“Spacious accommodations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
MS Gulf coast
“Spacious accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very clean with all the amenities, including wired Internet. Adequate breakfast and friendly staff. There was even food and drinks offered on the weekday evenings. Greenbelt green metro station only a few miles down the road with 4+ dollar parking. Good place to stay in Greenbelt, but nothing in walking distance except a TGI Fridays.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Gulf Coast Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We are delighted that you were able to experience some of our latest amenities. Our evening social has become an even bigger hit with the addition of Beer & Wine during dinner. The next time you are here please stop by the Front Desk for a list of things to do in the surrounding area. I am sure we will be able to find something to peak your interest and ensure that your next stay is even more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This summer our family spent three nights here as we toured the DC and Maryland areas. When we first entered the hotel the staff was very friendly and professional. It was very refreshing after our long ride. The room was very clean and spacious. Their breakfast buffet was excellent. The food was hot and very tasty. Our son and the daughters of our friends who were with us enjoyed the pool! There was a full time lifeguard who helped to make us all feel safe. This was our third visit to the hotel and each time we have been very pleased. We will continue to use this facility whenever we are in the area. The Boyd Family

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Boyd Family,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt. We are always pleased to welcome back old friends such as you. Please let me know when you are planning your next visit so that I may have the opportunity to personally welcome you back.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just came back from a two week stay for a family reunion. We chose the place because it was the only one around that had an outdoor swimming pool. It wasn't very big, but clean and great to cool off after a day touring DC.

The staff is very nice and willing to help, but seems to be lost at times, depending on the request...

Out one bedroom suite was roomy and comfortable. My only issue was cleanliness. I think the room was vacuumed maybe twice all the time we were there. And they probably use some sort of glue based cleaner for the kitchen floor... Although they knew there were four people in the room, everynight we had to ask for more towels - two was all they could afford everyday. I killed a spider on the window sill and left it there to see what was going to happen. When we left, the poor thing was still there, waiting for a proper burial... As for the bedding, they say they change it every other day, but it wasn't so. Overall, the room needed a good scrub. It looked like it had been renovated not long ago, but because of the lack of care it looked old and dirty.

There are two laundry rooms in the building, one of the washers was out of order all the time I was there.

Breakfast was ok, eggs, potatos, waffles, yougurt every single day. "Eggs Florentine" once a week....

It is a great place to stay, very handy to get to all highways and only 20 min from DC by car. Although it was very convenient for us, since we have family in College Park, I wouldn't stay there again unless there was an improvement on the overall maintenance of the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the basketball court. They say there is a curfew at 9 pm but it is not enfo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bloome Family,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. We are always interested in receiving feedback from our valuable guest on the many ways that we have exceeded their expectations and on how we may improve our services as well. I offer my sincerest apology for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your recent stay. If you will please contact me directly at the hotel, I would appreciate the opportunity to personally discuss the challenges you expressed.

Thank you once again and I respectfully look forward to hearing from you soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel two different weekends in July/2012. Everything was great except the air conditioner would run for 10 minutes then the hot fan for 20mins!! I complained to the front desk who did not send anyone up the first time and the the second stay they did not send anyone to my room until it was time for me to leave:-(. Other than that, I would stay again:-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Traveler,
We appreciate your insight and we are glad that you would still stay regardless of the minor inconvenience. Because of the extreme weather this past July, our AC units were going nonstop the entire month. It was so warm that I do believe the school kids were already praying for snow! But seriously, all of our AC units have been inspected and are currently in working order. Unfortunately during your stay, the excessive heat we experienced produced a high volume of service calls requesting everything from extra towels and ice bags to Tylenol and popsicles. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and I am pleased to inform you that should you return this month; the temperature is so much more pleasant.

Looking forward to seeing you again,
Utica, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great room for the price! Very modern & clean. At $99/night, we had everything we needed for our family of 4. Kitchen in our room was convenient. Complimentary breakfast was good, & pool, although small, was nice. 5min to college park train station (parking only $4), with a 23 min ride into DC. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. Comfort, convenience and quality service are qualities that make us stand apart from all the rest. We are very family orientated and are pleased to provide many of the comforts of home for our visiting families and single travelers as well. It is our sincere hope that you will make Residence Inn Greenbelt your home away from home whenever you are in the DC area.

Take Care!
Trenton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for one night and am so upset by the hotel that I am writing this from the room. Got to the hotel at 4pm and went to the lobby. There was a gentleman in line who wanted to check into his two bedroom suite and was told to wait for at least another half hour before it was ready. I checked in and went to the room assigned to me and it was a studio not a one bedroom I paid for. After calling the front desk I was told that they had sold out all of the one bedrooms and this is all they had left. Unacceptable. I made my reservation a week in advance and they managed the hotel very poorly. Also there is only one towel in the room, incomplete bedding for the pullout bed and security at the hotel is nonexistent. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wgp22
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Traveler,
I want to personally offer you my sincerest apology for any challenges you encountered during your recent stay and I would hope that you will reconsider your decision and honor us with another visit in the near future. It is unfortunate but sometimes true that within the hospitality industry a guest will have to wait for a particular room type. Although seldom, this occurrence is usually caused when a hotel is sold out the night before and the guest occupying an assigned room, checks out late or decides to extend their stay for another night. I would love to discuss these concerns with you further. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Kind Regards,
Allen Davis, General Manager
Residence Inn Greenbelt
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in town for a big academic competition. I made reservations 6 mos in advance, then mistakenly canceled them the week before. The desk clerk who answered my panicked call could do nothing to fix that, but gave me an idea of how to make the hotel work with what they had available. Very good service, even before we arrived!

We stayed here last about 5 years ago, for the same competition. The upgrade in the meantime has been wonderful! The apartments - I mean suites - are lovely, modern, and clean. The TVs are BIG. The laundry works too! Very happy with the room area. We stayed several days previous to this at the neighboring hotel of a different chain, and there was no comparison. This is prime!

The recreation area is in the area between the L shaped room wing, and the point of the square where the lobby and breakfast is. The sport court is well used by the young people, but did not bother me at all even with my room on that side.

Same for the seasonal outdoor pool. The pool is a big kidney bean shaped pool, and can hold 55 or so? There is a real lifeguard, who checks the chemical balance every 2 hours, and has the records there for you to inspect if you want. Dogs are not allowed in the pool. Dads are, and the ones I saw were having a blast with their kids. The lifeguard required everyone out for her breaks, which was a minor annoyance, but safety first! Pool did not open a minute before 10 am, maybe even a little after, and was closed promptly at 8 or 9. This was a big hit with my kids.

Meals M/T/W, breakfasts included our dr ordered oatmeal!

Shuttle within a couple of miles from hotel, includes the Metro Station. You do need to make a reservation for the trip 24 hours in advance, both to and from, and it must be back to the hotel by 7:30.

We ordered an airport shuttle online for here, and they worked great at this location and picked up one of us at 2:30. Desk clerk was cheerful at that time of am, but did seem surprised that someone would leave at that time of night. But when you have one of your number whose been bumped to a 5 am flight, well, you try to make the best of it. Goodbyes were said at 2:30, and every thing was all right in the world. :)

Location is great. There is a CVS, Chipotle, and Atlanta Bread Company within a mile, and a Giant food store and Staples just before those. There are two Revolutionary Ware soldiers buried in the far corner of this business park, overlooking the freeway, which was a great "hiking" trip for my city weary competitors. This is our place when coming to this area.

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel is fine!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your very detailed and insightful comments. I must say, 5 years is a long time between visits, but we’re always pleased to welcome you back. We have made quite a few improvements since your last stay and from the sound of your letter, we did alright (smile). Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts with us and we hope that you will not wait another 5 years before your next visit.

Sincerely Honored To Have You Back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!