“A Piece of Thailand”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

From the outside the building looks doubtful but once inside the ambience is excellent. The food is very good in quality, the staff is very attentive and the prices are acceptable. Thai food can be difficult to prepare well but Siri's Chef's Secret manages to do this well.

1  Thank AlfaGeek

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was a little hesitant at first when I approached Siri's Chef Secret. They tout themselves as serving Thai and American food, a phrase that brought back memories of the Chinese-American places that dotted the New York city landscape decades ago, before we learned what real Chinese food could be.

But I’m nothing if not adventurous, so I went in for lunch. And got another possible warning sign … a good-sized restaurant and, at high noon, I was only the second customer there.

I was rewarded for pressing on. I discovered a pleasant Thai restaurant convenient to my office.

I started with Kanom Jeeb, steamed dumplings in a wrapper made from water chestnut flour, served with a thickened soy-based sauce. Very tasty. I moved on to Pad Thai with Shrimp, and was again pleased with the dish that came to the table. This Thai classic, also very good, hit all the right buttons as far as authentic seasonings went. Beautiful presentation, lots of shrimp, and a portion size that left me full but not stuffed.

The restaurant really started filling up after I’d been there 10-15 minutes, so maybe they just have a lunch crowd on a different schedule from mine. The only down side … my meal cost $22.00 without tip, a good bit pricier than I normally like for lunch.

This won’t replace Thai Pilin as my favorite Thai restaurant, but I’m sure I’ll head back on occasion to satisfy my Thai food cravings.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I'd looked at their menu online but the real thing at the restaurant was more extensive and interesting. We were a table of 6 and everyone enjoyed his meal.

This restaurant knows how to blend flavors, spice and not overpower the food.

The salmon with crab was perfectly cooked. I enjoyed the seafood variety in a panang curry sauce that was nicely spicy. Others tried the flounder, sesame salmon, and we shared calamari and other appetizers.

As happy as we were with the meal up to that point, for desert, I had the best bread pudding ever. Excellent, not overpowered with rum. Perfect. Again, the blending of flavors was just right. The sticky rice with mango was a fine combination of flavors and a few at our table enjoyed that dessert.

Our service was superior; help with the menu, meeting requests, serving and removing dishes at the right time. A wonderful night.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The food is delicious, including the Thai specialties. You can get your food as spicy as you want it (including not spicy!). The ambience is comfortable and the service is efficient and friendly. You can eat healthy if you wish, including the option of brown (rather than white) rice. We live nearby and we go there often. Great food and inexpensive.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been here several times during the lunch period and Siri's has been wonderful every time. The food is exceptional, with many curry choices from mild to burn your mouth hot. Every time I visit, our entire lunch group raves about the food. Definitely worth the visit if you are in the area.