“very comfortable hotel with friendly staff”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Detroit, Michigan
“very comfortable hotel with friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

The manager Mr. Davis was very attentive to our hotel needs and stay.
The hotel is in a great location if you like a peaceful environment.
The rooms are comfortable and appealing like a nice studio apartment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
allen d, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Natalie D.,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We love our peaceful location here in beautiful Greenbelt. I'm sure you noticed that there are lovely trees everywhere! Allen Davis, our General Manager always tries to be accessible and actively participates in the day to day interactions of the staff and guest here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt. He genuinely cares about the condition of our hotel and he is no stranger to hard work. On any given day you may find him at the front desk checking in a guest or answering a reservation call, greeting guest in the breakfast room or being the perfect host at the evening Manager's Reception. He is interested in making your stay comfortable by listening to what you have to say, and then following up on ways to improve your stay. This attitude of exceptional service is passed along to his staff and on to valuable guest such as you. Thank you once again Natalie D. for your comments and compliments.

We Appreciate You,
Tia

Tia B. Major, CHSP
Residence Inn Greenbelt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had a really great stay here this week. Rooms are fresh and clean. Like brand new. The staff is courteous. I was able to play some ball too. They have a small basketball court!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Mike M.
So that was you out on the basketball court at 3am? Just kidding (smile). We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to shoot some hoops too on our Sports Court. You had mentioned that the room you stayed in was fresh and like new, well that's because IT IS. We are pleased to announce that we recently completed a Full Renovation of all 120 Suites! But Mike M. that's just the beginning. We have more surprises in store so hurry back and let us know what you think of our New Market and added Beverage Service at our evening Manager's Reception.

Take Care,
Tia
p.s. I hear our GM was a pretty good ballplayer in his day, so maybe there will be a match during your future stay (but don't tell him I said that).

Tia B. Major, CHSP
Falling Waters, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year and ONLY returned this year because of the OUTSTANDING service. Last year and this year I had business in the local area. Last year I drove up from WV on a Sunday. My wife could not come with me at the time because she had a final. She would be coming on a Tuesday by way of train and then the Metro. I insured that they would pick her up from the Metro. They told me all she needed to do was call once she arrived and they would pick her up. I told them about the time she would arrive at the Metro. My wife arrived at the Metro that Tuesday about 2:00 pm. She called the hotel and the shuttle (Carlos-->driver) arrived in about five minutes. She was at the hotel within about ten minutes. At the front desk once she presented her ID she was in the room in about five minutes. She was VERY pleased. With both trips the drivers were either Carlos or Will. These guys are good!!! I would sign up for the shuttle service each day. They would have me at my destination with about 15 minutes to spare. I really appreciate it. Sometimes they had to take back roads (I didn't know where I was...I'm glad they did) but they ALWAYS got me to my destination on time. I was really impressed because quite often my day ended early and I would call the hotel to be picked up. They would be at my location within 15 minutes. Several of my co-workers were staying at another hotel that was closer and every day there was a problem with their shuttle service. So much to the point that their shuttle service would pick them up about two hours after they called...some eventually walked back to the hotel. I NEVER had that issue.
Well this year my wife and I stayed and received once again the BEST customer service possible. I had an issue with the internet service. My wireless card was having issues and I could not use the hard wire. I called down to the front desk and George came up. He did what he could but it was a dead issue. He told me that he was going to leave, however, he would have some one else come up. Within about 10 minutes George returned but he brought the General Manager (Allen) with him. I explained to them that I must be able to log in the next day. Allen advised George to open the room next door and to make sure that I could connect. If I could connect George would give me the key so that I could use the room the next day. I was able to connect...problem solved.
Lastly something that really impressed my wife and myself. One morning while at breakfast we watched Allen help clean the tables. One of the workers approached him to help and he told them that he would do it. He cleaned many tables. The staff are ALWAYS friendly and professional. Will recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your comments and many wonderful compliments. We believe that Teamwork Makes The Dream Work and what better way to lead than by example. Carlos and Wil are two of our finest employees and I too enjoy having the opportunity to interact with our wonderful guest such as you. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us all. Our doors are always open and awaiting your return.

Best Wishes,
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

In the 7 years I've been traveling Residence Inn has become my chain of choice. The rooms are as homey as a hotel gets and the staff is always top notch. Greenbelt has managed to exceed even my high expectations from the chain. The staff goes above and beyond to cater to me as a long stay customer from understanding the occasional blips that happen when you book through a third party to making sure I get a dinner when a popular item is served. Beyond that their alway pleasent and friendly attitude is a nice comfort for my long term stays away from home. I would advise any long stay buisness traveler in the DC area to stay at this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Angie A,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. It is always a privilege to hear from our business travelers. Because you stay so frequently, you are able to give us feedback from a slightly different perspective. Our staff takes pride in their work and they genuinely take notice of the little things that make a big difference, but if you ask them they’ll simply say “It is my pleasure to be of service”. Thank you once again on behalf of myself and the staff here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt. It is truly our pleasure to serve you.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have stayed at many Residence Inn Hotels. I'm a Marriotts reward member. Most RI I've stayed at are situated like mini apartments in which you walk right into your flat from the parking lot. However, this particular hotel is a business hotel so its more of a hotel feel, where you are walking down halls. The decor in the room is beautiful art deco paintings and murals. Huge workspace. Beds comfortable, full service kitchen in case your there for a couple of days and want to cook for yourself. Nice living area with a couch and chaise lounge for entertaining. I really enjoyed my stay. The area is right off the highway. Easy to get too. Its an ideal location. Seems like it was 15 min. from everything (Silver Spring, Bowie, Hyattsville, DC very easy to get there with minimal traffic. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
allen d, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Valued Rewards Member,
We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated Residence Inn. Everything from the fully equipped kitchen to the beautiful decorations on the restroom walls, and everything in between have all been done with you and our many wonderfully divers members in mind. We are especially delighted that you were able to see and enjoy our finished product. Here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt, we are always trying to improve ourselves, achieve the highest standards set by Marriott and exceed the expectations of our valuable guest. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging accommodations and for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We look forward to WOWing you again real soon.

Best Wishes,
Erie, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here in late April, 2012. From front desk courtesy to housekeeping service to hot, FREE breakfast, it was top notch. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was exactly as described--nice and roomy, very clean and well appointed. Easy access to I-495 (Beltway) and I-95. Plus, a METRO station close by. You cannot beat the value for a suburban DC hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Carol G.,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the newly renovated accommodations. Honestly, you and others like you are the reasons why we love coming to work every day. Not everyone likes waking up early to go to work, but when you have the pleasure of working with friendly, dedicated individuals it really makes your day much more enjoyable. That joy is then passed on to those whom we serve such as you. Thank you once again and we sincerely promise to keep up the good “work”.

Sleep Tight,
Whiteville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants comfort, good food and friendly faces
The service was excellent
I am, of course, very delighted to have had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Allen Davis during my recent stay. He and his staff were very professional and courteous. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Dr. J. P McNair, PHD.

Room Tip: Talk to Mr. Davis