“Above average for a chain restaurant”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Greenbelt
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stop for a quick happy hour drink and ended up trying a few of the half priced appetizers.
I ordered steam shrimp and clam strips I was pleased and surprised by the freshness of the seafood. You can't really beat the Happy Hour Specials for drinks and foods in the area. The dining room can be a bit noisey as sound carries throughout. This location is almost always packed so try and go during the off peak times. The service is a bit spotty at times.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was sooo excited about this place when it first opened. I Love Seafood! After about 1 yr the service started to change. Some of my favorite steam pots were no longer on the menu. Its not my restaurant, they can do that, I get it. My trips became increasingly far and in between. Then I went for carry out about 2 months ago after not being there for a long time. While the lady was running my credit card, another server walked up to the front using so much profanity I thought I was at a sailor bar. The lady servicing me told her to watch her language around the customer. She said oh my bad. Wow! I have not returned.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had dinner at Joe's soon after it opened in Greenbelt, we enjoyed the fun of the singing wait staff but the over all noise in the dining area was more then we expected. The food is good, middle of the road but not bland or boring, this is a chain and the menu and presentation reflect this. Joe's has an extensive drinks menu,and wonderful tee shirts for sale. I think it would be a great place for a group or friends or family to go out and have fun. Teenagers might enjoy it ( or find it embarrassing) but I think it is worth a visit. We plan to go back and see how things are now that it has settled in.

1  Thank summertravler03
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love the deal they have for lunch on Tuesdays. The place is pretty empty so never a problem getting a table. I get the coconut shrimp lunch special, and opt for the steamed vegetables instead of the fries. They give lots of tasty shrimp. And there is a $2 hurricane drink special. One is more than enough. The downside is that the steamed vegetables, and the coleslaw sometimes seem old or limp.

1  Thank JuneAnn99
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Reasonable prices and (to me) surprisingly good food. I got 12 large coconut shrimp, fries, and a tiny dish of cole slaw. Everything was cooked perfectly. The fries were not greasy, crispy on the outside but not over cooked. The waitress and manager both spend time talking with me and I left a big tip. Had to take half the shrimp with me because I could not eat them all. Will be going back later this week. I love seafood.