“Had a wonderful time!”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Edgewater for four nights in November 2013 for a conference related to his work. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There was a slight miscommunication (my fault) upon check-in, but it was handled in such a friendly and professional manner by the man at the reception area (Peter?). Anyway, we were impressed by the way he handled the situation and put us at ease right away. Our room was great, especially the balcony over the river and the fantastic views. The location was perfect for walking anywhere in the downtown area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeighRnc
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I appreciate your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your check in experience was completed quickly and efficiently and that you enjoyed your stay. I thank you for your patronage and look forward to your next visit when you are again in the Gatlinburg area for business or pleasure.
Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

stayed at the edgewater hotel in Gatlinburg in October 2013 hotel was very clean, excellent location, pretty good breakfast, but the best thing there is the staff. Robbie,Lori, and Roberta are the best employees out of anywhere I have ever stayed they treat you like family .they do all they can to see you have a good vacation. keep up the good work girls we will be back. doug Jennings

Room Tip: higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your positive remarks about the hotel as well as our staff. I will certainly pass them on to Roberta, Robbie and Lori. I agree, we are lucky to have them.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to a future visit the next time travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have visited Gatlinburg on several occasions, and always use the same motel. However, we decided to make a spur of the moment trip, and since we wanted to be "downtown" close to the parkway, the Edgewood was the only one with vacancies. After this trip, I will stay elsewhere even if I have to pay more. My husband and I and another couple booked 2 riverside rooms Oct 24 - Oct 28, 2013. Upon entry, their toilet would not flush, and they had maintenance work on it repeatedly. They were never offered another room, and being the nice folks they are, they did not ask. Our toilet flushed, but very slowly. In both rooms, the carpet was so dirty and stained, that we kept ours shoes on at all times. We all agreed that the beds were very hard, and the pillows were flat and hard. My husband and I tried changing from one bed to the other (we had 2 queen beds in our room) but there was no difference. And we tried every pillow in the room! Sure wish I had brought my own. The TV was an old box type. The parking is very tight, like everyone says. But at least it was covered. However, if you were parked on P2 in front of and to the right of the elevators, be prepared for water to drip (almost pour) from the overhead pipes every morning. Not sure why, but we saw this happen several times, and there was water standing around the cars and in the driveway. Coffee offered at breakfast was very bitter, and we could not drink it. But at least there were 2 waffle makers. However, no scrambled eggs. Hard biscuits. So the line for the waffles was long. With the price we paid for our rooms, we expected something better than this. We understand that this is an old hotel, but it needs some serious maintenance and updating. But because of the great location, don't expect any. As long as people continue to use this hotel, they probably won't make any big changes. It's their location that brings in the guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MyPenny
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your comments and suggestions and will forward them to the proper departments. I apologize for the unfortunate situation your friends had with their room. We wish we had been able to move them, but as all of our week-ends sell out, we did not have a room available.
We hope that travel plans will bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've wanted to stay at this hotel for years. It didn't disappoint us. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and eager to please. It was conviently located so a short walk to the main street in downtown Gatlinburg. Our room overlooked the river and the view was relaxing. We plan to stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. We appreciate your choosing us during your trip and hope that we can host a future visit when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the motel on oct. 4th and was was checked in by a very well mannered young man, I believe his name was Jason or Justin, the other older woman at the front desk was also very kind although I was unable to catch her name, and between the two they recommended several nice restaurants. I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights, the room I stayed in was very clean with a nice view of the river. The service in this motel was very nice and I enjoyed my stay, I will defiantly be returning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We always strive for excellent customer service and I appreciate knowing that our staff made you feel welcome and appreciated. I wiil pass on your remarks to everyone. We look forward to another chance to host you in the near future when travel plans could bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with our 20 month old son October 13th through October 19th. We stayed in the King suite rooms 831 and 833 (joining rooms). Large room with good size mini fridge, fireplace and balcony with a great view of mountains and the parkway. The room connected to another room with a pullout couch, 2nd bathroom, bathroom and fireplace. It was perfect for us. My son slept in a portable crib in the connected room which was nice to be able to utilize the balcony and fireplace after we out him to sleep. The room was clean and nice. The hotel staff was friendly. I didn't have problems with slow elevators, we found them average and no slower than any others. The breakfast was nice and the breakfast room was huge and very clean. I love that they had high chairs! The parking garage is a tight fit but it's not a reason to not stay. We have a mid size SUV and we fit in the spaces but it was a tight fit. We loved the location. Close enough to walk easily to the parkway but far enough back to be quiet! The stream in front of the hotel was so nice! My son loved going to feed the ducks every morning! Great hotel and will be back for sure!!! (Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the hotel is slightly outdated, nothing major, just decor. Nothing that can't be overlooked!! ) I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank NatalieGuy
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Edgewater. I appreciate your positive comments and am happy that your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. I hope to see you in the near future when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying at this hotel. They have actually updated it since our last stay. The hotel is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. I have no complaints about that part at all. My only issue with this place was the parking. If you go out of an evening, there is absolutely no parking left in the parking garage. We had to park out on the street along with others. BUT....we will definitely stay here again :)

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the stream.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your mountain trip. I really appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your return visit in the near future.