All reviews hairpin turns ober gatlinburg indoor pool long stay no elevator drive minutes stayed in building coat of paint hot tub nightly rate living room full kitchen spent nights black beans welcome center paper towels gatlinburg area
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I booked a unit thru VRBO after finding one much cheaper than Priceline, so I can’t speak of that process. We enjoyed our Memorial Day stay. (Our condo was nicely appointed but my husband peaked into our neighbor’s one day and said it was completely different).
I grew up in WV so I thought I was prepared for the road up but it even got me- my dad joked you needed oxygen and a Sherpa guide to get to the top.
The outside of the building could use a coat of paint but we very much enjoyed the outside pool and loved the indoor pool and hot tubs.
Lastly, my sister had to sprint past a black bear eating out of the dumpster on her way in the first day, so I suppose she got the true Smoky Mountains experience!

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Sara N
Reviewed April 17, 2018

It really depends on what you’re looking for... if you are in the area for a long stay and plan to spend a lot of time in the room, this may not be best. We were not in the room much, came for the scenery and enjoyed the Smoky Mountains! We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.
The road up to it is windy and takes probably 10 minutes for a few miles, but you really are on top of the mountain. It is right off of the Gatlinburg Bypass. Great view of Gatlinburg and Ober Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: We could hear the people above us walking in their room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy P
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

We spent a few days with friends that have a vacation club through Plan With Tan. This was the condo available in the Gatlinburg area. The Summit of Gatlinburg needs lots of updating. Electric outlets are in poor shape and carpeting was worn. Walls need paint. The entryway was dirty upon our arrival and the condo itself could use a serious cleaning. We were basically there to sleep so we managed.
The road to reach the condo was unreal. Very twisty and narrow and no guide rails with big drop offs on both sides.
I would not choose to stay here in the future.
One further odd occurrence was while we were out someone came into the condo. The first time a welcome note was placed on a table. The second time someone came in to repair a toilet paper holder. That would have been fine except our friends that rented the place weren’t notified.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank Susan E
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We were there last week for spring break 2018. Stayed in room 1107 which is a 2 bedroom; 2 bathroom unit. Was fully updated and great. I’d return to the Aquarium and to Akeesta which takes you to the top of the mountain and has canopy bridges and tree houses for the kids . It was us and our 5 /2 year old son. Lots to do in town and in the surrounding towns

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikegirl_73
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a small room that was nice, the kitchen was definitely outdated. It really depends on what you’re looking for... if you are in the area for a long stay and plan to spend a lot of time in the room, this may not be best. It does have an indoor and outdoor pool with hot tubs, which was nice. The road up to it is windy and takes probably 10 minutes for a few miles, but you really are on top of the mountain!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple