“Great Location”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We arrived June 29 and stayed for 3 nights.
Rooms were very clean. Furniture looked very nice. Beds were new (kinda soft for us) they were pillow tops.
The rooms were redone but the skipped on the bathrooms at bit. There was rust above our shower around the ceiling.

Our room had a fantastic view. We were in a very good location not to much traffic on the street and you were within walking distance to everything. We only took the car out once while we were here. I would diffently stay here again.

My only suggestions for the hotel would be......

1. Have more front desk staff. There is no reason for someone having to wait in line for 20 minutes before getting checked in. The staff was having to answer the phones (which were ringing off the hook) and to check customers in.

2. Fix the rust around the showers... Doesn't look good!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed June 29, 2008

My husband and I are going to Gatlinburg over Labor Day weekend. We have decided to extend the trip by one day and leave a day early. We have a cabin reserved which is still available for the extra day that we would be arriving. However, I am not wanting to spend the extra 125.00 and look for something a little cheaper. I called Edgewater to enquire about pricing. The gal had a bad tone to her voice and sounded like I was "troubling" her. She quoted me $117.00 for one night in a double queen room. I asked her about the price for a king room. She never did tell me the price. She just said that "even if you make reservations, I can't guarantee you that a king room will be available." What, are you kidding me? Does she honestly think that I'm going to reserve a room that won't be what I want? And for $8.00 more I will just go stay in my cabin and not have to pack and unpack if I was to stay there. I just didn't care for the attitude that was given and I would more than likely NEVER inquire about staying there again. If I'm going to get attitude when I'm trying to stay there, than what am I going to get when I am there.

Stayed: June 2008
4  Thank LovintheSmokies
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Edgewater was great! It's location was good..right next to the Aquarium and close to the "strip" of Gatlinburg. The staff was friendly and the room was nice. I would stay again anytime!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2008

We originally had reservations at the Clarion, where we have stayed before, but thought it to be a bit pricey this time around at $139.95 which included a 10% discount. So, we spent some time online looking for something different and less expensive.

The Edgewater stood out because of the multi-million dollar renovation they advertised and also because it was walking distance to the aquarium, which was going to be the main attraction of our one night stay on our way further south. The reviews on Trip Advisor were very mixed, but the price of $80 per night on hotels.com sealed the deal for us. Since we needed 2 rooms, we would end up paying barely more in total than 1 room was going to cost us at the Clarion. (Incidentally, I called the hotel direct just to see what price they were offering over the phone and it would have been $129.95)

Upon arrival, we weren't sure our van with luggage carrier on top would fit into the parking garage, but it did...just barely. We had no problem parking. There was a bit of a wait for the elevators our entire stay - there is only one set that I know of in the hotel. First impression of the rooms was nice. The size of the room was very adequate. The setup of the room and its furnishings were very standard hotel fare. The new decor was very nice. It looked like new carpeting, bedding and furnishings.

The bathroom was very tiny. It looked like they had put in new counters and a shower liner, but the ceiling looked old and there was an old flourescent light that flickered. The drop ceiling was soft-tiled with metal grid-like framing which was rusted all around the edges. It's a shame they put money into everything else but stopped short in the bathrooms. Later that night after returning from the aquarium and dinner, the time I spent in the bathroom left me wondering just how clean it was. Suffice it to say I felt the need to wipe down the toilet with my Clorox wipes. Perhaps most people wouldn't have even noticed, but I pay close attention to that kind of stuff.

We asked for a crib and had to pay $10 for a pac-n-play that we knew was going to be too small for our 1 year old. He ended up sleeping in bed with us which didn't exactly make for a good night's sleep.

We ate from the continental breakfast the next morning. It was fair - nothing special. My bagel was dry so instead I had a delicious muffin. One son had cold cereal; the other had pancakes. Had to warm them up in the microwave.

Overall, our experience was fine. The Edgewater turned out to meet our needs well, especially for the price we got. We liked the renovated sleeping rooms but thought the bathroom fell short. Experience with staff was minimal but pleasant. We didn't use the pool but did go and take a look at it. I thought it could use a little face lift, but there were plenty of people who seemed to be enjoying it. With so many hotels to choose from in Gatlinburg, I would probably try something different next time just for fun, but I would also not hesitate to come back to the Edgewater.

Reviewed June 16, 2008

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed at in Gatlinburg. The location is terrific. It is within the easiest walking distance you could imagine. It recently went through a remodel and it is georgeous! The lobby is so pretty and the rooms are equally as nice. The beds are comfortable and they are actually pretty. The bathroom is small, but it is big enough to serve its purpose. Check-in was quick and they even let us check in nearly 2 hours earlier than we were supposed to. The maid service was helpful and very polite. I love that there was a covered parking garage and the parking spaces are tight, but they aren't as bad as everyone else had made them out to be. They also have an aracde and an indoor/outdoor pool that is seperated by a partition. They also have two hot tubs and a workout room. The hotel was clean and the remodel was complete upon our arrival. I highly, highly suggest this hotel. I know we will return!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2008

The Edgewater Hotel was the perfect setting for our Smoky Mountain One Tank Getaway. Check-In was friendly and easy. The room was clean and welcoming. The mattress was surprisingly supportive and comfortable paired with many pillows. The indoor/outdoor pool was clean and refreshing. To wrap up our trip the Bountiful Continental Breakfast had many of our favorites to choose from. We were able explore the surrounding sights on full stomachs, well rested and happy. We recommend the Edgewater Hotel as a great sanctuary for your next visit the Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed June 13, 2008

This is my first time to write a review for anything, I feel moved to share with as many people as possible the positive experience my family and I experienced while visiting Gatlinburg, TN and the Edgewater Hotel.

They promised a $1.5 million dollar renovation and they certainly delivered. Appears everything is new and fresh and clean. We so appreciated the microfridges as heating up left overs saved us $$$$.

We walked to everything. We never touched our car. The parking is free and the garage is covered. We were fortunate because there was a hail storm while we were there which saved us car damage.

Be wise and bring a fishing pole (we didn't but will next time) You can trout fish in their front yard. We did feed the ducks, however.

Oh, they give you free breakfast. I ate the best Bicuits and Gravy and gained 5 pounds...ouch!

Anyway,the staff was so helpful and answered all our dumb "tourist' questions. They seem very happy to be there.

I would defintely recommend this hotel. Edgewater, if you're reading this, we will be back!

1  Thank familyman072