“First of Many Visits to Gatlinburg”
New deck! Come relax with us!
My daughter snuck into this pic! Drive way/Front of cabin
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
New deck! Come relax with us!
My daughter snuck into this pic!
Drive way/Front of cabin
front porch
Dining area
living room, new flat screen tv, carpet, and furniture
fire place
bathroom
Jacuzzi Tub
Hot Tub
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Katie S
“First of Many Visits to Gatlinburg”
Reviewed February 19, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

This cabin is nestled at the top of a steep hill which made it pretty suspsenseful upon arrival. It lived up to our expectations: quiet scenery, cozy cabin feel, great porch for grilling out on and relaxing views from the hot tub. It was very close to downtown Gatlinburg- I think we made about 6 trips back and forth. About 20-30 minutes from Laurel Falls and 15 from Gatlinburg Trailhead where we walked our dogs! I made for the perfect weekend getaway!

Feb 20, 2018
We are so glad you had a great time and "Congrats" by the way! Take care till next time!
Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed January 26, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Jan 27, 2018
Brian, Im glad you all had a great time! Thanks for the review and we hope you and the family come back and see us soon! Take Care!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed December 3, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We had the best time in Chris' cabin. It is extremely clean and feels very homey. Everything worked fine and the location was perfect for hiking the smokies trails or go to Obergatlinburg. We will definitely come back next time we visit the area. Fully recommends.

Dec 4, 2017
Thank you so much for staying with us! We try our best to make each guest happy and it means a lot to us to have you come back and stay again! See you soon!
Chris
Karen R
“Best part of our trip!”
Reviewed November 12, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

First I will start off by saying I NEVER write reviews about places... Ever. Mainly because if we are staying somewhere it is because we have other things planned and where I lay my head down at night is not very important. However, this place was so perfect I had to share our experience. I've stayed in 5 cabins previously in Gatlinburg but this was my first time going with just one other person (my boyfriend) and it was his first time there. So, as it states.. It is small. But PERFECT for 2 people. 4 people if you don't mind sleeping on a sleeper sofa.
The bedroom was comfortable with clean fresh sheets and enough spare blankets/pillows to accommodate even the pickiest sleepers.
The kitchen has every basic necessity you would need and the washer and dryer was an awesome bonus.
The bathroom was easily my favorite part. It is HUGE and the heater on the wall made it so nice getting out of the shower into a warm bathroom.
We didn't use the tub but it looked clean and we probably would have soaked in it if there was no hot tub... But the hot tub was the best way to relax after a long day of walking around downtown... Which is seriously a very easy drive (or trolley ride!) Away.
It is easy to find... I'm awful at directions but thankfully the neighbor was outside and helped us find it.
Also... Chris (the owner) was amazing. I texted him multiple times with questions (wifi password, etc) and he was always available and quick to respond even before we were there. Such a nice guy and you can tell he really cares about the property.
Sorry if this review was scattered but I cannot say enough good things about this cabin! We are already talking about when we will be back! Thanks so much!

Nov 13, 2017
Thank you all SO much for staying with us! We truly hope you come back again! Thanks again!-Chris
Chris D
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Please refer to their Facebook page regarding the “renovations” being done at the cabin - we are the guests mentioned in the post. I believe my exact words were, “It looks like there was a three day party in here, someone ran a vacuum over the carpet and called it good.” My wife and I’s initial reaction as we parked was less than stellar, but we reserved judgment until we saw the rest of the cabin. The front door had dirty handprints all over and what appeared to be several attempts to hide problem areas with spray paint that less than matched. I’ve seen toddler finger paintings that put that door to shame. We made our way to the bedroom and the realization that we had made a mistake with our booking was setting in. The wall on both sides of the bed had fluids that had rundown and dried to the drywall, its origin unknown. The bedspread had something dried and crusted over on it. It had an uncanny resemblance to cat puke. The dresser had no finish left on the top and looked like it had soaked up about 2 gallons of water. The bathroom walls, not to be outdone by the bedroom, looked like a large dog shook itself dry and splattered the surrounding area. The wall behind the toilet even had a shoe print on it. There wasn’t a wall in the cabin that didn’t have some sort of stain or damage to it. The return air duct vent hadn’t been dusted in ages and we didn’t care to examine what the furnace filter may have looked like. Next stop, the kitchen. The table had food crumbs in the crevices and the floor seemed to show every spill that had ever occurred. We had forgot there were even two decks attached to this cabin. The picnic table was broke and the hot tub filters were matted and torn with a tub cover to match the condition. The soap dispensers appeared to be topped of with water rather than a refill, the blinds had dust bunnies that could be hunted with hound dogs, and the cabin smelled like someone tried to set fire to water logged firewood. Turns out, there was a half burnt failed attempt at doing just that, left in the fireplace from a previous guest. When I spoke with Chris I explained issues and he offered to send the cleaning crew out right away to remedy the problem. I stated that this isn’t a simple vacuum and bleach wipe fix, but rather what appears to be months of neglect that have created this problem. He asked if I could simply meet with the cleaning crew and show them the problems. We were not going to spend our vacation time by managing his cleaning crew while he was miles away in Florida. I initially asked for a full refund and explained that we were not interested in staying there. He said that a refund was not possible but he would send out the cleaning crew right away, again I wasn’t interested in meeting the crew that had neglected the cabin to this result. He then asked that if I could at least send him pictures and I told him that I could do that. We took pictures and spent the next two hours trying to find any vacancy in town. We were fortunate enough to take advantage of a cancellation at a hotel and gathered our things and left. We sent over the pictures the next day after we had an evening to think about the situation. When we sent the pictures, we stated that if a full refund was not available, then could you meet us in the middle somewhere. We were offered a $60.00 cleaning fee refund. $60.00 out of $660.00. He stated that the cabin was perfectly livable. I cannot argue that, it has four walls and seemed to be weather tight. It was not the livable I was arguing though, it was the acceptable. His pictures speak for themselves. We got to spend our time and money by showing him what was wrong with the cabin. When he says he depends on his guests to give him updates, believe him. Chris told me he lives in Florida and these things were out of his control. The cabin received a weeks worth of tlc and we were offered a $60.00 cleaning fee refund. By the way, The Riverhouse Inn at the Park is an amazing place to stay, a little dated but very clean and great customer service.

Oct 16, 2017
I appreciate your honesty in this review. You were honest in saying I depend on my guest to report back to me if there is something that needs to be done. I live in Florida so it’s not easy to have eyes on the cabin at all times. You were also honest in saying that I offered to send out the cleaning crew right away! We take pride in our small business and want our guest to come back! When I spoke to you on the phone you declined all offers for me to help! The pictures I requested as a last result to make you happy did show wear on the walls but our cabin stays booked over 90% of the year so any rational person would assume that there might be some imperfections and certainly scuff marks on the wall does not mean the cabin isn’t livable. As you stated in your review it was your choice to leave because the walls were just not “Acceptable” enough for you. One thing you neglected to mention in your review is that you personally told me on the phone is that you don’t use hot tubs when you go on vacation as a personal choice. So the condition of the hot tub cover does not affect its ability to keep the hot tub warm so that shouldn’t have even been an issue for you but apparently you made it an issue for the sake of this review. When you refused to allow our cleaning staff to come back and make things right with the issues that could be fixed at that very moment (Bed Spread and the Dust) the decision to leave was all yours so a refund was not warranted. You were also honest in saying that the pictures I posted on our Facebook page “Speak for themselves” and we are proud of that! We take pride in our cabin and make things right in a timely fashion when our guests have concerns! You told us what needed to be fixed, we sent out a painting crew the very next day that did an amazing job on the cabin. We immediately replaced the broken pic nick table the very next day as well and as last measure to make sure our cabin is up to par we have booked flights up next week to come up and personally inspect the cabin. If our cleaning staff needs to be replaced because of this incident then that’s what will happen! I encourage all of our future guest to visit our Facebook page to look at the updated freshly painted cabin and see for yourselves that we do take your concerns seriously and will fix any issues within our power but there is little we can do when you refuse to let us help!
jjrkids
Delphi, Indiana
“Owl's Nest”
Reviewed September 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The owls nest booked through Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg was the best. Privacy, hot tub, single room cabin, perfect for couple get a way or honeymoon. Staff was great to work with, amenities were wonderful, will rent this cabin again.

Your age range 50-64
Little Rock, Mississippi
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Sep 2, 2017
Im glad you had a great time!, Hope you come back and stay again! Next eclipse is in 2020 I think? ;)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing