WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a meeting for my work. The staff was so nice and accommodating . The price was very good for a tourist town and the room was clean and quite. They offered a tasty breakfast with many items to chose from.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We're glad you were here during your business trip and that your stay was enjoyable. I hope we will see you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I always check trip advisor before I book a hotel. Even though I had stayed here before 10-15 years ago? I remembered it being a very nice place to stay and was kind of concerned after reading a few bad reviews. But the good reviews out weighed the bad, and there was a trip advisor special price I couldn't beat. I don't know which rooms the bad reviews stayed in, but room 502 was great. Everything was very nice and clean and in good working order. The elevators did NOT seem slow to me as several people complained about. The parking was a little tight, but we drive a mid sized SUV and had no problems parking...yet the parking lot was not full and we had plenty of room to maneuver. I can see how it might be a problem if the lot is full or if you drive a big jacked up 4 x 4 pick up. Call me unfashionable, but those who said it was out dated....hmmm? I guess I am not up on all the new home decor styles or new fashion trends because it all seemed nice to me. How arrogant can one get thinking that a hotel has to update it's decor yearly. ...I would rather them keep my cost low instead of spending unnecessary money to update to the newest fashion trends. The walls looked nice and freshly painted, carpets were clean....I guess I don't see what the previous comments meant about being out dated. My only complaint (minor) was the hair dryer was weak in both heat and blowing force. As far as previous complaints about breakfast- I can't comment on. We stayed up late and ended up sleeping ...right thru breakfast. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yellowbird92
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your positive comments referring to our parking, rooms, etc. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again on a return visit to Gatlinburg.
Earlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at The Edgewater hotel. I have wanted to stay at this hotel for sometime but , it was always booked up on the dates we were coming into Gatlinburg . I was finally able to get a room in November for a weekend getaway . The staff were super friendly, the room was great and very clean . There happened to be convention going on the weekend we were there and I was so afraid of not being able to sleep for fear of kids running up and down the hallway all night but , that wasn't the case. They put us on the 8th floor and we never heard a thing . We slept peacefully . We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Edgewater. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg. We look forward to your next visit.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Edgewater in November the last 4 years. We had a beautiful room with a great view! This time we had a frieplace in our room. My husband cut off the pilot light while trying to light the fire.. we called the front desk and within minutes a very friendly maintenance man knocked on our door and had our fire going.. It was wonderful! The location is great- a very short walk across the street and we were in downtown Gatlinburg. Will definietly be back next year. We can't wait!
Stacey H

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey H
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate your continued patronage and are happy that you had excellent customer service during your stay here at the Edgewater and we look forward to your next visit.
Newnan, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were there for a family reunion, rooms were very clean and my husband said the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The service that was provided was outstanding anything needed was provided. I Love good old Southern Hospitality and the Edgewater Hotel has it. Our dinner Saturday night catered by the Hotel was fabulous. This was our second reunion at The Edgewater Hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: River side rooms can view the river and the town. Mountain side rooms may see Deer's or Bear...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela S
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor your positive experience here at the Edgewater. I'm glad your reunion was a success and our hotel provided excellent customer service to your group. We appreciate your choosing the Edgewater and hope when you schedule your next family reunion you will again choose our hotel.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Edgewater for four nights in November 2013 for a conference related to his work. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There was a slight miscommunication (my fault) upon check-in, but it was handled in such a friendly and professional manner by the man at the reception area (Peter?). Anyway, we were impressed by the way he handled the situation and put us at ease right away. Our room was great, especially the balcony over the river and the fantastic views. The location was perfect for walking anywhere in the downtown area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LeighRnc
I appreciate your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your check in experience was completed quickly and efficiently and that you enjoyed your stay. I thank you for your patronage and look forward to your next visit when you are again in the Gatlinburg area for business or pleasure.
hager hill ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

stayed at the edgewater hotel in Gatlinburg in October 2013 hotel was very clean, excellent location, pretty good breakfast, but the best thing there is the staff. Robbie,Lori, and Roberta are the best employees out of anywhere I have ever stayed they treat you like family .they do all they can to see you have a good vacation. keep up the good work girls we will be back. doug Jennings

Room Tip: higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your positive remarks about the hotel as well as our staff. I will certainly pass them on to Roberta, Robbie and Lori. I agree, we are lucky to have them.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to a future visit the next time travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.