in the typical Hilton Garden Inn manner. As a Diamond level Hilton Honors member, breakfast was complimentary for me. I was told when I checked in that breakfast opened at 6 am; in fact for a Sunday, it did not open until 7 am. I was not delayed too much by that, but would have appreciated correct information.

Otherwise, the person at the desk when I checked in was very friendly and helpful. I will note that in all my stays at a Hilton affiliated hotel this summer, this is the first time I have been asked to show ID, my AAA card and my Hilton Honors in addition to my credit card. Usually I do not have to show my Hilton Honors or AAA card, and requests for ID seem sporadic across hotels.

I would stay here again for the reasonableness of the rates and ease of access to freeways and Metro.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jbtexas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!