“Old hotel, but good price and location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Town House Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Royal Town House Motel
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Georgia
“Old hotel, but good price and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This isn't, by far, the nicest hotel in Gatlinburg, but it gets the job done well. The prices per night were great for our budget. The staff were extremely helpful and nice! The check in process was very smooth! The bathrooms, at least in our room, are very small and not tall-people friendly. There was no ironing board, or hair dryer, but that's not something I have to have on a trip. Overall we had a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elyse_farris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed March 7, 2014 at this hotel and will never return. The room smelled terrible and had no supplies...shampoo or hair dryer. They did have 2 bars of soap and a coffee pot to make single servings. There was a refrigerator in the room but it was not cold enough to store my husbands insulin. The TV had some channels but most were so fuzzy you could not watch. We also could hear the people above us walking around. The AC/heat was a loud old model hanging up high on the wall. I had to carry a chair over and climb up to adjust the temperature. Not very safe.

We are elderly and maybe not very observant. When leaving the next morning an unkempt man stopped us. We were kind of frightened. He told us if we did not stop by the office and tell them we had a dog (a 5 lb. chihuahua) they would call the police because they did not allow pets. When I stopped at the office another male was yelling at me as I walked in about my dog. I explained I did not realize they did not accept pets. He did point a sign out to me. He demanded $100 and I refused. When I left he was yelling I am calling the POLICE. I understand now they have a not pet policy but there is no need to yell and scare me. A few days later a $75 charge appeared on my bank account from Royal Townhouse. So they must have charged the "pet fee" without my consent, If you stay here do not use a card!!!!!

All in all this was a scary stay for us. We did not feel safe around the two males that morning. I am to frightened to even call and challenge the charges since they have all my info.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Imso S
Waynesville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

stayed 2 days in September and we loved every minute of it, parking was great, walk to any place we wonted to go, the staff was really nice to us, we will be back. and we loved the roof top over looking Gatlinburg it was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank doug s
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed this clean and friendly accommodation 11/12-13/2013. This is an older motel, so if you need modern aesthetics, this is not your place. If you need simple, spacious, clean, comfortable and value priced, you have hit the jackpot! This was perfect for my needs, is convenient to everything in downtown Gatlinburg and was an absolute bargain. I have stayed at the expensive Park Vista during my last three visits and from now on will give the Royal Town House first consideration!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ken M
Gurley, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days over the weekend. It is an older hotel that does need renovations, but it was nice and clean, staff were friendly and helpful. We have decided to make this hotel our place to stay for each trip to Gatlinburg. The only downfalls were that they didn't give you the shampoo samples along with the bars of soap and we didn't find out till we were checking out that the do have hair dryers but they are kept in the office and you have to request it. The other thing is the television was fuzzy but watchable (but who goes on vacation to sit and watch tv anyways). I would highly recommend Royal Townhouse to anyone looking for a cheap but clean place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor in the back facing the strip have a beautiful view of the mountai...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keri M
Bucks, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have stayed at the royal townhouse many times. Recently stayed again for several
Nites. The prices are great, the location is perfect, the staff are always friendly and helpful.
I love to sit on the rooftop and enjoy the wonders of Gatlinburg. Even though it is an older
Property, it is always clean, neat and nice. Parking is tricky, but once parked you can walk
The streets of Gatlinburg easily and get anything you want. I hope they are always here
To stay at. We love It!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DMC714
Belmont, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and myself, went up late one evening our normal place had closed. The Royal Town House was open with double beds only. We got into our room it was very musty smelling, we got ready for bed layed down to watch TV it worked but no cable so only fuzz. Then as I was laying there I smelt a aweful smell it was the BED if smelt like FISH!! we quickly changed beds as it was 330AM. then at 5AM the PIPES started shaking from our neighbors using thier restrooms. The shower nozzle came down to my chest so in order to shower you had to bend down I am 5.5 my husband is taller, so that was award for him. I complained at check out which we did by 830AM. the only thing the clerk said was SORRY have a good day, we will never stay there again or even tell a friend to stay there.

Room Tip: can't give any tips for this place at all
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple