The Edgewater Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$130
QualityInn
$265
$229
GardenInn.com
$245
$229
Hampton.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$108
$429
$913
Cancelon
1,054 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastparking garagemysterious mansionelevators were slowthe indoor outdoor poolthe riverwithin walking distancemountain sideyogurtthe main stripbiscuits and gravysmall balconywould stay here againgreat place to staythe room was nicespace needlerooms were very clean
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I always check trip advisor before I book a hotel. Even though I had stayed here before 10-15 years ago? I remembered it being a very nice place to stay and was kind of concerned after reading a few bad reviews. But the good reviews out weighed the bad, and there was a trip advisor special price I couldn't beat. I don't know which rooms the bad reviews stayed in, but room 502 was great. Everything was very nice and clean and in good working order. The elevators did NOT seem slow to me as several people complained about. The parking was a little tight, but we drive a mid sized SUV and had no problems parking...yet the parking lot was not full and we had plenty of room to maneuver. I can see how it might be a problem if the lot is full or if you drive a big jacked up 4 x 4 pick up. Call me unfashionable, but those who said it was out dated....hmmm? I guess I am not up on all the new home decor styles or new fashion trends because it all seemed nice to me. How arrogant can one get thinking that a hotel has to update it's decor yearly. ...I would rather them keep my cost low instead of spending unnecessary money to update to the newest fashion trends. The walls looked nice and freshly painted, carpets were clean....I guess I don't see what the previous comments meant about being out dated. My only complaint (minor) was the hair dryer was weak in both heat and blowing force. As far as previous complaints about breakfast- I can't comment on. We stayed up late and ended up sleeping ...right thru breakfast. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yellowbird92
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your positive comments referring to our parking, rooms, etc. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again on a return visit to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at The Edgewater hotel. I have wanted to stay at this hotel for sometime but , it was always booked up on the dates we were coming into Gatlinburg . I was finally able to get a room in November for a weekend getaway . The staff were super friendly, the room was great and very clean . There happened to be convention going on the weekend we were there and I was so afraid of not being able to sleep for fear of kids running up and down the hallway all night but , that wasn't the case. They put us on the 8th floor and we never heard a thing . We slept peacefully . We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Edgewater. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Edgewater in November the last 4 years. We had a beautiful room with a great view! This time we had a frieplace in our room. My husband cut off the pilot light while trying to light the fire.. we called the front desk and within minutes a very friendly maintenance man knocked on our door and had our fire going.. It was wonderful! The location is great- a very short walk across the street and we were in downtown Gatlinburg. Will definietly be back next year. We can't wait!
Stacey H

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate your continued patronage and are happy that you had excellent customer service during your stay here at the Edgewater and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were there for a family reunion, rooms were very clean and my husband said the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The service that was provided was outstanding anything needed was provided. I Love good old Southern Hospitality and the Edgewater Hotel has it. Our dinner Saturday night catered by the Hotel was fabulous. This was our second reunion at The Edgewater Hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: River side rooms can view the river and the town. Mountain side rooms may see Deer's or Bear's
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela S
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor your positive experience here at the Edgewater. I'm glad your reunion was a success and our hotel provided excellent customer service to your group. We appreciate your choosing the Edgewater and hope when you schedule your next family reunion you will again choose our hotel.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Edgewater for four nights in November 2013 for a conference related to his work. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There was a slight miscommunication (my fault) upon check-in, but it was handled in such a friendly and professional manner by the man at the reception area (Peter?). Anyway, we were impressed by the way he handled the situation and put us at ease right away. Our room was great, especially the balcony over the river and the fantastic views. The location was perfect for walking anywhere in the downtown area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeighRnc

I appreciate your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your check in experience was completed quickly and efficiently and that you enjoyed your stay. I thank you for your patronage and look forward to your next visit when you are again in the Gatlinburg area for business or pleasure.