“great front desk employees”
Review of Reagan Resorts Inn

Reagan Resorts Inn
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Gaffney
“great front desk employees”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we have stayed at the Reagan Inn many times in the past and John on the 1st shift and lady on the 3rd are two of the nicest people. They are always there for you no matter what you need. Love the people and the location. we always try to stay at the Reagan Inn everytime we go to Galtinburg,Tenn

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Walter Y, General Manager at Reagan Resorts Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much! We work very hard to provide guest services. We will pass your kudos on to John and Linda. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Burnsville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I often go to Gatlingburg for a quick getaway with the girls or hubby, and we stay at the Reagan Resort. I also send lots of friends and family to this hotel. The staff are aways so helpful and friendly. I recently wanted to update my sister and brother-in-laws room from a King Standard to a King Jacuzzi suite and again I was treated with outstanding service. Thanks go to all the staff there and the front desk people that I have called at the last minute always are on their toes with top notch service. Kudo's to Linda, John and Lisa for all their help in the past and all the help in the future stays at this hotel which will be many many time.....
So if you are looking for a convenient and safe hotel that is owned and operated by local friendly people this is the place for you, your family & friends.

Carolyn from NC

Room Tip: They are upgrading rooms sections at a time so ask for one of the upgraded rooms... the king jacuzzi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks! Hope to see you again soon!
Seymour, Tennessee
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Reagan Resort Inn during the clogging convention. We stayed 3 nights, the room is very average but clean. The 1st night we had very noisy neighbors called to complain and talked to there sister property that took care of it. I did say something to the guy at the front desk the next day and he had a talk with them and we had no more problems. We also ran into a parking problem and the same guy moved his car for me but I could not fit so I had to park at the Four seasons a block down which is their sister property, which was not a big deal. The continental breakfast is ok but there is a Flap Jacks next door and the food is great. Very close to everything,convention center next door. The guy at the front desk names is John and he can tell you anything you need to know about the area , he is also the one that helped us out all weekend. He is very friendly and helpful. We will probably stay again just because of the great service we received.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Walter Y, General Manager at Reagan Resorts Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your good experience at the Reagan Inn. I will pass your positive feedback on to John. Thanks again!
muscle shoals,al
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at the Reagan for the CYC convention (Feb 2013) which was next door to the Gb convention center. To be fair, the room was clean and neat and larger than some but screamed late 1960's. The curtain over the sliding glass door going to balcony (that afforded a view of a vine covered wall) was literally hanging off and stained. The bathroom no doubt had it's original decor of avacado green tile walls and the heat lamp in the ceiling. This room would be perfect on the set of "The Brady Bunch". The staff were very polite and helpful and the breakfast was tolerable. The only advantage that I can give this hotel is it's location which puts the patron in easy walking distance to many attractions of downtown Gb (believe it's at redlight #8). However there is no microwave and the mini fridge made a noise similar to a small engine plane revving up for take off. For a few dollars more, better accomadations can be found.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Walter Y, General Manager at Reagan Resorts Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks for your comments. As you note, the location is highly advantageous, especially if one is attending an event at the Convention Center, since the Reagan Resorts Inn is literally right next door to the South. We are also pleased that you found the staff polite and helpful. We work very hard to ensure that all our guests have good experiences interacting with any of our associates. We will certainly take a look at the breakfast to see what might be feasibly improved. We are moving to update the decor, which in fact dates from the late seventies/early eighties. That would include, of course, replacing things like worn-out curtains and continuing to work to make sure that our appliances are in good repair. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

great location just South of the middle of downtown GB. Easy walk to anywhere. Good parking in garage. It is right beside the convention center, so if something is going on it can be very busy. 1st floor rooms can be noisy w/ the tiled comon area & hallway. Our room was spacious & clean. Nice little patio by the pool tho no direct access (too cold anyway). Some renovations have helped a lot. New paint, fixtures, doors, ceiling fans, carpet, & tile etc. Beds still a little dated. Tv too. Like any other older hotel/motel in the Smokies, a good deep cleaning overall would go a long way. Very good rates via Expedia etc & also can get as good or better by calling (like most in GB). Had a good stay & will give it another shot next trip to GB.

• Stayed February 2013
Walter Y, General Manager at Reagan Resorts Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your nice review. Thank you!
Flat Rock, Alabama, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was a nice, inexpensive hotel that is in a great location. We stayed two nights and thought it was very clean, and the staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. They had a free breakfast which included waffles, cereal, and pastries. Overall it was a great place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone and we will stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Walter Y, General Manager at Reagan Resorts Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Appreciative of your nice review, Thanks!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have many comments to make in regards to this Inn....
Upon arrival, I was informed by the front desk that my reservation did not exist. I was offered one of there last rooms which was a king,and not the equivalent of my original reservation. Since we were in Gatlinburg for a cheerleading competition and most of my daughter's teammates were staying at this hotel, we decided to take what they could give us. However, I had paid a deposit when I made my original reservation and needed to be reimbursed for that. The ladies at the front desk were of no help at all. All they could say was "sorry." I even showed them an electronic version of my bank statement showing that the Reagan Resorts Inn had taken out a specified amount on September 9, 2012. It didn't phase them one bit. The next morning I went back to the front desk in hopes that a new person could help me. All he could say was "We're not perfect m'aam!" He did allow us to change rooms at that point. My husband and I decided to check out the new room before we packed up and moved our stuff. I'm glad we waited... The room was even more outdated than the original room we were given. So my husband went back to the front desk and was offered another room. He decided to check it out first and to his surprise, when he unlocked and opened the door, the cleaning staff was in the room, sitting around eating chicken from Bojangles! Unbelievable!!!! So we turned down that room as well. In the end, we were offered a free night's stay for our troubles. We laughed at the offer! NO THANK YOU!!!! We just wanted our original deposit back but they would not do that. In my eyes, the management there are nothing but a bunch of under-educated crooks. My money was stolen out of my bank account and no one there was a bit concerned. I can't recommend this place to anyone. Such a horrible experience!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends