The Edgewater Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$130
$259
GardenInn.com
$259
$249
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$108
$119
$937
Cancelon
1,054 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastparking garagemysterious mansionelevators were slowthe indoor outdoor poolthe riverwithin walking distancemountain sideyogurtthe main stripbiscuits and gravysmall balconywould stay here againgreat place to staythe room was nicespace needlerooms were very clean
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I last stayed at the Edgewater in October for a two day meeting event. We tend to meet here once per year. It's not the plushest of hotels in Gatlinburg but it isn't the shabbiest either. The hotel staff are friendly. Hotel event staff have been pretty accommodating for our association's needs. It's located off the traffic of the main strip in Gatlinburg but still within fairly easy walking distance of attractions on that street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front overlooking the creek are my favorite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bfain
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Edgewater. Your comments and continued patronage are certainly appreciated.. We also look forward to your next visit to Gatlinburg, whether it is part of a group function or just a family get-a-way.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family spent 3 nights at the Edgewater last week and it was just as nice as ever. It speaks well of a place (tom me) when there are so many familiar faces at the front desk from year to year. The lady who checked in this year with our soon-to-be-teen daughter was the same lady who checked us in the year the same daughter brought her baby doll & carriage with her, lol.

The breakfast was better this year than last! Being free, my hope are not always great on that score ... but there were waffles, toast, little sugared doughnuts, hot biscuits & gravy, eggs, fresh apples, etc. Pleasantly surprised! :)

We were on the Riverside, 7th floor; the highlight of our vacations, spending time watching river (with ducks & geese ~ the geese hatched their goslings during our visit, too!!) and the town below, so lovely.

Everything was clean, the pool was fabulous (heated to perfection) and each and every member of the staff (cleaning, maintenance, front desk) that I ran into was very friendly & made us feel truly welcome.

Now, no ~ the building is NOT new. If you want some lush & lavish whatever, go elsewhere. But it is nicely maintained and the only things I would quibble about (maybe) are the elevators (they are kinda slow) and the parking garage was not built for today's large SUV (the vast majority of which seen to be driven by people who have no idea how to park in the first place & only exacerbate the problem).

Like I said, we love this hotel and will certainly go back again. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. Your remarks will be passed on to our staff. We appreciate your choosing us as your host hotel for your previous vacations and look forward to seeing you again when future plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.
Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I came to Gatlinburg for a getaway with a few friends. We had the best time and the staff helped with everything. The room was clean and large. We loved having coffee in the morning on our balcony looking out at the mountains. We stayed on the river side on the 8th floor which I would recommend. The location can't be beat with everything within walking distance. The men enjoyed fishing right in front of the hotel while the ladies went shopping. We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side and higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay. I'm glad you considered your stay to be perfect. Yes, the 8th floor rooms are nice and the view is spectacular. I hope the fishing was enjoyable as well and you took home plenty of souvenirs.
We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Edgewater plenty of times in the past and I have very mixed feelings about this stay. We stayed over Mother's Day weekend. The room had an old style tv and a bedspread. Not the one that is shown on their website. Very disappointed in the room. We were on the 4th floor and you could hear the noise from the street. On Sat, the maid starting knocking on the door at 9 am wanting to come in and clean. She knocked 3 times before 10 am on Sat. The a/c was not cooling the room down like it should have. I had it turned to 64 and the room was still warm. I reported it and the maintenance man came up and said it was working properly. If working properly, the thermostat should not have to been turned down that low. I spoke to the front desk on 3 separate occasions concerning various things. This was the first time we had stayed on the 4th floor. The rooms on the 8th floor are not the same as those on the 4th. They have the newer flat paneled type tv's. The tv in our room was very old-it worked but it was very old-contrary to what their website states.
Adding insult to injury, a family member came to visit and decided to stay the night. They got a room on the same floor as we were staying and they were charged over $30.00 LESS than we were. I was standing there when it happened! Even the family member made the remark about the cost to them and they did not care. The hotel was pretty empty and they were a "walk in". Yes, I did say something, didn't help.
I could have gone to another hotel that has just finishing renovations and stayed in a brand new suite cheaper than what I was charged. Not really sure if I will go back. A free night is not always worth it.
Many changes at the Edgewater and not all for the best. They do have a Manager's reception in the evening. The lady from housekeeping (not the maid) was very friendly and helpful. Some at the front desk could use a course in "How to Treat a Customer" as in one that I had to deal with was not helpful and she was giving me the impression that I was bothering her and she had better things to do than to deal with me and my concerns.
In the end, I was very very disappointed in my stay at the Edgewater.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, 6th floor or higher! 4th floor is where they like to keep groups of kids that are on a "field" trip or whatever they call it now. 8th floor is supposed to be used for couples only-no children. (Or that is what we were told by a hotel employee).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Heather K

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay. We appreciate and take seriously all of your comments and suggestions for future improvements to our hotel, and I will pass them on to the proper department heads, but I would like to mention that we are in the process of completing the update of all our rooms with flat screen televisions and spreads as well as other amenities. I hope you will consider staying at the Edgewater again when future plans bring you back to our area. I believe you will be well pleased as you have been on previous visits.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at the Edgewater for the last three nights, and I have mixed feelings. This looks like a resort that was once a grand palace, and although it is a bit worn, it is still a pretty cool place to stay for the price. This was Memorial Day weekend so it was pretty busy.

Check in was very efficient. Got exactly what I paid for. The free drink at the manager's reception was a plus. When I got to the room, I was a bit dissapointed. My view was of the back parking lot, and the room had a really musty smell to it. But I always travel with a can of Fabreeze, so that took care of it. Had to use it every day. I guess the smell is from the older carpet and furnishings.

Pool area is nice, with both an indoor and outdoor pool and two hot tubs. Used them every night. The free breakfast is actually quite good. First day had waffles, biscuits and gravy, egg patties, sausage links, and juice. They also had cereal, oatmeal, pastries, etc. Second day, sausage patties and all of the above.

Biggest downside was the parking. First 2 nights, no problem. Last night they were sold out, and they don't have enough parking for all the guests. OK, they probably do if everyone was courteous and didn't take up two spots when they only needed one, or didn't bring more than one vehicle per room. But I went to a show and got back late the last night, and parking was an issue,

Bottom line. I would stay here again if the price was right. Love the location, the pool area and the breakfast. The room I had was average, no view, musty smell, dated decor, and they really need to address the parking issue. But for the money, it was a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying at the Edgewater Hotel during the busy Memorial Week-end, and I appreciate all of your feedback regarding your visit. We are always striving for better customer service and your comments and suggestions will assist us for future planning. I hope when you make plans for another visit to the Gatlnburg area, you will again choose to stay at the Edgewater.