“Home Away From Home Jackie” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Livingston, New Jersey
“Home Away From Home Jackie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My daughter is a student at the University of Maryland and I came to visit her . I stayed for a number of days and marvelled at the excellent service and friendly staff. I want to highly commend the Dining Staff which is run by Chef Jonathan. Jonathan is professional, food was excellent and I felt like I hired by own personal chef. Jonathan even delivers the food so beautifully prepareed to your room. Jonathan had an excellent chef, Ms.S, also known as Justeen Banawbanay, along with my outstanding server, Joseph . During the day, I want to commend Aftica and Carol for their excellent breakfast service and big smiles. The front desk was pleasant and very helpful. I found the entire staff at the Hotel to be very friendly and welcoming. My room was very clean and comfortable. I truly appreciated the free Shuttle Service to the train. I will be returning again. I highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn because of its excellent staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff at the desk who greeted me were very warm and friendly . Room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was great, not the usual fare that's offered at most hotels. The hotels location was very convenient to local attractions. Who could ask for more than that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Couldn't find a hotel in DC for the inaugural events and was pleasantly surprised to walk into this Hilton property - it was light, bright, and the staff was very courteous and welcoming. There's a shuttle that takes you to the metro and I was in the heart of DC within 20 minutes. Joseph was kind enough to wait for me at the metro station after the last of the trains had left. This meant a lot to me as a single woman traveling alone. Special thanks to Africa (serving staff) who had my tea waiting for me every time I came down for breakfast. I felt so warmed and welcomed coming into the lounge area. She made me feel as if was the only guest at the hotel. She knew my name, what I liked to eat, etc ..... What a WOW feeling this hotel conveyed to me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel, The staff at the front desk was nice, the room was okay. We were there for the inauguration so the availability for rooms were limited, the bed as well as the comforter was okay and could have been better (I believe in most Hilton brand hotels they have the plush sleep bedding which is normally advertised, this hotel does not have this. The carpet was a bit dirty, however it didn't bother us much because we dont walk barefoot around, we always have on shoes. The best part of this hotel is the breakfast. Made to order olmettes was a nice touch, the buffet was alwasy stocked with fresh fruit, pasteries, beverages and other breakfast items. The waits staff was supberb and made sure you left satisfied. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Pros:
- clean, bright and comfortable rooms.
- Comfortable beds with washed duvet covers.
- Superior mattress with individual comfort settings and wool fleece top.
- Friendly, efficient staff.
- Free wi-fi in the room.
- Refrigerator in the room.
- Attractive public areas.
- Indoor pool and fitness center.
- Restaurant in lobby.
- Good water pressure.
- Reasonable rates on weekends and holidays.
- Hotel shares a corner of a corporate park setting with two other hotels and a Friday’s restaurant.
- Corporate park is located conveniently across the street from Greenbelt Park, a surprisingly rustic place in suburban Washington.
- Hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Free shuttle service to the Metro

Cons:
- Hotel is in an attractive setting, but is a bit of a drive to most restaurants or other attractions, as well as the Metro.
- There is a charge for the hot breakfast, which is comparable to hot breakfasts offered for free in other hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dennis1973
Darlington, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The facilities seem to be maintained as well as any other Hilton I've stayed at. The server staff seems eager to please especially the ones in the morning...I believe their names this morning (1/12/13) were Stacy and Africa, they did a good job. The front desk is mediocre. They seem inexperienced and only do enough to get by in my opinion. The biggest problem I've noticed with this particular hotel has been the quality of the food. The portions coming out of the kitchen are HUGE but lack quality. The other night I had a prime rib for around $21. A $2 cheeseburger from McD's would've been better. I also had fish and chips one night but I'm done with eating dinner here now. I'm actually staying here with 3 other co-workers and we're all done eating here. We're staying here for 12 nights and were done eating here after meal #2. The bottom line is the menu is over priced for the quality coming out of the kitchen. I think this hotel has the capability to generate significant revenue from the kitchen, given the lack of decent restaurants in the immediate proximity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Africa and Stacey have been excellent and exceptional. They made me and my teams stay feel like home. I travel 90% of the year and I wish I had staff like them everywhere I stay. Please find more like them in every Hilton for they surely make all of us travelers feel like we're home.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park
4.0 of 5 stars 390 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!