“Had an enjoyable stay!”
Review of Gatlinburg Inn

Gatlinburg Inn
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Next time you're in Gatlinburg give it a try! It is a little expensive but the location and cleanliness make it well worth it!! The parking was great. Nice family place to stay!! The front desk was very friendly and helpful too!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank kentuckyguy10
There are newer reviews for Gatlinburg Inn

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel was built in 1940, and I can't tell if it has really been updated since then. I reserved a room for 2 nights at the last minute in late October for 147.00, which to me was an incredible deal. The ladies behind the counter could not have been nicer, but the night security guard needs a few lessons in customer service. He asked me several times if I had a reservation and luckily I had a copy of my cancelled check. They keep the parking lot locked. I thought this could be solved by giving him a list of late check-ins with last name and make and model of car, then he would know who to expect.
The room had an old smell that I could handle but my friend found unpleasant. There are no hair dryers, fridges, microwaves, or coffee makers in the room. They have the best towels I have ever used at a hotel, period. The room was small but had a nice little balcony. The TV was older, but we weren't there to watch TV.
The guests were very kind, because we were probably the youngest customers in the hotel! (I'm in my 40s so that tells you something.)
Overall, I'd probably stay there again. My parents love it because it's close to everything, and I agree. It also sits back from the main drag so it's actually kind of quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Goldieprawn
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It was ok for one night you can walk to everything in gatlinburg .. The other reviewers that say no food allowed are wrong they don't care if you bring food in but there is no fridge in room so no cold stuff all and all good for one night

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samanthaloveslorenzo
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

This establishment is clearly meant to reach out to the older community. They accept AARP for discounts. This building is VERY old looking, very antiquish. The room I had had a king size bed, bathroom, a tv (not flat screen), and a small couch. It smelled funny as well. The bed only came with 3 down pillows and when we came back from walking the strip, there was no one available to get a couple extra pillows. We both slept awful. But in the plus side, it's very quiet!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Ktek515619
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while exploring Gatlinburg. the hotel is 75 years old, nice. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Southern belles with Southern hospitality. The location is perfect and the security guard helps keep "unwanteds" out. Parking is a real issue in town, this hotel has plenty. Wifi was available albeit kind of slow. There is no breakfast but coffee is available at the check in desk. Room was clean but kind of dusty. There was a smell in the room that I can't describe, not musty, not moldy, just there. Bed was comfortable but needs new pillows. Shower was great! No water saver heads here. View from the balcony overlooked the main strip but is kind of too far back from road to get good view. They have a heated pool, very nice , but the SkyLift goes right over it, not much for privacy. I personally don't want to be in a pool with hundreds of people going over my head. $72 a night is comparable with other hotels in area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NY-HAWGMAN
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I liked this hotel. If you are looking for a blast to the past this is your pick. The furniture and decor was dated all the way back to the 1930's. They last renovated in the 1960's but don't let that fool you, it was very clean. I was most pleased that there wasn't hardly a dust piece to find or mold. Surprising for an older hotel I know! There is no wi-fi that I am aware of or free breakfast, but there is coffee in the lobby and two sweet ladies at the counter. The older security guard was a little annoying due to the parking, because once I pulled in.....there he was. He was very firm about making sure I was going in to check in. He even asked me three different times before I checked in fully if that was my car. I'm sorry but if you can't remember who's car is who's, especially since they've only been to the car and to the front desk in a 10 time period, it's time to retire. I can understand they don't want just anyone parking there and need the space for the hotel guests, but lighten up a little. That was my only complaint. Again the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and they provided little toiletries in the bathroom that I haven't seen in modern hotels. I'm not sure I'll stay again since I am an American and feel that I need a little wi-fi and free breakfast. Forgive me!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nicoleo1985
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed in many of the motels up and down the strip, none compare to the friendliness that you will find here. It is a step back in time , I loved all the antiques, and the room was extremely clean. We will definately go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family