All reviews king suite hot breakfast national park free breakfast would stay here again city view indoor pool the room was nice ober gatlinburg convention center balcony overlooking the breakfast area up to date clarion strip fireplace jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on our 10 year anniversary and we planned a stay in a different hotel as usual that didn't work out so last minute we decided to go to black bear in for our stay and they jumped right in a nod made our stay amazing we stayed 2 nights and then were supposed to go to a cabin well sad for us that didnt work out either so we packed our bags and went back to the black bear inn to complete our anniversary week in the best hotel thanks to everyone there for making the stay amazing your the best

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Of the 9 different hotels and cabins i have stayed at in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, this one was the worst. There was a very unhelpful and unfriendly older gentleman working the front counter. Also, when we requested additional towels for our room we were told we could only get them when room service comes up, which was several hours after our request. Furthermore, the pool and hot tub building was poorly upkept. The “automatic” door to the pool didn’t open even during open hours, and the bathrooms were extremely dirty. The pool area also did not keep the towels filled up, and they ran out. The breakfast was pretty good, but they are very strict about having a ticket in order to get a plate of food. The best thing about this place is the location. Its in perfect walking distance of anywhere you want to go on the Gatlinburg strip. No idea why they charge a “resort fee” when the service and quality are so poor. Overall, great location but bad service and average quality.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

We've stayed and reviewed here before. This trip the hotel was looking more dated and in need of a makeover. However the room was clean and we did have a balcony which was nice. The location is awesome here. Walk out the front door to everything. The breakfast is a real breakfast not just fruit and bagels.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Brett C
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

The lobby area was ok, breakfast was ok. Our room, HORRIBLE!!! Mold growing in tub and ac vent, tile in bathroom was nasty, stains on walls, part of the ceiling had some type damage. There was a smell in the hallway similar to sewage. Never again!!

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Coastal47754945022
Reviewed October 25, 2018

We visited for a quick getaway, wanting some mountain air and a chance to rest a little. I could talk a lot about how Gatlinburg was probably the wrong choice for that...but I will limit myself to talking about the hotel and I've thought quite a bit about what to say here.

First, the positives. This is an excellent location. Right on the main road, walking distance to most everything on offer-restaurants, shops, activities for the family. Parking was free (if I'm remembering correctly) and plentiful. The bed was very comfortable. Hurricane Michael forced us to leave a day early, and the front desk staff was so understanding and even refunded us our unused night. Our room was clean, and refreshed the next day. The staff we encountered was friendly and helpful.

Now, the drawbacks. I'm sure it must be difficult to plan to renovate/update a high-volume hotel such as this one, but I do feel that an update is in order. Carpet, wallpaper, couches, and tiles, while clean, do need to be replaced. Linens and towels were fine. TVs, although on the smaller side, worked well, as did our wi-fi. Kitchenette area was fine. The small balcony area had plastic chairs, but was a nice way to sit and people-watch. The smell of the cleaning solutions may have bothered some, but didn't bother us.

My husband used the jetted tub and enjoyed it. We didn't use the pool, nor did we eat the breakfast they offered, so I can't speak to those things. Street level noise might be a problem for some.

To close, a major renovation would do this place good. Money well spent in this high-volume hotel would yield a great return in the long run. I hope it happens for this place soon, as the location can't be beat. Would definitely consider staying again, even with the above drawbacks noted.
P.S. Go eat next door at Calhouns! Do it (but go early, because it is hella busy)!

Date of stay: October 2018