“Customer Service Appreciated”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Boston
“Customer Service Appreciated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here with two teens when visiting the University of MD. Checked into our double room and was immediately greeted by an odor that we couldn't quite identify. I thought it was mildewy but my kids thought it was something used to cover up cigarette smoke. It was an attractive room but I had an immediate allergic reaction and asked to be switched to another room. As there weren't any more doubles available we were cheerfully upgraded to a suite. We appreciated the hassle-less room change and fully enjoyed having two bathrooms and two tvs unexpectedly. Room smelled perfectly fine. Customer service was very friendly at breakfast the next day as well. Would recommend.

1 Thank Touchbase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just wanted to say thank you to the staff and management of this establishment for making our stay, which was short but very nice. We just dropped off our son at the University of MD, and we decided to stay over. All of our questions about the area were answered by the friendly staff.
Dinner in the restaurant was great, service was professional. This will be our hotel when we come to visit our son in the future.
Thanks again to the management and staff.

Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel with my family. My husband who is a stickler for customer service was Very impressed with the staff and management of this hotel. We had two rooms, both of which were very clean, the staff was always very helpful, the general manager was always around, I had to ask him if he stayed at the hotel of did he go home. We used the restaurant, and had great service, the food was great. Thanks to the wonderful staff and management, our stay in DC was worth the trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

The management and staff at this hotel are great. The greets and smiles, the welcoming in the restaurant. Managers stopping by the restaurant to make sure you are satisfied. Front desk staff was very welcoming. I happend to ride the elevator with the General Manager and I expressed my satisfaction with the hotel and that I have always stayed there and I have noticed how the hotel, restaurant and food have improved greately. He was very courteous and expressed thanks and appreciation of my comments on the improvement. He personally helped me get my suitcase off the elevator and walked me to my room door. Wonderful service. Now I know I will always stay at the Hilton Garden Greenbelt having met the GM and beautiful staff.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

The management and staff of this hotel was very professional to me on my business trip to DC. My room was clean, service at the front desk was excellent and above all the General Manager was very courteous to me, he answered all of my questions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Angela S
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just returned from our overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn and had the most delightful stay. I've read so many negative reviews of late, I'm wondering if we stayed at the same place? Our room was clean & comfortable, had ample towels for all 3 of us, and was nicely appointed. The staff couldn't be nicer nor more accommodating from the desk staff to housekeeping to the wait staff for the breakfast buffet. We come down a few times during the school year to visit our child who's a student at UMD College Park and found the location to be ideal. Will definitely return and highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn.

1 Thank NYCityfoodie
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel staffs seems no knowledge on how to take care the the mistakes they made to the customrs.
I had a gov business trip to DC, booked through our gov agency, so I come in on time and checked out on time, they slided the reciept under my door on the day we ckecked out. In my case, they need to charge us less for State tax(we have filled an exemption certificate form for the tax exemption and handed to the front desk when we arrive). When we checked out in Friday morning, the amount to be charged was totaly wrong!!! And seemed no one know how to correct it. We have to wait for about 10 minutes for the front desk to find a way to correct that for me and my co-worker, it took the guy another 30 minutes to correct it. I thought it was taken care.
After I was back to office, I checked my gov credit card, found out that the front desk guy didn't do it right, I was over charged almost $400(the amount was not matched my receipt that I was given at the hotel). So I called the hotel, hope they will correct it, and the manager's name was Martin, he sounded polite and said will correct it asap. I trusted him the first time, after a couple of days late. I checked my card again. I was told there were another almost $400 were charged by this hotel. I was shocked. I called Martin again, and this time I was put on hold for more than 10 minutes and transfered to a lady, sounded fine, but my issue WAS NOT CORRECTED after a week. So I called my citi card and faxed my receipt to the citi cards, it was corrected by my card company in a week, not this Hotel. The Hotel really suposed to reverse the charge the first time, but what they did is charged again for the same amount instead of correcting the amount.

It took me almost a month to correct, and really frustrate. Will not recommend to any of my co-worker to stay there.

The hotel is not run by Hilton for some reason, you will feel like stayed at a motel, even not comparable to Holiday Inn. The service is not matching the Hilton Garden Inn level.

The breakfast was free for my rate, but was very limitted, dinner menu was very expensive for this level of Hotel, not great food, just soso or OK for such a high price.

Stay Away from this place!!!

Another thing want to mention is that the hotel manager is not telling the true, he replied on my co-worker's feedback, said we were over charged beacause we checked out early. That is not true, we checked out on time, we got the check out reciept under our door on Friday morning. He lied about that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joanne Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Greenbelt Marriott
#4 of 5 in Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!