WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
San Francisco, California
“Great service, updated rooms, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Couldn't find a hotel in DC for the inaugural events and was pleasantly surprised to walk into this Hilton property - it was light, bright, and the staff was very courteous and welcoming. There's a shuttle that takes you to the metro and I was in the heart of DC within 20 minutes. Joseph was kind enough to wait for me at the metro station after the last of the trains had left. This meant a lot to me as a single woman traveling alone. Special thanks to Africa (serving staff) who had my tea waiting for me every time I came down for breakfast. I felt so warmed and welcomed coming into the lounge area. She made me feel as if was the only guest at the hotel. She knew my name, what I liked to eat, etc ..... What a WOW feeling this hotel conveyed to me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel, The staff at the front desk was nice, the room was okay. We were there for the inauguration so the availability for rooms were limited, the bed as well as the comforter was okay and could have been better (I believe in most Hilton brand hotels they have the plush sleep bedding which is normally advertised, this hotel does not have this. The carpet was a bit dirty, however it didn't bother us much because we dont walk barefoot around, we always have on shoes. The best part of this hotel is the breakfast. Made to order olmettes was a nice touch, the buffet was alwasy stocked with fresh fruit, pasteries, beverages and other breakfast items. The waits staff was supberb and made sure you left satisfied. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Pros:
- clean, bright and comfortable rooms.
- Comfortable beds with washed duvet covers.
- Superior mattress with individual comfort settings and wool fleece top.
- Friendly, efficient staff.
- Free wi-fi in the room.
- Refrigerator in the room.
- Attractive public areas.
- Indoor pool and fitness center.
- Restaurant in lobby.
- Good water pressure.
- Reasonable rates on weekends and holidays.
- Hotel shares a corner of a corporate park setting with two other hotels and a Friday’s restaurant.
- Corporate park is located conveniently across the street from Greenbelt Park, a surprisingly rustic place in suburban Washington.
- Hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Free shuttle service to the Metro

Cons:
- Hotel is in an attractive setting, but is a bit of a drive to most restaurants or other attractions, as well as the Metro.
- There is a charge for the hot breakfast, which is comparable to hot breakfasts offered for free in other hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dennis1973
Darlington, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

The facilities seem to be maintained as well as any other Hilton I've stayed at. The server staff seems eager to please especially the ones in the morning...I believe their names this morning (1/12/13) were Stacy and Africa, they did a good job. The front desk is mediocre. They seem inexperienced and only do enough to get by in my opinion. The biggest problem I've noticed with this particular hotel has been the quality of the food. The portions coming out of the kitchen are HUGE but lack quality. The other night I had a prime rib for around $21. A $2 cheeseburger from McD's would've been better. I also had fish and chips one night but I'm done with eating dinner here now. I'm actually staying here with 3 other co-workers and we're all done eating here. We're staying here for 12 nights and were done eating here after meal #2. The bottom line is the menu is over priced for the quality coming out of the kitchen. I think this hotel has the capability to generate significant revenue from the kitchen, given the lack of decent restaurants in the immediate proximity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Africa and Stacey have been excellent and exceptional. They made me and my teams stay feel like home. I travel 90% of the year and I wish I had staff like them everywhere I stay. Please find more like them in every Hilton for they surely make all of us travelers feel like we're home.

• Stayed January 2013
South Coventry, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Greenbelt on many occasions and have always been extremely happy with the level of service I've received. The staff is always very courteous and professional and the hotel itself is always well kept and welcoming. I would also like to recognize one member of the staff who went above and beyond the call of duty on my most recent visit. Ashlee W. was incredibly helpful in assisting me in rescheduling my stay. She was patient and sympathetic as I explained the circumstances regarding my travel and demonstrated commitment to excellence in her profession. As a frequent business traveler, this type of service is extremely valuable to me and is paramount in my choice of hotels and will keep me coming back to the Hilton Garden Inn in Greenbelt. Thank you Ashlee and thank you Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The service in the dining room was superb ! The food was excellent,prepared by Chef Willie.The two servers Africa and Stacey showed me so much attention.I felt like I was at home.
GREAT JOB !The front desk staff was very gracious!the bartenders were very familiar with the area,cause I wanted to go dancing and they gave me two excellent night clubs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!