1,071 results
All reviews front porch rocking chairs historic hotel rocky top chair lift middle of town sausage links ski lift corner room can't beat the location family suite hot breakfast donuts the location is perfect biscuits and gravy an older hotel free breakfast
Reviewed January 18, 2015 via mobile

My husband is a die hard Hampton Inn fan and very much a hotel snob. He booked the Gatlinburg Inn after reading the reviews and took a step of faith and we are so glad we did. We were only able to stay one night this time, but absolutely will be back. The hotel and rooms are antique, but in no way run down.
There are so many quaint reading nooks and we were sad we were unable to extend our stay for longer and see more of what the inn has to offer.
There is a large stone dining type hall which would be great for meetings, reception, large family or church gatherings. There is at least one other sitting room which would be a great place to sit and relax.
The front porch has many rocking chairs and a view of the Main Street walkways - great for sitting and people watching, but far enough away that you can still have some peace and quiet.
The antique cobbled floor is beautiful.
The hotel is a landmark and a step back in time, it makes noise because it is aged, but that just adds to its charm.
Cannot wait to return :)
Bed was comfy (even the snob agreed)! Pillows are big, I always bring my own pillow :)
The hotel staff is very friendly and hospitable.
There is wifi, coffee makers in the room, complimentary toiletry essentials, great TV with good channels, hair dryer and even a bottle and wine bottle opener :)

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Annsims
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2015

AnnSims
Thank you for your recent review of The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. I am delighted to hear that you will be coming back in the future to stay with us again. We do have several areas that you can sit, relax and read a book. We also have several books in our breakfast room in case you forget your book. I look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

After experiencing our annual visit to the Gatlinburg Inn, I have come away with a new appreciation for our week long stay. Staying at any other hotel, I would not strike up a conversation with another guest. At the Inn, we sought out other guests daily to watch the bowl games during the holidays. Even when we were away strolling the local attractions, the guests recognize each other and acknowledge the same. This hotel embraces the family experience from Bunny and Glenda at the front desk to Gary the manager. We were also privileged to chat with a member of the ownership group. David took the time to explain the history of the lodge and the plans for the future. Staying at this Inn just gets better each year.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank andy54414
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

Andy54414
Welcome back! We enjoyed hosting you on your annual vacation at The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. We want our guest to feel like they are at home when they are visiting us. Yes we are one big happy family. I hope you were one of the ones taking advantage of the big screen tv located in our Pioneer Room. During bowl season we always had a crowd in there cheering for their favorite team. We have done several renovations to the inn in 2014 and have plans for more in 2015. We look forward to you coming "home" and staying with us again in 2015.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

The hotel is old but the room was large, clean, and very comfy. You can't beat the location. The staff was incredible...friendly, helpful, and over all wonderful. We had 3 kids with us and called late to see if they had a room available. I had checked other local hotels but when I mentioned wanting a suite or 2 rooms Brandon, the front desk attendant, gave me a great rate and offered a room with 3 double beds, yes 3, AND a sofa sleeper. Can't beat that! When we arrived he gave us the key and told us to check it out before we agreed to stay. Wow, what hospitality. The kids loved it too as it was a fun place to explore since it was built in 1937, if I recall correctly. Breakfast was complimentary with made to order waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. I would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in the back of the hotel overlooking the river with a view of the sky lift. Not sure if the front (facing the main road) rooms are any different but our room was VERY roomy with plenty of space.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank WSH1964

WSH1964
Thank you for your recent review of The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. Letting you to view the room before check-in allows us to find the right room for you to stay in. We want our guest to feel at home while they are staying with us at The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are visiting Gatlinburg.

Reviewed January 4, 2015 via mobile

All around awesome. Older hotel right on the Parkway strip at light #8 with great on site parking. We chose this place for the location due to me using a cane & not wanting to go to far from the hotel for the ball drop (which was across the street), restaurants and shopping. I fell in love with the place. One of the first hotels built there so it's older, but very clean & kept updated. We had a king room with a parlor. So nice. It was like an apartment. Breakfast every morning. Fireplace while you eat, coffee and cocoa all day, several lounge areas, covered porch with lots of rockers, pool, elevators or stairs. The bed was amazing & the bathroom areas very clean. The staff very sweet & helpful! I will stay there again!

2  Thank Duggans c
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2015

Duggans C
I want to thank you for ringing in the New Year with us at The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. You could not find a better place to watch the ball drop than from our property. We are very conveniently located on the parkway. I am very happy to hear that you will be staying with us at The Historic Gatlinburg Inn on your next visit to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed January 2, 2015 via mobile

We've stayed at the Gatlinburg Inn for several years. While they've updated quite a bit (continental breakfast, flat screen tv's in each room), the historic atmosphere is still there. There really is no better location if you plan on staying in Gatlinburg.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Brad S

Brads.
Thank you for your compliments on our recent upgrades to The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. It is very important to us to provide upgrades for our guest but still keep the feeling of the inn. I agree with you there is no better place to stay in Gatlinburg than with us at The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. Hope you come back and visit again in 2015.