“Good accommodations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Cypress, Texas
“Good accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt offers good value lodging, and is otherwise a typical Hilton Garden Inn property. The hotel is located close to both the Capital Beltway and the Baltimore - Washington Parkway, as well as in reasonable driving distance to the Green Line Greenbelt Station (which has a huge park and ride lot - paid on weekdays / free on weekends).

The rooms themselves are spacious and comfortable, although not particularly remarkable. The desk work area was of sufficient size, and I liked the fact there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The adjustable Hilton Garden Inn bed had no "instruction" / "user" guide, and the adjustment knob was hidden under the sheets. Having better instruction on how to adjust the firmness of the bed would certainly have been appreciated. I did not notice any exterior noise - either from the outside or the hallway.

Breakfast was set up in the typical Hilton Garden Inn manner. As a Diamond level Hilton Honors member, breakfast was complimentary for me. I was told when I checked in that breakfast opened at 6 am; in fact for a Sunday, it did not open until 7 am. I was not delayed too much by that, but would have appreciated correct information.

Otherwise, the person at the desk when I checked in was very friendly and helpful. I will note that in all my stays at a Hilton affiliated hotel this summer, this is the first time I have been asked to show ID, my AAA card and my Hilton Honors in addition to my credit card. Usually I do not have to show my Hilton Honors or AAA card, and requests for ID seem sporadic across hotels.

I would stay here again for the reasonableness of the rates and ease of access to freeways and Metro.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jbtexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn's don't usually disappoint. This location is well managed and represented well by its staff. The management is very aware of its customers needs and also approachable. Nice restaurant with very energetic, polite, and fun wait staff. Clean facilities and very nice King Suites for the price. Front desk staff is culturally diverse and really aim to please. Tip- leave your car and catch the free shuttle to/from the METRO Train; enjoy D.C. for ten bucks with an all day pass

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sweetwater, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Every thing was above average and we enjoyed our stay. Room was great staff was great clean wonderful. Staff was very helpful. My family & I were in the area because I had surgery and no family close by, so we informed the staff and asked for a late check out and they checked on us every day to see if we needed anything. We usually stay @ the Hampton Inn but not one close, but I'm glad we stayed here, now I have another hotel that I will consider using.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Boulder, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is still relatively nice but for the price I think their value equation is only fair. It's time for a major renovation, not just replacing carpets. The staff is excellent as is the location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We traveled with my two young girls. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the evenings at the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was a treat! we were greeted every morning by big smiles and friendly faces by Carol " swimming ", Timmit and Africa. The specials made by Jasteen were delicious and fresh. Carol made extra efforts to help me with my picky toddler and making special chocolate for my oldest... They love it:) thank you!!!!
The hotel provided a shuttle to the metro station, the drivers were very helpful and friendly.
Overall we really enjoyed staying there I will come back one day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ramstein-miesenbach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our stay was absolutely wonderful. EVERYONE was extremely friendly and helpful. We would especially like to recognize Noelle and the front desk staff and Africa, Timnit and Terry as breakfast servers and the wonderful breakfasts prepared by Justine in the kitchen. Joseph an evening manager and Joseph at the bar were also super along with a dinner waiter and chef our first night whose name we can't remember. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and we look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a 90-person workshop that was partially held at the hotel. Hotel was clean, breakfast was pretty decent, conference rooms were well-suited to what we needed. Dinner was provided and was actually quite good. Not sure if it originated from the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DavidKasprzyk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for the review! We enjoyed having your organization with us. It was a fun serving your team last week. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the food; Chef Jon Davies does an excellent job and we are proud to have him on the team. Hope to see you again at next year’s conference!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
#5 of 5 in Greenbelt
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!