“Great Honeymoon Experience!”

Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
North Webster, Indiana
“Great Honeymoon Experience!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Edgewater Hotel was such a pleasant surprise with the friendliest people! My new wife and I were looking for a place to spend our honeymoon. We only had a few days to spend together due to our busy schedules and we wanted to spend them in one of our favorite cities, Gatlinburg. Quite honestly, we chose The Edgewater for it's location, right in the heart of the town withing walking distance to all of our favorite shops. However, we were so impressed with the hospitality we received from the staff at the Edgewater. I had done some searching online for best room rates and actually found rates slightly cheaper via Expedia than through the hotel's own site. However, my goal wasn't so much to save money as to book a honeymoon package for my wife and I. Unfortunately, there were no honeymoon packages available through the hotel so I booked through Expedia. When I did the booking I left a small note at the bottom explaining that this was our honeymoon. To our delight, the hotel had not only noticed my note upon booking, they actually went out of their way to upgrade us to a top story fireplace room with a king bed and had a welcome card for my new wife and I on the bed. To top things off, they even had two bottles of champagne and complementary wine glasses for us to keep, waiting for us in our mini-fridge. They were also so helpful with many other questions and requests we had during the week. One of the newly renovated areas is the lobby where they have the complimentary breakfast. There were no eggs on the buffet, but biscuits & gravy, sausage, fresh waffles, cereal, yogurt, and danishes were standard all three days we were there. I would recommend getting to breakfast well before the end time. My first day there I slept in and tried to catch the breakfast about 15 minutes before closing but didn't find it very fresh or replenished at that time. Of course, if worse comes to worse, you're only about two blocks away from one of the best breakfast restaurants in town, "the pancake pantry." Overall the hotel shows some age but they are in the process of making renovations and the new areas are beautifully finished. I can't wait to see what this hotel looks like in a few months when all the updates are complete. I am quite sure my wife and I will be back!

Room Tip: Street side is right on river road, basically overlooking the town but has a view of the back of man...
1 Thank Kenneth333
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay at the Edgewater. Congratulations on your wedding and I am glad you and your wife had a lovely time while here on your honeymoon. Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to hosting you again when you are next in the Gatlinburg area.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Polish first
Georgetown, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a trip to the smokies for my 30th birthday. We have always wanted to stay here because it came highly recommended to us. I am not sure it lived up to the hype. I found some of the areas to be dated, the hotel staff was not thr friendliest. Our rooms view was pretty poor. The pool area was nice, the room was okay for our stay, nothing special. It is in a pretty convenient area to everything. You could hear people slamming doors all hours of the night so that was a little irritating and made it hard to sleep. I don't know if I would stay again. I have stayed in nicer hotels in town and paid less.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelgirl0321
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate the honesty in your comments and I hope that you will consider choosing us again when travel plans bring you back to the Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg.
Upper Falls, West Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed one night in Gatlinburg and wanted something within walking distance to the shops downtown. This hotel was perfect - very centrally located. The hotel was nice enough - it met our needs for one night. The lobby was nice and the rooms were clean and furnished nicely. Our room looked over the pool area -- not much view, but it was no problem. The parking garage was a little tight for our liking, but we were thankful to have free parking downtown. The garage was not crowded, so that was a plus -- you could keep one empty space between you and the next car. Breakfast the next morning was fine - sausage biscuits, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast, apples, juice, coffee. It was not a 5-star breakfast, but it was adequate. I picked this hotel for its location and it did not disappoint. I probably would not want to stay here more than one night. It was fine and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor. There was no outside noise. Elevator was a little slow - but not bad at...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you reviewing your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad our location was convenient for your downtown needs. It is nice to not have to drive once you're in Gatlinburg. I hope you will consider us again when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.
North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Centrally located, parking garage under hotel, breakfast included. This property however badly showing its age with small rooms, tiny bathrooms, sound from the individual HVAC units make TV hard to hear and may bother some for sleep. I'd choose a newer, more modern property if I had the choice. We went for a large bridge tournament at the convention center, and accommodations within walking distance were extremely limited.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank g0lfntravel
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Edgewater during the Bridge Tournament. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I hope you will consider staying with us again during your next visit to Gatlinburg.
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel in Gatlinburg, TN, April 20-24 while participating in the Regional Bridge Tournament. The Edgewater provided all that was needed: a quiet room, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, prompt service and excellent location. We also had a heated pool which we used to loosen up stiff joints, and a small gym which we did not use at all. A bit better than a continental breakfast was included in the very reasonable price. The star was helpful and very courteous. We plan to use the Edgewater again when we return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the river and away from the Haunted Mansion.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank isabel_stout
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Edgewater. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Gatlinburg.
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at the Edgewater two weeks ago and found the facility to be very decent. My wife was at a conference, so I had the days to wander around Gatlinburg. The hotel is centrally located to all the shops, the tram and convention center. All withing walking distance. I had the breakfasts the days we were there. The first day was biscuit, gravy and sausage patties. The second day, no gravy, which I enjoyed. The breakfast was very adequate. We had no problems with the rooms. We both slept well and found the mattresses to be comfortable. Housekeeping was very efficient and we found the rooms to be clean. Other than the lack of gravy my only other note is at times the elevators could be slow; and this was not at check-out time either. But, we would stay at the Edgewater again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Edgewater. Your comments were appreciated. We look forward to hosting you and your family again when travel plans bring you back to the Great Smoky Mountains.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel from April 7th through April 10th. This was our second time staying at the Edgewater and both stays have been fantastic. First off, you cannot beat the location. It is central to everything, and the views from the elevator overlooking the beautiful river are breathtaking. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and definitely made me feel welcome. The free continental breakfast is far superior to what is offered in most hotels. The restaurant area even overlooks the river. There's even a mezzanine area offering arcade video games and a heated indoor pool. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to Gatlinburg.

4 Thank Derrick M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Edgewater. We really appreciate your positive comments and appreciate your patronage. I will pass them on to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.