“Mediocre Diner Fare”

Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Greenbelt
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Silver Diner is an area chain restaurant. It started out as a 50's style diner, but in recent years tried to do something a little different by promoting their use of locally-grown ingredients. The Greenbelt location used to even have a Farmer's Market on ocassion. In that time, prices went up, the portions got smaller, and the food itself never improved for the most part. It's not really standard diner fare anymore, should that be what you are looking for, and as far as value, I would suggest instead going to Plato's in College Park, about a mile away.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Recently spent 3 days in Greenbelt while visiting Washington, D.C. We ate at this little diner after reading other reviews on Tripadvisor, liked it so much we went back a second time. They have a good menu with very reasonable prices. The restaurant was clean with friendly staff. Between my husband and myself, we tried the crab cakes, roasted turkey platter, fish tacos, and soft shelled crab. It was all very tasty and we would certainly go back if in the area again, excellent value!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

They really mean farm to table. Best burger I ever had and my guest loved her sandwich. She commented on the crunch of the greens of her salad too. Freshness is often hit or miss. This diner gets it right. Great coffee too. Service was very friendly and other patrons were raving about their food too. When people are waiting to get in, you often wonder if it is because this is the best around. Wonder no more, it is the best diner around!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a good place to eat. The service is quick. Their bragging point on their menu is "We buy fresh and local." I would assume this to mean they do buy fresh and local when they can. Another bragging point is that their meats (such as bacon) are nitrite-free.They also have a 600-calorie menu from which both my friend and I picked our dishes. Nice to see a diner think healthy and not be limited to greasy and/or high calorie options. The setting is not fancy but comfy. Each booth has a jukebox. My only concern is that the Silver Diner has too many items on the menu. It makes me wonder at the capability of any one restaurant to keep a fresh inventory and perfect their dishes when they have so many menu items to keep up with. But then, there is something for everyone!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Good american food. The deserts were also great. AND you can enjoy all this good food without breaking the bank.