“SuperBowl Night.”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

A couple friends and I decided to get the 2 bedroom larger suite the night of the Super Bowl (broncos/seahawks). Upon arrival we were literally in and out. The woman that was in the front desk was very friendly and worked at a fast paced.

When we got to the suite I was pretty impressed. The suite was beyond spacious. When you walk in there is a full kitchen, a table that sits four, and a living area with a couch and a HDTV. One of the rooms has two beds, a bathroom changing area, and a bathroom. The other room has the same thing accept it only has one bed. Both rooms have HDTVs.

We were able to view the game comfortably. Everyone loved the suite. The only thing I can make a slight complaint is the size of the trash cans in the suites. I had to run out and borrow two big trash bags from a friend to try to put some of our trash away so the housekeeper didn't have to put too much work in. You guys should consider getting bigger trash cans lol. Oh and the last thing is there were no ice machines/vending machines on our floor. Other than that, this hotel is beyond perfect.

In the morning, we got our complementary breakfast. I'm honestly not to fond about hotel breakfast buffets but the Residence Inn had changed my view on that. Great breakfast! Thank you guys for not letting my friends and I down.

Overall, I would definitely come back without a doubt in my mind. I've stayed at many hotels before, but this was definitely a one of a kind experience. Thank you to all the staff ! :)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jessica J
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am so pleased that you had a five star time! I will certainly pass along your praise to our staff. I hope your team won the Super Bowl!
Hopefully, we will see you and your firends back for next year's big game.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We recently booked a two bedroom suite here at the residence inn in green belt, Maryland. When we checked in, there were no longer 2 bedrooms suite available, The manager (Allen) was very apologetic for the computer error and made sure alternate accommodations were made available to us. He also got us a brown bag breakfast since we had to leave the hotel around 6 am for a swim meet at the university of Maryland. The rest of the staff were also very nice. The rooms were clean, beds were nice, and the wifi worked great. My wife enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel. The work out room equipment worked well although the channel selection was limited. The location of the hotel is great, right off the highway. Overall a very nice stay and we would return here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mr. McCaffrey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. Thank you for being so understanding about the room type change. I hope your kids did well at the swim meet! I hope to see youand your family back next year. Have a wonderful day,
Warm regards, Allen Davis

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Pros:
- clean, bright, comfortable and roomy suites.
- Comfortable beds with washed duvet covers.
- Friendly, helpful and efficient staff who are watched over by the ever-present general manager who doesn’t mind helping out.
- Free wi-fi in the room.
- Very good free breakfast offered daily with a variety of offerings including real eggs (!) without added salt.
- Several nights a week a free dinner is offered complete with wine or beer.
- Outdoor pool and modest fitness center.
- Good water pressure.
- We received a very good rate which made this stay an exceptional value.
- Hotel shares a corner of a corporate park setting with two other hotels and a Friday’s restaurant.
- Corporate park is located conveniently across the street from Greenbelt Park, a surprisingly rustic place in suburban Washington.
- Hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the University of Maryland in College Park.

Cons:
- Hotel is in an attractive setting, but is a bit of a drive to most restaurants or other attractions, as well as the Metro.
- Although the facility is exceptionally clean, I did observe a roach in a hallway which I disposed of. This is probably to be expected with so many guests cooking and eating in the rooms. When I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk, he was very concerned and it appeared that the staff takes this unfortunate occurrence very seriously. I stayed for eight days and did not observe any other insects in my room or any public area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Dennis 1973,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a thorough review. We love that you had a five star experience with us. I could not have written a better review myself! Your review sums up exactly what my staff is here for- to make your experience just about perfect in every way.
I do apologize profusely for the bug that you found in the hallway. We have a very aggressive pest control program, but very rarely we have to deal with pests after the fact as opposed to proactively preventing them. Rest assured that your comments were taken very seriously at the time you let us know, and we had our pest control company come in to remedy the situation.
We hope to see you again very soon. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here last month while picking up my daughter from UMD College Park. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was immaculate, lots of space. Included breakfast was decent.

There is a Fridays within walking distance. We got takeout from there, the food was better than our local Fridays restaurant and the staff was very friendly.

This is a good, safe option if you're staying to drop off or pickup your student at UMD, which is just a few miles away.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Scott G,

I am happy that you had an excellent stay with us. We have many UMD families and friends stay with us throughtout the year, and are pleased that like them, you found the Residence Inn Greenbelt a great choice.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warm regards, Allen Davis, GM

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Last August, my family and I stayed at the Greenbelt RI and had a negative experience. My August review detailed many of the reasons. After our stay, I received a kind call from the GM and was assured that the issues I was troubled with would never happen again.

I decided to stay at this property again in December and all aspects of my stay were excellent. The first thing I noticed was the instant smile on the face of the front desk attendant who checked me in. She was wonderful and welcoming. Check in was efficient. The 2-brm suite was spotless and everything worked. The public areas were also spotless and this was even with a school swim team occupying a number of the rooms, along with some wet weather.

One interesting piece of paperwork I was asked to sign upon check in was a "no party waiver." That may not be the exact title of the sheet, but that's the essence of it. When signing, I had to agree that I would not host loud and lively parties (past a particular hour, I think) AND I had to agree to call the front desk if I was subject to noisy neighbors enjoying a party of their own. Wow--I haven't ever had to sign anything like that before in any of my travels, but I can recall a handful of times in past years when I wish I had!

Some previous reviewers have mentioned that a car is needed if staying in the area. Yes, that is true, however there is a TGIF w/in walking distance, just in case! When having a car, several main arteries (highways) can be quickly accessed. I'd also estimate that it's no more than a 5-minute drive to most shopping and eatery options. University of Maryland (College Park) is about a 10-minute drive and The Catholic University of America is a 20-25 min. drive.

My entire stay was incredibly positive, everyone was incredibly friendly and I can easily say that I will stay again, if this location is optimal for my needs. I am really glad that I gave this hotel a second chance!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear cmonique78,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay over Christmas. I hope that this becomes a Holiday tradition for you!
See you again soon,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I wanted to have a good night's rest before the Christmas festivities began since I am staying with family and it can become overcrowded. I asked for a 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious. Well worth the $100.10 rate that it was going for. The room was very clean with a very comfortable king sized bed. It contained a large kitchen with a table area for dining. The front desk manager was very nice and mentioned the manager's reception. Also he mentioned that there would be a continental breakfast but there would be no managers reception christmas night so that the employees could enjoy the day with their families. There was a note in the room that mentioned that information as well. It was friday's wings night with wine, beer and soft drinks salad, cookies, fries and chicken fingers. I was surprised that they had a reception considering it was christmas eve. The food was hot and decent. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I would visit again.

See you again soon,

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Fairly standard Residence Inn by Marriott. Location is pretty good as it's right off the BW Parkway and only minutes from DC. Nothing near the hotel in walking distance so you'll need to plan for that. Parking was adequate.

The hotel itself is awkwardly designed. A bit of a maze to get around and there's no way to get to the main desk without going outside. This was a pain because of the cold weather. But, the rooms are impeccably designed. My only complaint: the TVs were tiny at about 32 inches in both living and bedroom area. My iron didn't work and had trouble getting hot water the last day of my stay which was annoying.

Didn't get to sample the breakfast so can't comment. And I didn't see much of a business office. Service by staff was adequate but nothing exceptional. If you can swing it, stay at the Courtyard next door for much better service.

All in all, not bad at all for the price I paid.

• Stayed: December 2013
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

We are happy that you stayed with us! I am so glad that you loved the layout of our suites. I apologize that your iron didn’t work, I hope that you let us know so that we could replace it. I am a bit disappointed that your service was adequate but not exceptional, as that is the one area that we focus the most on. Please give me a call at 301.982.1600 to chat more about your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the DC area.

Allen Davis, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
2 mi away
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!