“Great hotel and staff”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Director who works out of State, always request this hotel. He loves this hotel and location when he's working here in Maryland. The manager Mr. Allen Davis is always helpful in securing him a room.

Thank you for the great customer service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear TeelW,
We are glad to hear that the all of your stays with us have been positive ones. We definitely look forward to serving you again in the future and giving you, yet another, great experience! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everyone at this hotel was very pleasant and friendly. George and his team did a tremendous job with the food.......yum yum!!! The hotel was very very clean which is a MUST when I travel. If not I would not have stayed one day. I am happy to recommend this hotel to any who is traveling.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear JZMGG,
We are very delighted to see you had a great stay with us. Being clean is of utmost importance to us as well, and we are glad that you noticed the dedication our housekeeping staff has to ensure exactly that. We would also like to thank you on behalf of George, he in addition to our other staff, does a spectacular job during our evening social hours. Your satisfaction is very important to us, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Tough to title this review. It is a nice, clean Residence Inn that I used due to our Corporate Contract. It is clean, and I found the front desk staff pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable with ample work space, free internet access, and a small kitchenette. When I have been onsite for several days, this a great benefit. Not much in the way of restaurants near by if you decide not to do their dinner; however, there is a Hilton Garden Inn next door with a restaurant and a TGIFridays down the street. I had been worn by co-workers to stay away from the TGIFridays; although, it was packed when I drove by it. After a full day of work and before getting caught up with e-mails, etc. I like a quiet meal while reading the paper(s). Through no fault of the Residence Inn they do provide a meal; however, I found the room noisy and I was not in the mood for hot dogs/hamburgers. Not their fault. It was there, available, and multiple people were enjoying the food. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and what I consider typical for a hot breakfast at hotels. To cold to swim and not much else to do. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear QuietmanTravels,
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. If your overall conclusion was a positive one than we have done our job. We are always looking to better ourselves, so if you have suggestions or even an issue during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

A large group from our swim team stayed at the hotel. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We were greeted with smiles throughout our weekend stay by all the employees including maintenance. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Our room had a fireplace which we actually really enjoyed
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Debbie M,
Being greeted with a smile is the best way to start your stay, but it should never stop there and we are very glad it didn't. We truly love, having the pleasure of providing service with a smile to all of our guests during their stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you again next year.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here while attending a swim meet at UMD. Great location, good service, very clean rooms. Breakfast was as advertised (nothing special but met the need). Only downsides were rather noisy hvac and clunky pipes all night. Also, the elliptical machine was partially broken, which was a safety issue. We would certainly stay here again though, overall a very positive experience.

Dear Jeff L,
We are so glad that your overall experience with us was a positive one. Please, never hesitate to contact our front desk staff with any issues that you may have. We are here to help always and would have been more than happy to resolve any problems you had during your day. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

During a recent stay at this hotel the Assistant General Manager, Mr. Bright, was phenomenal! When I arrived at your property, it was late and I was sick, just getting over the flu. Mr. Bright was working the evening shift/night audit alone. For some reason, it was a busy night. Guest checking in, phones ringing, etc and although he was multi-taking, he was one of the most pleasant Marriott employees I have met in a long time.

He was energetic, personable and a pleasure to speak with during my check in process. I could tell by our conversation how much he enjoyed working at this property. The next morning when I came down for breakfast he was still working and still just as pleasant.

Also, hotel renovations were property are beautiful. The rooms were vibrantly decorated and very cozy. The hallway and the breakfast areas were also very clean and well kept. Please keep up the great work! Kudos to Mr. Bright!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Nancy J,
This type of experience is exactly what we strive for all of our guests. We are so happy to hear that your stay, from checkin to check out, was delightful. Mr. Bright is our Assistant General Manager here at the Residence Inn by Marriott and is phenomenal with the guests during all stages of their stay, as are all of our employees. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to having you back here soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is my third visit to this hotel and besides the unenthused front desk personel, I've haven't had any real conplaint until now. My sister and I stayed here this past weekend for one night due to a sick relative staying close to this location. We arrived around six, entered the room to find a ROACH running acrossed the front of the dish washer! For some reason the carpet felt damp to walk across and I found myself afraid to sleep once I knew there could be other "visitors" crawling around the room. So disappointed considering this is a Marriott and one I've visited a time or two before. Extreme noise for other guest was another concern. All around completely unhappy with this visit. Will not be returning....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Tosh34,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I can reassure you that we have the most aggressive pest control policies and standards in place. We will continue to be vigilant in our efforts to provide the best hotel stay for each of our guests. I do wish that during your stay you had voiced your dismay so that we could have addressed it during that time. We are always looking for ways to work towards being better at what we do and we definitely look to our guests experiences in order to make that happen.

I would love for you to contact me so that we may discuss your experience in further detail. I look forward to hearing from you and again thank you for sharing with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
2 mi away
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!