“THEY ARE NOW IN THE 21ST CENTURY!!”
Review of Gatlinburg Inn

Gatlinburg Inn
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed October 11, 2013

just got back from our 3rd stay at the Gatlinburg Inn. It's still super clean, and has the best location in town. But now, they have WIFI, contential breakfast, and flat screen t.v.!! the breakfast area is really nice, the selection was very good. eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, make it yourself waffles, and pastries. in the past, it was really old fashioned, every thing done on paper, and the housekeeping staff wearing uniforms. now, it's more relaxed with other improvements on the way

Room Tip: they offer AARP discounts, be sure and ask.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

thomas451,
Thank you for your kind words about the Historic Gatlinburg Inn! We are trying our best to bring in some modern conveniences while keeping its historic charm! We hope that you will continue to allow us to be your home in the Smokies!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Usually when we visit Gatlinburg we stay in the mountains, in one of the large modern chalet's and visit the town. This time we decided to stay in town and we were not disappointed. The location is fantastic, the history is fantastic and the charm of staying at a hotel that time appears to have passed by(in a good way) is terrific. I haven't slept that comfortably in quite some time and I cannot wait to go back. The staff was very friendly, the place was extremely clean and all round a great experience. We could have stayed at a fancier hotel in town and had a typical travel experience but I am so glad we didn't. Thanks Gatlinburg Inn we'll see you next time!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

David T,
I'm glad that we could service you during your family's stay in Gatlinburg. I'm pleased to hear that the staff went above and beyond (as the always do) to make sure your every need was attended to in a timely manner. We are trying our best with our pending remodel to keep the charm of this location's history while updating a few things and adding a few more mordern conveniences. I hope you will come stay with us again real soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Inn was very spacious and staff very friendly and polite. We stayed in the Maples Suite which was huge, a king bed in one large room and two full size beds in another plus a third full bed in another room. We had two full bathrooms. Location in center of town was very nice. We were close to all attractions and shopping. Breakfast was good but a little work on the biskits would help. Can,t complain much it was free. Mornings were great you could watch the sun rise over the mountains. The décor was very very nice and fitting in the lobby and the room. It is a must see and stay at. When we get to go back that is where we will be staying.

Room Tip: ask for the maples suite if staying with your family
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roger Z

Roger Z,
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Gatlinburg Inn. You aren't the first to brag about the location of this hotel. It is in my opinion that we have the best location in town. You can't get any closer to the action than us. But you still have a quite "safehaven" to retreat to when it's time to lay down. Since your stay we have added several other items to our breakfast bar. And, we are about to begin the remodel in January.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

It's 6am as I lay in this comfy king bed to write this review. I am just in love with this hotel. I love all of the history here as well. We have a view of the sky lift. We sat in our rocking chairs(yes, you get rocking chairs here) out on our balcony last night. The place is older, so if you want posh and modern this isn't your place. We have what I'm assuming is around a 50 inch flat screen tv. The wifi is perfect. All bars on my phone and laptop. Prime location in the center of everything on the Parkway.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pris1972
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

pris1972,
I am glad to see that some of our initial upgrades are paying off! We just put those new mattresses and tv's in a few months ago as well as upgraded the WIFI so that it is now throughout the entire hotel. I hope we can host you and your family again in the near future! Come on back and pull up a rocking chair!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My mom and a friend from our church and I stayed at the gatlinburg inn for two nights. We liked where we stayed down in gatlinburg where you could walk to where you wanted to go. Very good breakfast and a nice room. We will be back to stay here again. Also we liked the things that were old like the organ in the front room. And we liked rocking in the rocking chairs on our balconys and on the porch facing the action people watching.

Room Tip: ask what kind of rooms you have for 3 women if you and 2 more women are going to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

edna d,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us here at the Gatlinburg Inn! I am glad to see that you were entirely satisfied with your stay. You are not alone. Most of our guests comment about how much they love the location. That, in my opinion, is one of the greatest features of this hotel. Well, that and the rocking chairs. I hope that you, your mom, and more people from your church will come and spend more time with us here at the Gatlinburg Inn!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been to Gatlinburg many times over the past 20 years, but I must say this past visit was by far the best yet. We stayed at the historical Gatlinburg Inn. It felt as if we had taken a step back in time. The classic style was cozy and the vintage furnishings were in pristine condition. The parking, bell hop, and the LOCATION were all unmatched, but the most refreshing thing about the hotel was the cleanliness!!!! Our children said the hotel was so different that it really made it feel like they had gone to a whole different city. So if you have never stayed there, you must add it to your bucket list!

Room Tip: If you are making reservations way a head of time you may be able to request a room with a great vie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BMURRELL
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

BMURRELL,
Thank you for you great review of the Historic Gatlinburg Inn! I am elated that you found your stay here with us to far exceed your standards. We have tried our best over the last few months to upgrade the property while keeping the vintage feel of this classic hotel. I am glad to see that you were impressed by the services of our Bellman. We try our best to make sure that every guests need are accomodated, including assistance with your luggage. You are not alone in that sentiment. Many of our guests comment on how nice it is to not have to worry so much about luggage after the long drive into Gatlinburg. Many agree with you on the location. Once you get here you don't have to move your car until you leave. We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Take a step back in time.....quaint hotel in the center of Gatlinburg on the parkway. If your looking for a truly unique experience...this is it! The rooms are filled with antique furniture, but they have the most comfortable beds. Our room had a balcony with 3 rocking chairs & overlooked the ski lift going up the mountain. The staff are the most wonderful people you could ever meet. The breakfast in the morning consists of the typical continental breakfast foods....but they also offer gravy & biscuits, eggs, sausage & belgian waffles. They have free wifi, big screen, etc. The only thing I had a problem with was finding the blow dryer which I found out from the desk that they are located under the sinks in the bathrooms....for some stupid reason I looked everywhere but there. In Gatlinburg I have rented chalets & hotel rooms.....not any more. I will rent from the Gatlinburg Inn from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms there for large families too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsGray2006
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

MrsGray2006,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Historic Gatlinburg Inn. We try our best to make sure that every guests needs are met promptly and with a smile! I hope you come back and stay with us again real soon!