“LOVED IT!”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 9, 2014

WE had stayed here about 15 years ago and boy, were we in for a surprise! They had undergone a complete renovation and all the rooms were perfect! I called while we were on the way to Gatlinburg because we had stayed there and I had a coupon in one of those travel books that you pick up a gas station and I am glad I did. The rate they quoted me before I told them I had a coupon saved me $20.00.. so by all means pick one of those up. We only thought we were staying one night but, we had so much fun, we decided to stay another night. They only had one room available at the time and because we were traveling with another couple, we needed another room.The lady at the front desk called 10 places looking for me another place to stay{How many places would do that?} While I was standing there, another room became available! We had to move rooms, but that was no inconvenience to us. We loved this place, they had a great hot breakfast. You can ask for the creekside or a mountainside room...I had to opt for a mountainside both times. I have stayed there when you stayed on the creekside and it is very nice! You can open your doors to your balcony and hear the running water which is devine! They also have a new program, which if you stay there, three different times, your fourth stay is on them! I loved everything about this stay and can't wait to go back! You are staying right in downtown Gatlinburg and can walk to everything!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thegrayhair
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We're glad your stay was enjoyable and look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a jacuzzi suite next to the mountain side. Beautiful! Loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Such a beautiful place and friendly workers! Very close to everything but not too close. Very quiet. Will be coming back very soon! Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Larry B
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room with a Jacuzzi and I appreciate your comments. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel has the perfect mix of location, view from city side balcony, nice clean rooms, parking arrangements (parking garage), and included decent breakfast. The staff is very helpful and will do what they can to accommodate your requests. My family only stays here and we have no desire to go anywhere else. The biggest complaint is the slow elevators, but really I am very seldom ever greatly pleased by a hotels elevators. Definitely worth waiting a few extra minutes for elevators.

Room Tip: You have to get a room on the city side if you can.
3  Thank Brian A

Thank you for your review of the Edgewater. We appreciate your patronage and your comments. We look forward to hosting a future visit for you when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a great hotel. Nice rooms with a view. Right on the river. The hotel has a parking garage which is a great bonus in Gatlinburg. Everything downtown is pretty much all in walking distance. And with free parking for guests at the hotel its a really nice set up. The rooms are always nice the staff is awesome. We have stayed there three times and never had a bad stay. This hotel is the best for being clean, kind, and value. Look no further!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side have a nice view of the river, town, and mountains.
3  Thank B I

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. Your positive comments are appreciated and we look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.
Best Regards

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great place to stay. Called to make reservations and the guy told me ahead of time that they would be about 400 youth coming on Monday for a retreat. I was grateful that i was told this in case i wanted to find another place to stay. Upon arrival everyone was nice and polite and we had no issues. I would stay here again with family as it is within walking distance of everything in Gatlinburg no need to drive around trying to find a parking spot and paying for it when you can leave it at the motel. We will be back

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing the road and was able to look out the sliding glass door at the Spac...
1  Thank synthia92
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Edgewater for your stay. I appreciate your positive comments and look forward to your continued patronage in the future when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Beautiful property, loved the parking garage, room was clean, and the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable; this was the first hotel I've stayed at that the pillow cases didn't feel like plastic, and the bed covers were fantastic. The little balconies were nice, even though we were on the mountain side of the hotel and only had trees for a view. My only complaint would have to be the bathroom. The bathroom door swung inward, and because of the bathroom's size and the way it's laid out the door barely misses the toilet. Seemed a little cramped. My kids and I stayed here 2 nights while on vacation and they can't wait to go back. Would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Allison W

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. We appreciate your comments and are always looking for suggestions to improve our property, and will pass on your remarks to our Management Staff. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The property was great, wonderful location, very nice staff, very clean rooms. We only had one complaint, there was a teen conference staying at the hotel the same time we were there. After listening to them run up and down the halls, slamming doors, yelling for over an hour, I went to the desk to see if we could change rooms. Heath at the desk could not have been more helpful! He even apologized for it taking so long! He got us a room on another floor, apologized for the trouble and ask me to call him if that didnt not rectify the situation, he was awesome and very very nice! Thanks again Heath !!!

Room Tip: definitely go for a creek view, totally worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joanie S

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I apologize for your inconvenience while you were here, and I am glad that Heath was able to move you. I will pass on your thanks to him. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon when you are next in the Gatlinburg area.