“Don't pass this up!”

Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't pass this up!”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This was my second time staing in this hotel. My husband jokes and calls me a "hotel snob" because I will not stay in a hotel that I do not like the "looks" of. We usually only stay in newer high-priced hotels because I refuse to stay in anything less. This hotel is a gem once you get inside of your room. The views are limited because of the closeness of the Gatlinburg Convention Center, but we were in town at a function held at the Convention Center so the proximity was perfect for us. On this last stay we stayed in the Executive Suite, this is a beautiful updated room with kitchen and sitting area. We had ample room, good service, friendly staff, and great housekeeping. Don't let the outside and the hallways fool you! Ask for a newly remodled room and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We came and the hotel was not real busy. at first we were very worried because all the other hotels we saw were very full. But once we got to our room we were very pleased. The desk clerk offered us the chance to upgrade our room to a suite for a few more dollars so we did and it was a great decision. You would no expect this beautiful room in this motel. It didnt appear to fit. The hallways were a strange surface...not my choice of decor but not awful. We jusst enjoyed having the option to get a suite and it was nice. We were told about the new arts and crafts shops at carousel gardens that the owners of the hotel recently opened. So despite a busy schedule we made time to visit and we were shocked. It was gorgeous. We bought two paintings to take home to celebrate our stay and look forward to another visit in the fall. We didnt have time to eat at the new restaurant Sweetpea's Cafe but our family did and they went on and on how great it was.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Duffield, Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We wanted to try somewhere new, besides Hampton or Clarion. We like that end of town. The place was very outdated, musty smelling. We didn't know till we tried. Never again

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bdkitkel
Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2009

The room was ok, but the outside and entrance to the building units could have been much cleaner that`s for sure. The room was average, but the service we received was the worst ever. My wife and I ended up with a room where the heat would not cut itself off like it should and after complaining to management on 2 different occasions. They still did nothing. So we spent 2 miserable nights there having to open the pation door off & on just to be able to sleep. And since it was the Christmas Parade weekend, moving to another motel wasn`t an option as everything else was full at the time. After returning home I wrote to the owner and received a $25.00 off a nights stay certificate if we would give them another chance. Well after those 2 miserable nights, that was more of an insult to us than anything else. I returned the certificate and wished them good luck with their properties. Because if their guests mean no more to them than this, their going to need it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tennbass

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Dirty smelly sleazy and a bit creepy more or less exactly what you would expect in Gatlinburg. But it was fairly cheap.

Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank strewelpeter
Newry
Reviewed July 4, 2008

This was an excellent hotel the staff were friendly and most important the hotel was clean. They really did look after us.

• Liked — friendly
  • Disliked — pool not heated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Independence KY
Reviewed June 30, 2008

My night started with an employee spitting off a balcony right on the top of my car & thank God HER SPIT BALLS didnt land on my kids. Right then I should've left but I didnt. I stayed 1 night at this hotel & that was 1 night too many. I will never stay at this place AGAIN. It was dirty, noisy, had filthy carpet & the hotel was completely outdated. The room had broken vertical blinds with a spotlight right outside my room. The blinds kept no light out of the room & I think they gave me and my family a used room. The bed wasnt made & the air conditioner was so loud it sounded like a train in my room. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

• Liked — the location on Gatlinburg strip
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank elvisnky