Rocky Waters Motor Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$60
GardenInn.com
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$199
$170
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$71
$109
$106
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$169
$972
getaroom.com
All reviewsthe riverhillbilly golffalling asleepparking spottrolley stopprivate balconycovered parkingcoffee makerbed was comfortablemini fridgeup to datefireplacestripfirewoodattractionsaquariumdan
Reviewed March 3, 2011

we booked a room 2 months in advance we arrived and microwave and fridge did not work...screen on back door was torn out ..back door glass was nasty had face prints and lip prints all over it ..carpets were so dirty our sockd were black...and the place just stunk then we found mold all over the wood under and around the fridge...called and wanted another room or money back at 11 oclock at night gave us a new room didnt offer us a sorry or a free night nothing for our trouble mind u had to move our sleeping 2 year old around thru this!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank foxbryan22
Reviewed December 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The staff was very nice at check-in. The property is an older property but still in fairly good condition. Upon entering the room, it was clean. We checked the mattresses and there were no sign of bugs. The room is also a bit dated with minor maintenance problems, but again, very clean, which is the most important thing for us. I would describe the room as rustic. The walls are lined with wood, there is a private balcony, and I feel like it hasn't changed much since the 70's. The heat worked well, the wireless internet was quick and easy to connect to, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and well lit. The room is right off the main road, but once you get in the room, you don't hear much noise. It is a bit of a walk to downtown, but not too bad. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Decor was outdated. The bed was unusually high and bouncy. The tile in the bathroom floor was buckled and uneven. Things just appeared to be generally not well maintained. The hotel is in a part of town where a lot of businesses have closed. You have to walk some distance to get to the heart of Gatlinburg's business district.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAS-PGH
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Rooms were outdated with vingcard locks and old furniture. Traffic noise was deafening, Staff was very rude and desk clerk made the comment that she could not believe that we got the room for what we did, she would have quoted us much more. You have to walk to a separate building for the continental breakfast which consisted of a muffin or a biscuit and was not worth the walk. The pool was gross. The hottub that someone had commented on before had been boarded up. The view over the creek was directly above the sewer line that ran along the side. For $115 a night, we could have done much better and we have before. We decided to sleep in the car next time before staying there again. lol

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annanbobbyjoe
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I wasn't sure what to expect from this motel from the mixed reviews. I am a well traveled person and am pretty picky. I will say that this is not the Ritz - so don't expect it. The rooms are outdated and they definitely could use a remodeling, but they are clean and comfortable. Our room had a microwave, fridge, very clean bathroom and clean beds. I checked for bugs - of course - and there were none. There is a screened window that you can open at night to hear the water outside, which is very nice for sleeping. All in all - this motel is a great budget option. I prefer the location because it's not directly downtown. It's about a two block walk to downtown Gatlinburg - and if the walk is too much you can take the trolley. I think that if we were to stay directly downtown traffic would have been unbearable - so to me this was a good location. Easy in and easy out.

Now for the city itself - I think it's very touristy and super congested. Also restaurants are very expensive - so feeding a large family will cost you. I wanted a quick get away that was a bit more secluded - so the next time I visit I will probably rent a cabin in the hills somewhere nearby - but if you just want to check out Gatlinburg and the national park - this is a great option.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends