“Another great stay”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights from Oct 14 to Oct 17. The Edgewater was very good as usual. The prices are reasonable and rooms and very clean and spacious. We always stay on the riverside to enjoy the balcony. Bathroom is a little small but very clean. Our only problem was the card reader on the door lock acted up but it was repaired very quickly.

1  Thank hardshell911
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

From Baton Rouge, La. and have been to Gatlinburg many times. Stayed here recently (October 21--26, 2012) This is the only place we have stayed where the whole experience was totally satisfactory. The parking is so very convienent, you can park within 25 yards of the elevator on both floors. The reservation, check in and check out services are excellent. The rooms are always very clean and very well equipped. Pools are excellent and well kept up, very clean. Walking distance to all of Parkway in Gatlinburg. Breakfast was more than adequate and good. Not a full big breakfast but we dont eat that kind of breakfast anyway. Views are excellent from the balconies of every room. Staff is very friendly and rooms were cleaned promptly each day. We will definitely stay at the Edgewater every time we visit Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Riverside has very exciting view of all of downtown Gatlingburg. Mountain side rooms have a very pr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank John Z
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Edgewater Oct.14th thru the 17th. I have been staying at the edgewater for the last 14 years and have never canceled a reservation. when i made my reservation approx. 6 weeks in advance there was an immediate with drawl from my bank account for 1 nights stay. it had never happened before? When i arrived i asked the desk clerk why this happened and was told that some people would not cancel there reservations and the hotel would be stuck with an empty room and could not get there money for the first nights stay.I know that it only takes a minute to check a guest past history and see if they have ever done this to the hotel. It is really an insult to me to be grouped with all these other people. Now as far as the condition of the hotel the 2 rugs in the lobby were very dirty, which i did mention to maintaince and a couple of other employees, but i know that they have no authority to do anything, also ice machine on 6th floor was broken for the entire stay. The repair was to put a sign on it telling the guest to go up or down 1 floor for ice. There is no excuse for this. I have worked in maintenance long enough to know that if repair parts are not available locally that they can be overnighted in. also there is no de-caf coffee in the rooms, no scratch pads for notes when using your computer, and apperently they no longer use any fabric softner in there towels.I know that these small items will save money over a period of time. I am sorry to say that this is not the same quality hotel that i started staying in 14 years ago. If the manager would like to talk to me personally i am sure that the clerks on the reception desk (which are very nice) can tell you who i am and you can send me an "E" mail with your phone number and i will call you. (my room # was 615)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travler003
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me last week about your recent stay at the Edgewater. Your concerns and comments are important to me and I have spoken to the appropriate department heads to address these issues.
I also appreciate you sharing suggestions for enhancements to our property. I will incude your remarks and ideas to the management team at our next meeting for discussion.
As I mentioned during our conversation, I do appreciate your patronage over the last 14 years, and I look forward to seeing you in person on your next visit.
Best Regards,
JoAnn Ward
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is pretty nice. Clean rooms, great balconies, good staff. The parking garage is horrible. Way too tight. I didn't want to park in it and wouldn't come back just based on that. The pool is really nice but pretty small. Breakfast is a joke but there is mcdonalds just down the road.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank CosmoBear
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in the middle of october. Friendly and accommodating staff at the front desk. We had a room with a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub which was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was okay. The hotel was in a good location to the strip. There is a little stream that runs in front of the hotel that is quite pretty. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice, comfortable stay.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at The Edgewater for two nights this October. The service varied from friendly to coolly professional, but that didn't seem strange given this is the busiest time of the year for them. The rooms were small and badly designed as was the hotel as a whole. On the plus side the elevators gave you time to reflect and ponder life as we know it.

I would not stay here again.

7  Thank Wipfel G
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We try to go to Gatlinburg a couple times a year and have stayed in several places, and we very much enjoyed the Edgewater Hotel. We arrived early, and even though our room was not ready, we were able to check in and park in the parking garage while our room was being cleaned. The location is perfect for walking around town and close to many main attractions. We reserved a river-side room overlooking Gatlinburg. At check in, I recommend requesting a room on a higher floor so you can enjoy the view from your balcony. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The indoor jacuzzis are okay but still nice after a long day of shopping and sight seeing. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast. It has the norms of most hotels including making waffles, but Saturday morning also included sausage with biscuits and gravy, and on Sunday there were eggs instead of sausage. It was quite crowded, but that may have just been our particular weekend. Some people complain about the slow elevators, but I think the issue is too many people using them at the same time: check in and check out times. Other than that, the elevators were fine. I think you will enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floors river side.Great views of Gatlinburg.
2  Thank Paula K