“A sleep back in time”

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Jacksonville, Florida
“A sleep back in time”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I wish I had known about this beautiful place earlier in all my visits. This is an awesome piece of history and I would recommend staying here to anyone. The coffee is good and available day or night. Being remodeled, very comfy beds, huge adjoining rooms available. Awesome, friendly staff, pool, breakfast, right by the sky lift. Getting into and out of the parking lot can be a challenge due to foot traffic but they do have a side lot making that easier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Cherrill H
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Cherrill H,
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Inn. We are trying our best to keep it the most beautiful hotel in Gatlinburg. I am glad that you found our new bedding very comfortable. Those, along with our other recent renovations, are our way of preserving this location’s magnificent history for many generations to come!

Gary Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ok my husband and I came here to get away for a night for my birthday. We paid 140.00 for a kin room on the lower floor. Rm 107
The room was very charming and updates with lovely tile in the bathroom and nice large shower heads and stained glass light fixtures. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the sheets and comforter... Very good quality. Lots of regional handmade pottery and artwork filled the room.
Cons- it's 6:30 am as I'm writing this and my neighbors woke me up. I've heard every detail of the conversation. My husband started sneezing as soon as we walked in and His allergies flared up only while in the room .
Front desk was nice, they got us a tv remote quickly when pointed out ours was gone but had this strange conversation that tey had already stolen all the remotes and then took ours from the lobby.??
Due to location, room look and feel I'd like to recommend but it's extremely overpriced and to have such thin walls. I'm still listening instead of sleeping to the family next door make their plans for today.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Albrecht315
Albrecht315,

Thank you so much for your review of the Inn. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us despite the little bit of noise trouble. We do pride ourselves in the beauty of Room 107 and we can't wait until all of our rooms look like it. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I visited Gatlinburg 7/26-7/28/2013. The original hotel that I booked, canceled my reservation and left without any accomodations. Frustatedly, I called my General Manager at the hotel where I work and she referred me to the Gatlinburg Inn. There, they took great care of me and my two daughters. The location is awesome and management was even better. they took me in as if they were the ones that screwed up my reservations. I can't thank them enough!!!! Complimentary breakfast, parking, and wifi!!! I will definitely visit again, soon!

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LaVonna H
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
LaVonna H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Gatlinburg Inn! I am so glad that we could help you out. Many of our guests to comment on how much they love our location. From here you can walk to anywhere in Gatlinburg. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found this Inn by chance, and I'm so glad I did. The rooms and pool area was all clean. Location and staff were great. Great views of downtown and the mountains, walking distance to everything. Me and my sister really enjoyed the feeling like you were back at grandmas house. Coffee was made fresh regularly, which is nice for coffee drinkers! Nice front porch to sit and rock. All in all really nice place to stay.

2 Thank Tcfreak
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Tcfreak,

Thank you for your review of the Inn! We enjoyed having you! We are glad as well that you found us, even if it was by chance. We try our very best to insure that our facility is the cleanest in Gatlinburg. I’m very pleased that you and your sister enjoyed your stay. Come back and have a cup of fresh coffee with us, only this time it won’t be by chance.

Hope to see you soon!

Mount Olive
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and absolutely LOVE it!!! Yes it is old, yes it smells old, yes it is very very dated and allllll those qualities make it so special! We wanted to spend our mini vacation with a feeling like we were actually somewhere and we achieved that at this inn! The staff is incredibly sweet and the nostalgic feeling is priceless!!! Our suite so so clean and beautiful! Please Gburg Inn if you renovate please don't try to make it more modern! My husband and I love it and I beards so many patrons bragging on this place! It matches the old times feeling perfectly with Gatlinburg! Our little girl love it just as much and had a field day running down the hallways with the vintage carpet! We love it....hands down! If you want to get away from the "norm" and actually feel like you are in a piece if history than go go go!!! This place is perfect just the way it is!
Thank you Gatlinburg Inn...true southern hospitality at its finest :-)))

3 Thank Steven J
Steven J,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Inn. We pride ourselves in the history behind this gem that beats with the heart of Gatlinburg. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I’m not sure if it was open or not at the time of your stay, but we have a model room that shows how things are going to look after we finish remodeling. We are going to give it a facelift while still keeping its southern charm. We are adding a few modern amenities (new mattresses, flat screens, Wi-Fi, etc.) while keeping the vintage furniture and including the history in each room.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. What can I say? Each one of them loves the Inn and treats you as if you were a guest in their own home. Thank you for your stay with us at the Gatlinburg Inn and we look forward to seeing you again!

Gary Bailey.
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel on a Sunday evening after deciding to extend our Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg weekend by a day. We knew there were chain hotels in town, but wanted the 'Gatlinburg experience' of an older, non-chain place.

Checkin was very fast and friendly. The decor of the hotel is dated, very much 1960s-70s carpet and wallpaper and panelling in the rooms. Depending on what you are looking for this could either add to the quaintness or make the place look tired and dated. For us it added to the experience, though I'm not sure I'd want to stay longer than one night.

Though 'dated' the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was more modern with the room and perfectly in line with our expectations. The room had a flat screen TV that was larger than the ones I've had in four and five star hotels recently. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, so even though we had a balcony the view was of the lower level roof and a back street.

Overall our stay was a nice break from corporate hotels and for better or worse, fit perfectly with the character of Gatlinburg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nickpilot
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
NickPilot,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Gatlinburg Inn! We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. Seeing as we are the oldest standing hotel in Gatlinburg we pride ourselves in our Inn and try to make it the best “Gatlinburg Experience” for our guests. As I am sure you were told by our staff, beginning later this year we are going to begin some renovations to “modernize” the Inn while keeping its historic charm. We are glad that you were pleased with your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a hotel for one night and decided to stay at the Gatlinburg Inn, what a great place to stay. yes it is a little outdated if you are looking for something fancy but we were not. the location is wonderful, everything was so clean and we loved the history behind it. we will definitely be back again and can't imagine staying anywhere else. the staff is very friendly and so professional. They make you feel at home.We cannot wait to come back.

1 Thank Rebe73
Rebe73,

Thank you for choosing the Gatlinburg Inn to be your home in the Smokies! We appreciate your outstanding accolades to our Inn. We pride ourselves in her historical beauty and significance. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Inn, and we can’t imagine not having you back!