“Great Breakfast spot!”

Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Greenbelt
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A couple great locations around VA that are frequented by everyone from families to business people trying to get in that morning business power breakfast meeting. Really good, fast, and great quality food. Coffee is good but not great; it won't kill you but you may want to hit Pete's or Starbucks before going.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

very good food, great service, enjoyed the juke box at each booth. in the front of a shopping center. Staff went out of their way to give advice on directions.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Took the Metro into Convention Center all day and when my friend and I got back to the Metro before driving back to Delaware we decided to try the Silver Diner which was really close to the Metro. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and fresh and we loved the fact that they use fresh ingredients from local farmers. My mango vegetarian stir fry was excellent! Service could have been a little better....waiter seemed more interested in talking to other waiters. Would definitely go back!!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had the flounder with veggies--the meal was healthy, tasty, and at a great price. Some of my collegaues ate here regularly and were very happy with their meals as well.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Silver Diner made a special night absolutely fantastic. Perhaps it was the retro scenery or the music/jukeboxes at every table playing the old school hits. I’m certain a huge part of it was the service and the delicious, fresh food. My husband took me out for my birthday last night (yes I’m a 9/11 baby). He had caramel French toast and eggs, and I had the philly cheese steak omelet. He gave his food overall an 8 out of 10, but said the French toast was almost perfect along with the strawberries which he said were very fresh and tasty. My meal… OMG! I want another. The steak was great, and the topping was tangy which complimented the omelet well. The potatoes were yummy as well. Our server stayed on target with asking us if we had any needs, asking us how the food was and being very kind. I haven’t been so pleased with a local restaurant in a while. It felt like the theme song on “Cheers”  I highly recommend taking a trip one day. The menu is also full of variety. I may be being picky but, I was kind of disappointed I never got to hear the song I picked on the juke box, but that doesn’t affect the perfect score because I had such an awesome time.