“Noisy kids :(” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gatlinburg Inn
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Noisy kids :(”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am 33 with 2 girls and make them respect others, I wish other parents thought the same way. My fiancé and I stayed here for New Years (great location) but both nights the family above us allowed their children to run back and forth above us, this is a old establishment so noise travels badly, very irritating as someone trying to sleep and keep in mind this was happening at almost midnight the 30th and 1am the 31st so not being a stick in the mud. The staff was awesome I loved that they greeted you as you come and went. I hate to see this place go but we was told this was the last time it would be open for a while :( new owners are "updating" as a new customer the old look and feel is better than a flat screen, fridge or coffee makers. I enjoyed coffee with the staff in the mornings!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Adwaters79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and two young adult sons stayed here for one night in December. We have been to Gatlinburg many times so we decided to try a hotel that we had never stayed at before. We got a "family suite" which was basically two rooms that shared a bathroom in the middle. This hotel is a nostalgic experience. It was built in 1937 and rennovated once, in 1964. I felt like I had stepped back to the Gatlinburg of 50 years ago. The hotel was very clean, but obviously old and out of date. It smelled like an old book. The beds were ok, the TVs were old, and the carpet and furniture worn. The walls, both interior and exterior were thin allowing us to hear muffled sounds all night.
However, the location is perfect. You can park for free and never move your car if you want to explore Gatlinburg. The ladies at the front desk could not have been nicer. They seemed so genuine and cared that you enjoyed yourself. The hotel is like a historical landmark. In its day, this hotel was the place where all of the VIPs stayed. It is virtually unchanged since that time, which gives it a unique aire. It was nice to stay there for a night, but I am not sure I would want to stay there for much longer.
If you are into older buildings with a history, you should stay here at least once. If you are looking for a modern hotel with all of the amenities, this is not for you.

Room Tip: The family suite was only about $20 more than a standard room and provide much more room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank ltdan_o
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was having a difficult time finding a hotel directly on t e parkway. I dismissed this location because they normally close at the end of October. But, by accident I checked and found they stay open until January 1st this season. We even got the same room as last year.(380). Chuck and his staff make you feel right at home. Yes, they do have wifi. It will not reach all the way to room 380 but anywhere closer, it was fine.
We will be back next season.

Room Tip: third floor rooms at the back are best for quietness
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank andy54414
Adairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Gatlinburg inn and it was one of the nicest hotels in Gatlinburg.The service was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip there. It is a place where you feel at home away from home.It was a memorable experience . Thank You

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Grasshopper9630
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Next time you're in Gatlinburg give it a try! It is a little expensive but the location and cleanliness make it well worth it!! The parking was great. Nice family place to stay!! The front desk was very friendly and helpful too!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank kentuckyguy10
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel was built in 1940, and I can't tell if it has really been updated since then. I reserved a room for 2 nights at the last minute in late October for 147.00, which to me was an incredible deal. The ladies behind the counter could not have been nicer, but the night security guard needs a few lessons in customer service. He asked me several times if I had a reservation and luckily I had a copy of my cancelled check. They keep the parking lot locked. I thought this could be solved by giving him a list of late check-ins with last name and make and model of car, then he would know who to expect.
The room had an old smell that I could handle but my friend found unpleasant. There are no hair dryers, fridges, microwaves, or coffee makers in the room. They have the best towels I have ever used at a hotel, period. The room was small but had a nice little balcony. The TV was older, but we weren't there to watch TV.
The guests were very kind, because we were probably the youngest customers in the hotel! (I'm in my 40s so that tells you something.)
Overall, I'd probably stay there again. My parents love it because it's close to everything, and I agree. It also sits back from the main drag so it's actually kind of quiet.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Goldieprawn
charleston,sc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

It was ok for one night you can walk to everything in gatlinburg .. The other reviewers that say no food allowed are wrong they don't care if you bring food in but there is no fridge in room so no cold stuff all and all good for one night

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple